What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Run Over?

Bluebag

Juniors
One of the oldest records will be challenged this coming weekend at Henson Park when the Jets take on the storm at 5pm.

It has been 21 years since Newtown has lost to a First grade side and I can find no other club can make that boast. :D :D

A large crowd is hoped for to support the Jets this weekend and a must for any diehard who has asked when will be be playing first grade again, well here is your chance to see the leagues oldest club take on the Leagues youngest club.

See you all there!

Jeffles

Bench
In fact, the last game we played we actually won. We beat Canberra at Orana Park.

NEWTOWN JETS - UNDEFEATED IN 1ST GRADE SINCE 1983!!!!

Foz

Bench
Well I hate to say it but its also been 21 years since the Jets have scored a point against an NRL side. After yesterday nothings changed. :) :) :)

Jeffles

Bench
It's been 21 years since we played a first grade side in decent weather.

Still a day I won't forget for a while (I've never been so soaking wet).

It was a great game for demonstrating the gulf in standard between the two comps. Full time professionalism really makes a difference.

Bluebag

Juniors
Jeffles, the last I saw you you were hiding under shelter I believe I was in the rain during the game, wernt you with your papa.

Foz very true but when you dont hold the ball it makes it very difficult and 54 points against is good in 21 years. (always look on the bright side).

Jeffles

Bench
I was nowhere near Papa. Last I saw he was entertaining the people I'm not allowed to talk about on this forum (their jobs are under scrutiny on March 27. That's a hint).

And I was performing a function. The horn I blow (no imagery there) sounds a lot better than Mr Lynch's.

And 54 points in 21 years is phenomenal defence. Go the Jets.

Newtown Ear

Juniors
I am with Bluebag on this one.

While I was soaking wet all you seemed to do was walk around entertaining your Melbourne Storm mate. Both of you looked pretty dry to me.

I hope the directors who think you are the 'Golden Haired Boy' didn't see you being so lazy. Seems like you have been hanging around with Iggy Plop for too long!

Jeffles

Bench
Soaking wet were you?

Was that while you were erecting the BBQ stalls?
Was that while you were putting out the post pads and corner posts?
Was that while you were attatching the Storm banner to the steel sign to erect on the scoreboard?
Was that while you were running errands for the directors and volunteer staff?

Oh wait a minute, that's how I got wet.

Ear, put up or shut up.

You think that because you show up to games, park your flashy car wherever you want and just stand around watching the game that you have licence to criticise our volunteers. Why don't you gett off your big glutes and help this great club.