What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking to sign players!

Kells

Juniors
looks like we are on the look out for some backs for next yr:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25493235-5016540,00.html

"In pledging his future to the Broncos, he rejected advances from Melbourne, the Titans, Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra"

"The Storm sent a contract and were keen to fly me down to check the club out, but I wanted to stay here."

ALEX Glenn, bronco centre/wing who can play lock, rejected us and others to stay in brisbane - not too dissapointed as he is good but nothing amazing - but good to see we are out there looking around and trying to sign good players!

hope we can land some1!

AILD

Bench
well if the rumours are true we will be off-loading Zappa. I heard we are trying to also off-load some fringe 1st graders like brett anderson. We need to go for another izzy type wing/centre. Someone with size and strength who can jump.

Dan70

Juniors
I hope we keep Turner. Watching Tomane (who I think is/will be a great player) defending on the wing shows me how unappreciated the importance of Quinn and Zappa are to our defensive structure.

Hopefully getting rid of the likes of the Anderson's (Brett and Scott), Chambers, Guerra, Koopu and Manua will free up the necassary salary cap. In fact I heard somewhere that Scott Anderson is on a huge contract given how little he plays. Anyone able to shed some light on that?

LESStar58

Referee
With time Tomane will be a superstar. We ought to retain him as best we can. Unload Turner and put Isa and Joey into the three-quarters.

boots16

Juniors
In fact I heard somewhere that Scott Anderson is on a huge contract given how little he plays. Anyone able to shed some light on that?

If you look at it in isolation for season 2009 he is. Somewhere around $250K. This is really misleading though as he is on a back-ended 4 year deal. To assist with previous salary cap pressures and how they thought he would develop as he matured,the fourth year was heavily weighted. If you balance it out over the 4 years it is about right (maybe a little higher given his development) but takes a hit this year. Will definately help free up space for next year though as even if he stays on the list he will be on a reduced amount in comparison for 2010.

Dan70

Juniors
If you look at it in isolation for season 2009 he is. Somewhere around $250K. This is really misleading though as he is on a back-ended 4 year deal. To assist with previous salary cap pressures and how they thought he would develop as he matured,the fourth year was heavily weighted. If you balance it out over the 4 years it is about right (maybe a little higher given his development) but takes a hit this year. Will definately help free up space for next year though as even if he stays on the list he will be on a reduced amount in comparison for 2010.

Cool, thanks.