What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

London Calling

johnkelley

Juniors
Save yourself the trouble, no one gives a f**k what you think.

Ditto Fein.

I am all for everyone being entitled to their opinion but honestly "boo hoo" i couldn't give two hoots about yours.

If you don't support or appreciate what these people are doing for "OUR" club you may as well f@*k off and find something else to do with your time.

They are rebuilding a dynasty here and i am hanging on for dear life to enjoy the ride of my life.

Dave Q

Coach
Boo can make his observations free forum and all of that, but the constant critiscism in the face of proof and fact seems to undermine his more objective observations.

Not one step backwards boo, not on my watch buddy and not on many others.

I am not discounting all that has come before, like many, I was a part of that long night too. We are all a bit paler for the moonlight.

I salute every player and staff member that has served our club over the years (except those now busily tearing us down).

I pay tribute to my fellow members and fans of 1984,1994, 2004 etc.

But we are only custodians boo, its our job to pass on a club in better shape than whence we found it.

And thats what is happening now and thats what we should support.

We owe it to the future, its an obligation we cant escape from.

Look at our current little rabbitoh kids boo, look at them laugh and be as proud to wear the red and green as I was. It brings a tear to the eye.

The transmission of our unique and beloved club culture, the relentless pursuit of glory, the helping out of the underpriviliged and mates doing it tough, the respect of each other, the understanding of our indigenous people, unselfishness, giving and the enrichment of our own lives.

These are a part of the eternal and enchanting values of South Sydney.

As wholly embraced by Rusty, Phac and the current management. These are my values too.

No other club in the game feels as deeply and as strongly as we do about these issues.

Thats what makes us way ahead of the curve in every respect. As it was, it is now and always will be.

Thats what makes us, win, lose, draw or even excluded, the Pride of the League.

I know you are with us in spirit boo.

Last edited:

boo_boo

Juniors
Dave, supporting South Sydney is a way of life & i have supported Souths for 42 years & my Souths tat bleeds red & green.
I will always support the club itself over any management that i believe is only there for it's own personal gain & not there for our club's long term future of the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

boo_boo

Juniors
Ditto Fein.

I am all for everyone being entitled to their opinion but honestly "boo hoo" i couldn't give two hoots about yours.

If you don't support or appreciate what these people are doing for "OUR" club you may as well f@*k off and find something else to do with your time.

They are rebuilding a dynasty here and i am hanging on for dear life to enjoy the ride of my life.

I, too will enjoy the ride as well John but i wont be foolish enough to believe that some of the members of the current management are there & only there for the future prosperity of South Sydney.
They are there for their own benefit & nothing else.

Dave Q

Coach
Dave, supporting South Sydney is a way of life & i have supported Souths for 42 years & my Souths tat bleeds red & green.
I will always support the club itself over any management that i believe is only there for it's own personal gain & not there for our club's long term future of the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

I cant quite see the current management there for personal enrichment reasons boo.

I think Phac and Rusty have brought in a lot more money and good people than they have taken out, especially because there wasnt much left when we handed them the controlling interest over some of the clubs assetts (not all).

The reality was that the club was pretty much broke and to an extent, sadly, becoming socially destitute. We had fought our way back to life only to poison ourselves with poor management and bad options.

The "yes" vote was the only genuine option at the time.

And it so far so good boo.

I think Rusty and Phac are still in the red as far as their souths venture is concerned. Those are not the actions of greed of commercially-focused exploitative indifference. Its a giving thing.

And Rusty gave the club hundreds if thousands of dollars prior to the management spill. That tends to suggest his sincerity in the matter.

In all my personal dealings and communications with current management, I can vouch for the fact that the club has always come first.

I know you are not convinced boo, nothing I say will move your deep scepticism. Its hard to champion human nature, I understand that, but in this case, I honestly think they have the clubs interests at heart.

So I suppose we agree to disagree.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Boo can make his observations free forum and all of that, but the constant critiscism in the face of proof and fact seems to undermine his more objective observations.

Not one step backwards boo, not on my watch buddy and not on many others.

I am not discounting all that has come before, like many, I was a part of that long night too. We are all a bit paler for the moonlight.

I salute every player and staff member that has served our club over the years (except those now busily tearing us down).

I pay tribute to my fellow members and fans of 1984,1994, 2004 etc.

But we are only custodians boo, its our job to pass on a club in better shape than whence we found it.

And thats what is happening now and thats what we should support.

We owe it to the future, its an obligation we cant escape from.

Look at our current little rabbitoh kids boo, look at them laugh and be as proud to wear the red and green as I was. It brings a tear to the eye.

The transmission of our unique and beloved club culture, the relentless pursuit of glory, the helping out of the underpriviliged and mates doing it tough, the respect of each other, the understanding of our indigenous people, unselfishness, giving and the enrichment of our own lives.

These are a part of the eternal and enchanting values of South Sydney.

As wholly embraced by Rusty, Phac and the current management. These are my values too.

No other club in the game feels as deeply and as strongly as we do about these issues.

Thats what makes us way ahead of the curve in every respect. As it was, it is now and always will be.

Thats what makes us, win, lose, draw or even excluded, the Pride of the League.

I know you are with us in spirit boo.

love your work dave

boo_boo

Juniors
I cant quite see the current management there for personal enrichment reasons boo.

I think Phac and Rusty have brought in a lot more money and good people than they have taken out, especially because there wasnt much left when we handed them the controlling interest over some of the clubs assetts (not all).

The reality was that the club was pretty much broke and to an extent, sadly, becoming socially destitute. We had fought our way back to life only to poison ourselves with poor management and bad options.

The "yes" vote was the only genuine option at the time.

And it so far so good boo.

I think Rusty and Phac are still in the red as far as their souths venture is concerned. Those are not the actions of greed of commercially-focused exploitative indifference. Its a giving thing.

And Rusty gave the club hundreds if thousands of dollars prior to the management spill. That tends to suggest his sincerity in the matter.

In all my personal dealings and communications with current management, I can vouch for the fact that the club has always come first.

I know you are not convinced boo, nothing I say will move your deep scepticism. Its hard to champion human nature, I understand that, but in this case, I honestly think they have the clubs interests at heart.

So I suppose we agree to disagree.

That's sweet Dave.
Look forward to having a few beers with you one day.

JetRider

Juniors
Dave I always find your observations an interesting read. in respect to Souths management, what ever their motives for being there it is their actions that we are able to judge. In respect to their actions I believe that in the majority they have been in the best interest of the club.

Our future appears in safe hands so lets not waste time anticipating drama, lets deal with whats in front of us here and now - our challenge to take Souths to the top. Focus on how we can assist the management to take us all the way and stay there.

Dave Q

Coach
That's sweet Dave.
Look forward to having a few beers with you one day.

Yes boo.

And share the stories of the good parts of the tough days.

I think it was Brookie in 2004, it was a night game, the sea breeze was very cold. It was Arthur Kitnis first game as caretaker coach.

We racked up a massive score, then the dickheads came back at us.

They edged ahead.

We looked gone.. and then in the last few minutes, against every odd known to exist, we went over.

Somehow we hung on and won the match.

There were just a few hundred of us Souths tragics and we congregated to the centre and the team came over and celebrated with us. We were close to tears, holding out our arms and fists, the players could barely raise their arms.

That night as I was paid many times over for my faith in Souths.

Sharing the glory with the boys and souths fans that night, it was a very moving experience and something Ive never forgotten. This broken-down and disabled souths side, written off by almost everyone, a team full of reserve grade nuffies, raw kids and the playing elderly, they played the absolute games of their lives.

It was like all of their footballing careers and my years of support met and exploded all at once.

Ive never been happier supporting the bunnies.

I still get choked up thinking about it.

No flies boo.

Dave Q

Coach
Dave I always find your observations an interesting read. in respect to Souths management, what ever their motives for being there it is their actions that we are able to judge. In respect to their actions I believe that in the majority they have been in the best interest of the club.

Our future appears in safe hands so lets not waste time anticipating drama, lets deal with whats in front of us here and now - our challenge to take Souths to the top. Focus on how we can assist the management to take us all the way and stay there.

:cool:Almost the perfect post JR.:)

boo_boo

Juniors
Yes boo.

I think it was Brookie in 2004, it was a night game, the sea breeze was very cold. It was Arthur Kitnis first game as caretaker coach.

They edged ahead.

We looked gone.. and then in the last few minutes, against every odd known to exist, we went over.

There were just a few hundred of us Souths tragics and we congregated to the centre and the team came over and celebrated with us. We were close to tears, holding out our arms and fists, the players could barely raise their arms.

Sharing the glory with the boys and souths fans that night, it was a very moving experience and something Ive never forgotten. This broken-down and disabled souths side, written off by almost everyone, a team full of reserve grade nuffies, raw kids and the playing elderly, they played the absolute games of their lives.

It was like all of their footballing careers and my years of support met and exploded all at once.

No flies boo.

That's the thing with Souths Dave.
Our club has given us so much grief over the years yet also so many happy memories that we will never forget & this is why we have differences of opinion because we are so passionate about what happens to our club.
Once a Rabbitoh, always a Rabbitoh.
Our club will never die.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Yes boo.

They edged ahead.

No flies boo.

i was at that came too. conned my dad into letting me drive us (had my L's at the time) an hour to brookvale to watch a game we weren't supposed to win.

and i can tell you it was bloody cold

Dave Q

Coach
i was at that came too. conned my dad into letting me drive us (had my L's at the time) an hour to brookvale to watch a game we weren't supposed to win.

and i can tell you it was bloody cold

Yes.

My partner wanted to me to buy her a beanie to keep her ears warm, but they only had Manly ones, so I wouldnt buy one for her and she froze.

True story, one of my favourites.

And yes, we travelled from out west from the Panther catchment. I recall being verbally abused by some angry Manly fans after the match.

We were meant to have been thrashed by at least 50.

Im glad you were there also Aaron. I am going to try to get it on DVD.

We should make a t-shirt for that match, it should never be forgotten.

Our reserve grade bench player, David Thompson had a massive game.

It send a shiver up the spine thinking about that match. The heart takes a few extra thumps in rememberence.

If our guys do absolutely nothing else for the rest of their lives, if they have to justify themselves to the league gods on their way up to heaven, than that win sends them to eternal paradise....just a tad faster.

Last edited:
This "current management" argument is getting a little stale imo.

Rusty, Phac and co are obviously there to make money. To think that they are there for the love of Souths alone would be ludicrous. The trick is, that while they are obviously setting up the framework to make some cash in the future, they are also setting up the framework for the club to make money and be succesful as well. As long as the club is going forward, I'm happy for the owners to be going forward as well.

If the club looked like it was going backwards and yet the owners were making money, then I'd be asking some questions.

Dave Q

Coach
This "current management" argument is getting a little stale imo.

Rusty, Phac and co are obviously there to make money. To think that they are there for the love of Souths alone would be ludicrous. The trick is, that while they are obviously setting up the framework to make some cash in the future, they are also setting up the framework for the club to make money and be succesful as well. As long as the club is going forward, I'm happy for the owners to be going forward as well.

If the club looked like it was going backwards and yet the owners were making money, then I'd be asking some questions.

The trouble with this theory is that there are much easier and more profitable ventures that to buy some of the non-core assetts of an NRL club.

All of the publicity is off-putting for s start. Then they made the hard yards during the sh*tfight.

I expect they would be happy to see their money back, maybe some interest.

These guys are not silly small-time mum & dad investors. One is the best actor on the planet and the other is extremely wealthy. Both have excellent financial advisors at their beck and call.

Making money? Jeez that cant be their reason!!

If they make some cash, thats Ok so long as they put whats needed into the joint for continuing and long-term success.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
That's the thing with Souths Dave.
Our club has given us so much grief over the years yet also so many happy memories that we will never forget & this is why we have differences of opinion because we are so passionate about what happens to our club.
Once a Rabbitoh, always a Rabbitoh.
Our club will never die.

Thats it boo, very well said.

Our club would not die in 2000-2001 because it lived on in our hearts.

And its better we die on our knees supporting Souths than stand on our feet in the colours of another.

One club to rule them all.

One club to rule over us.

The only club where dreams come true.

South Sydney, is the Pride of the f**king league.

Its time to stomp on some reputations and kick heads. To those who get in our way, no mercy will be shown.

Any Souths lad here who shows undue sympathy or heart-felt genuine compassion to another club we smash next year, when you come back home to Souths LU, I will take you down myself!!

After decades of decay, degradation and degeneration the dickheads have wrecked and desecrated this once noble game. A game where people used to care.

Well I reckon, I know, its time to put this game right.

And only one club can clean up this game and that is the club that owns it.

Souths own rugby league, and gentlemen, it seems to me, its time we took our game back.

Do you want to live forever or do you want to wear the red and green?

Last edited:

Latest posts