What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lomax not playing RD 1

Frank Facer

First Grade
It will fall on deaf ears. Mary is the right man for the right time - whatever that means.

Straight Shooter
I actually once sent an email to Doust, Price and Craig Young and explained how Soward was scared to go to the line and commit defenders, that he was afraid of the physical contact of the game and many other things. To my surprise he was dropped that week. lol That was the beginning of the end for Soward at Saints. Now I don't know if my email made any difference or if it was just a coincidence.

I think it is time for me to send an email to Johnston, Millward and Mary regarding Aitken. lol

BLM01

First Grade
I actually once sent an email to Doust, Price and Craig Young and explained how Soward was scared to go to the line and commit defenders, that he was afraid of the physical contact of the game and many other things. To my surprise he was dropped that week. lol That was the beginning of the end for Soward at Saints. Now I don't know if my email made any difference or if it was just a coincidence.

I think it is time for me to send an email to Johnston, Millward and Mary regarding Aitken. lol
Ohhh FF. I think you are dreaming big time there. No I dont think your email made any difference or likely even it was read. Why dont they email you before each game for more advice?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Although a suspicious source, it would surprise if McGregor DIDN’T make some nonsensical round one selections.

Please do .

Straight Shooter

Wittenberg

Juniors
Mary is patient and loyal. My take on this is Euan is getting every chance at saving himself. If he fails he will be dropped and won't have any cause to whinge.
How many more chances can Aitken be given.? At the back end of the last two seasons he has been terrible. A bright star who simply has traded on his name and previous media hype. The game that sticks in my memory was against the Roosters. He, and others on our right side were simply destroyed. He missed two tackles that lead directly to tries and he was simply run over for the third. The way he has fallen away has been tragic.

gitano

Juniors
According to a well regraded poster Aitken was in fact not injured but dropped and coach was too frightened to say that.
So if correct then Lomax is in fact the incumbent due to form.

Well regarded like the 98% who consistently get it wrong?
no-TfS8MAR9ucLHW

nontime111

Juniors

please do it, they listen to you it was you who got us 11 strait of course youre opinion still holds weight!

possm

Coach
Either Aitken getting injured or us losing are the only ways in which Aitken will lose his spot and Lomax get a chance. It took an injury to Aitken for Lomax to get his chance last year. Most fans, besides Gitano all thought that Lomax performed better than Aitken, when given the opportunity.

If we lose enough games, then Mary may even get the sack too. What a conflict of interests. lol

The reason for Mary to be extended before round 1 is so the performance of the team will not effect Mary's ambitions and pay packet. The deal is done. Our CEO is part of the old boys club which means - like Doust - he won't have to worry about keeping his job for many years to come; not matter how he performs.

possm

Coach

I've sent many an email on a wide range of matters but never received a reply. We have a very arrogant and uncaring management team at SGI.

sea dragon

Juniors
NRL.COM reporting Lomax not playing RD 1 being replaced by Mikaele Ravalawa

Thoughts ?
Yes well to tell you the truth thought Lomax's defence in Charity Shield was a bit ordinary. Ravalawa looked very strong. Maybe a few weeks in reggies to work on his defence will do him good.

dragonhysteria

Juniors
Yes well to tell you the truth thought Lomax's defence in Charity Shield was a bit ordinary. Ravalawa looked very strong. Maybe a few weeks in reggies to work on his defence will do him good.
Thought his defence was sound. It was under the high ball he was found lacking.

possm

Coach

Maybe Mary should be dropped to reggies to learn various defensive structures. It seems no matter whether is Aitken/Nightingale, Aitken/Macdonald or Aitken/Lomax, our right edge is a real mess in defence.

Between Euan’s hamstring issues and Gareth’s shoulder issues, both Zac Lomax and Matt Dufty will get the opportunity to nail down a spot in the first 13.

Is comforting we have good depth.

I am more interested in our wing selections and when Ravalawa and Pearson will be given a chance to shine.

Como Connection

First Grade
The reason for Mary to be extended before round 1 is so the performance of the team will not effect Mary's ambitions and pay packet. The deal is done. Our CEO is part of the old boys club which means - like Doust - he won't have to worry about keeping his job for many years to come; not matter how he performs.
The deal is not done.
Mid year is decision time, that is the information I have.
CC

since77

Juniors
You know they will extend Marys contract too.
100% they will. Just as we knew 100% Aitken and Lafai would be round 1 centres.
Accept it as fact now and get on with enjoying the footy I say.

There’s no such thing as enjoying the footy while McGregor is in charge.

blacksafake

First Grade
The deal is not done.
Mid year is decision time, that is the information I have.
CC
Well your mail is normally good CC & this one makes me a bit happier.
It's a real conundrum however as I never hope they go poorly but it is the only way he'll not get an extension going by the noise coming out of the club.:confused:

emack

Juniors
Well its official - McDuckwit is now officially a member of the Dragons remake of "The Wizard of Oz" and he is playing "Scarecrow" who's theme song is "if I only had a brain"...............buckle up Guys, long season ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!