What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking professional

Parra4eva

Juniors
I feel the Brisbane Bronco's are intentionally allowing former player Alfie Langer to abuse the guidelines of his current role as a assistant/runner.
He should have minimal impact on the field, only running on and off as needed when a injured player calls for assistance.
The way he simply stays on, wandering behind the play, for extended periods looks amateurish.
Surely, the Brisbane Bronco's are a professional team, they don't need Alfie's assistance beyond what every other team runner provides?
Alfie Langer's has been adusing his on field role for many season's and it has to stop.
C'mon Bronco's do the right thing here, reign in your waterboy's antics, treat the game with respect.

Wizardman

First Grade
I feel the Brisbane Bronco's are intentionally allowing former player Alfie Langer to abuse the guidelines of his current role as a assistant/runner.
He should have minimal impact on the field, only running on and off as needed when a injured player calls for assistance.
The way he simply stays on, wandering behind the play, for extended periods looks amateurish.
Surely, the Brisbane Bronco's are a professional team, they don't need Alfie's assistance beyond what every other team runner provides?
Alfie Langer's has been adusing his on field role for many season's and it has to stop.
C'mon Bronco's do the right thing here, reign in your waterboy's antics, treat the game with respect.
I think the trainer issue can be overplayed a bit...but there was one incident last night where he was definitely in in the way....should have been a Penrith penalty.

Is this really the time for this shit post? We've heard it all before, champ. Got anything else to complain about? Friday nights? Penalty Broncos? Super League? Broken record LU.

Showtime

Juniors
If you go through any game day thread there’s a lot of decent humour / trolling but none of it comes from the parra tards.

Parra4eva

Juniors
Abs
Is this really the time for this shit post? We've heard it all before, champ. Got anything else to complain about? Friday nights? Penalty Broncos? Super League? Broken record LU.
Absolutely, this is the right time, and have I complained about anything else?
I thought the '23 Grand Final day was splendid Rugby League, the two best teams of the season left nothing in their suitcase, great defence, scintillating attack and Cleary's final 24 mins remarkable, the referee a near perfect balance of allowing the game to flow and not blowing cheap penalties and then in amongst it all - Alfie Langer wandering around the field with no discernible purpose and actually getting in the way! Take off your biased glasses, and see the situation for what it is... if he wore a red nose and floppy shoes it would be appropriate because he acts like a Clown flaunting the rules. NONE of the other 16 teams in the NRL have runners acting this way, why should we just allow Langer a free pass?
And if you have heard this 'shit' before then it only shows I am not alone in voicing an opinion.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
NONE of the other 16 teams in the NRL have runners acting this way.
Complete garbage. Every team uses their runners as an on field attacking coach. The fact that you hold the above belief reflects quite poorly on your observational ability. In reality the biased view that it's only the Broncos comes from Langer being infinitely more recognisable on the field. If you do a simple search you'll find fans on these forums complaining about Toovey and Manly back when he was their runner, again due to his easily recognisable status.

Do better.

Parra4eva

Juniors
I take your point and do remember Toovey doing it over a decade ago, and I'm sure all clubs use rheir runners to their advantage, I'll also concede that often when players are huddled behind goal while the opposition is taking a kick, runners are there offering more than a squirt of water, but NONE are as blatant as Langer, next season I'll watch other teams more closely and try to get an average time on field by these guys, my instinct would be that Langer would spend easily double AND POSSIBLY TRIPPLE the time on field than his counterparts from other sides. And in recent seasons, I really don't recall other team runners staying on field wandering behind play like Alfie.
But two or more wrongs don't make it right. And I feel your argument falls over suggesting Langer is only doing what others are also doing... clearly on GF day the Penrith runners were not, as I took time to look- to see if they were. They attended to injured players and not much more. Clearly, I'm not a supporter of either side.
The answer isn't just allowing all teams to act this way. And it's no beat up, if Langer wasn't exploiting the situation there would be nothing to point to.

Latest posts