What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking forward to 2011 and beyond

Slackboy72

Coach
Just looking forward, here are the ages of the squad going in to 2011.

Darius Boyd 23
Brett Morris 24
Matt Cooper 31
Mark Gasnier 29
Jason Nightingale 24
Jamie Soward 25
Ben Hornby 30
Michael Weyman 26
Nathan Fien 31
Ben Creagh 25
Matt Prior 23
Dan Hunt 24
Beau Scott 26
Dean Young 26 (nearly 27)
Kyle Stanley 19
Trent Merrin 21
Jon Green 25
Peni Tagive 22
Daniel Penese 21

As you can see we are a relatively young squad still with only four players looking at retirement in the next few years. Are we going to complaining in 2017 that Nightingale isn't as fast as he used to be? I bloody hope so.

Last edited:

Benny

First Grade
Kyle Stanley is only 19 mate - he still has 1 more year in Toyota Cup to go!

Minh

First Grade
Hopefully we can hold onto these great young players, they will all be better players now that they have won a premiership ring as well.

OldMan Dragin'

Juniors
Slackboy72, your forgetting the 3yrs, being 2010 Premiers, will have taken off them, a new lease of life next year, just hope I'm around to enjoy it :)

Michael Weyman 26

Whenever I tell a non-Dragons supporter that Weyman is only 25/26, they can't believe it. hehe..

Will be interesting to see what Cooper does at the end of this year. Does he retire or go overseas? I don't think he'd ever play for another NRL team, and I'm not sure if the club would re-sign him with Stanley waiting in the wings (although if Cooper wants another year, he is certainly entitled to it).

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Herbert-family-guy-684449_1024_768.gif

clifford

Juniors
Can't we look behind at 2010 a little longer

mate i agree, 2011, guys we are the premiers well talk bout 2011 when it comes, 2011 is what all the other clubs supporters are talking about. ive got alotta mates up here sayin broncos next yr have a great team, next yr this and that and im sayin you can talk all ya want bout next yr but look at twenty10 boys, dragons all the way

RednWhite

Bench
Yep. That's what Souths fans are doing right now. Still going on about the glory days of being premiers in 1971.

big_steve

Juniors
if we can manage to keep this squad together for the next 3 to 4 yrs expect a couple of more premierships especially with wayne...i hope wayne stays on with us past 2011