What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a Christmas gift?

Have I got an idea for you guys!

In the late eighties and early nineties, the Raiders dominated rugby league like no other side. 5 grand finals in eight seasons meant that the Green Machine was top of the league world.

In the late nineties, it was the bucking Broncos who had their shot at supremacy, winning five titles in the one decade. In the early part of this century, it was the Roosters who were the benchmark.

But for three amazing months, the Tigers turned the league world on its head - before fading into obscurity once again.

Re-live it all now on 'When we were kings: Three and a bit months of excellence' - the DVD!

wwwk.jpg

They were the illegitimate child born of two foundation clubs who hadn't won a title since decimal currency was in its infancy. After years of drug taking, anal probing and pink 'bitch' t-shirts, it was finally the era of the Tiger. One by one, genuinely good sides inexplicably fell by the wayside as the Tigers bandwagon gained momentum, culminating in the Steven Bradbury of all premiership victories. It was a great moment for both the bogans of campbelltown and inner-west yuppies of Balmain alike.

But rather than build a dynasty like great sides do, the Tigers returned to their natural state only one year later - being on holidays in September. But now you can relive those moments when the Tigers had a clue!

Special DVD features:

* 'How it all unravelled again' - the documentary
* Guest commentary by Steven Bradbury
* Interactive art - design a new shoulder sling for Benji!

AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!

Be quick though, these dvd's will last as long in the stores as Ryan O'Hara does on the football field!

Credits:

Producer and Writer - thickos
Publisher - IBG

Bench
Mock all you like,we won.
Your team hasn't looked like winning one for sometime,and it will be quite a long wait for further joy too.
I know who I'd rather put my cash on next year,and it ain't the Raiders.

bjm8

Juniors
Look out for the next title in the series, "Almost a Contender," the story of the post-1994 Canberra Raiders. Relive the post meninga, daley, stuart etc etc days where the 'green machine' managed to drag their sorry asses into the playoffs every now and then, only to be bundled out in week one time after time. Highlights package total running time- 7 minutes.

Balmain_Boy

So much bitterness can't be good enough for you.

I dout you can even remember all of the Raiders past glories. If you can you're too old to have enough time on your hands to write that spiel.

The funniest thing is your need to come in here and compare our feat with your past feats. f**king pathetic.

Bay56

First Grade
ha, great post IBG ... where did you get the idea to post it here ;-)

boyo some of these Tig fans cant take a joke :lol:

I like the shoulder sling for Benji extra ... little do these Tig fans know but without him they're an absolute f**king crap machine :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
So much bitterness can't be good enough for you.

I dout you can even remember all of the Raiders past glories. If you can you're too old to have enough time on your hands to write that spiel.

The funniest thing is your need to come in here and compare our feat with your past feats. f**king pathetic.

Funny Faiders fans, do you know they rate making the semis 7 times outta the last 9 years for a 100% loss rate as higher than a premiership.

Mighty Tiger said:
LOL

IBG have you tested any of the Benji sling designs?

Actually mate I'm glad you asked.

benjisling.jpg

Benji Marshall: Sponsored by Canberra Milk. 'If the calcium in our milk can't strengthen your bones, then nothing ever will!'

Bay56

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Indeed.

Lucky therefore he's signed up for this year and next.

huh, I reckon I'm goin to set up a shoulder surgery and sling making business in Campo .... should be able to retire by 2009 :lol:

Eddie.

Bench
pretty lame stuff.

to put that much effort in and be that unfunny is a bit worrying. I could of thought of heaps better material to bag off the tiges.

I could appreciate it if it was funny, but its just sad.

aids

Bench
to quote the maury povic show
"don't hate, appreciate"

i'm pretty sure we have averaged out more bogans and yuppies to games than the good folk of canberra for the past 4 years, and you've gone better than us in 3 of those.
and contribute more to the league than the canberra crims, in talent, turn out and media coverage.
and mathew chalk and number 7 can look forward to having their families menaced at the games by the green army when they decide to leave the club to get a bit more exposure.

good luck next year though

Bay56

First Grade
Estoboy said:
is it possible to report a mod?

yea do that dude .... and look like a real dickhead in the process

its a f**king joke man !!!... J O K E ... do they have those sorts of things down cambo way ..

have a good laugh at yourself and get on with life

Here's a go canberra internet f**king nerds. What about we have a little meet up before a game in a field somewhere not near the matchday stadium and have a little set to. No ? f**king thought not. Your firm of f**king nerds, inbreeds and geeks would get belted to f**k. Cyber warriors FC.

Latest posts