What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lomax getting replaced

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
It’s a misnomer to suggest Aitken’s appearance resulting into some sort of mystical “game changer”. In reality, the Lomax-Ravalawa combination was terrible...and it was the latter’s fault due to his propensity to unnecessarily drift in.

be55

Juniors
Maestro 1,
Please forgive me for straying off topic but...............

l couldn't help notice your screen name and wonder if you are in fact, the one & only Maestro from Seinfeld of if you are just another conductor of an orchestra?

View attachment 29726
If he is the one and only Maestro he'd have a house in Tuscany,but don't you think about going to Tuscany there is nothing available :D

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don't think the answer is as complex as people are making out. Supercoach thought that field would be a failure and that his love child would get onto the grand a lot sooner than he did. But because field was having a fairly good game he had to pick on something to bring on love child. Unfortunately when Lomax went low on that tackle that was his opportunity to make the change. Before that he was always going to move Lomax either into the halves and bring love child on at Centre or move Lomax into the forwards. So in fact field stuffed his plans and I expect lomax to be dropped or benched next week.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I don't think the answer is as complex as people are making out. Supercoach thought that field would be a failure and that his love child would get onto the grand a lot sooner than he did. But because field was having a fairly good game he had to pick on something to bring on love child. Unfortunately when Lomax went low on that tackle that was his opportunity to make the change. Before that he was always going to move Lomax either into the halves and bring love child on at Centre or move Lomax into the forwards. So in fact field stuffed his plans and I expect lomax to be dropped or benched next week.
Yep you've worked the scumbag out perfectly

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
UP 18-12 MCGREGOR BENCHES LOMAX AND PAYS THE PRICE

In the 50th minute of the game between the Dragons and the Warriors, Ben Hunt puts up a bomb, Zac Lomax flies through the air, knocks the ball back to Makaele Ravalawa who runs through to score a try. But he didn’t. The touch judge says Lomax propelled the ball forward (he didn’t) and so it’s a handover to the Warriors.
That’s it for Lomax though, despite having already scored a try and being the team’s goalkicker, coach Paul McGregor hooks the kid and puts Euan Aitken on. That’s the same Aitken who had been pretty darn horrible all year and had been recently demoted from starting centre to the bench — for good reason.

The Warriors pile on the points scoring a try minutes later (not Aitken’s fault it was on the other side) and then two more both of which benefited from poor defensive reads by Aitken.

If Aitken was not good enough to play 80 minutes, why does McGregor think he can manage 20?

Life's Good

Coach
UP 18-12 MCGREGOR BENCHES LOMAX AND PAYS THE PRICE

In the 50th minute of the game between the Dragons and the Warriors, Ben Hunt puts up a bomb, Zac Lomax flies through the air, knocks the ball back to Makaele Ravalawa who runs through to score a try. But he didn’t. The touch judge says Lomax propelled the ball forward (he didn’t) and so it’s a handover to the Warriors.
That’s it for Lomax though, despite having already scored a try and being the team’s goalkicker, coach Paul McGregor hooks the kid and puts Euan Aitken on. That’s the same Aitken who had been pretty darn horrible all year and had been recently demoted from starting centre to the bench — for good reason.

The Warriors pile on the points scoring a try minutes later (not Aitken’s fault it was on the other side) and then two more both of which benefited from poor defensive reads by Aitken.

If Aitken was not good enough to play 80 minutes, why does McGregor think he can manage 20?

Simple. The coach is an idiot.

Gareth67

First Grade
I might just learn how to play monopoly from now on , or whenever the Dragons are playing. It’s less stressful on the old ticker and there’s plenty of money to win . :euro: