What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loose balls

Alan Shore

First Grade
Something which is really annoying. A ball will get knocked back, and your players are there but don't move to get it, and by the time you select that player the ball ahs been retrieved by the other team.

Another few incidents I've been really pissed at is when, defending on my line, I smash a guy in a two man tackle, and the ball goes backwards. While it's showing me replays of my good hit, an opposition player picks up the bloody ball and scores, but I can't do anything about it because replays are being shown!

TripleM

Juniors
I had something weird like that once, the opposition were attacking my line, I put in a big hit (think I injured him) but he got an offload away, ref blew his whistle and I stopped, then it cut back to the game instantly and let him just run over and put the ball down for a try..

Rustay

Juniors
Yeah i played a game against Wests and they scored four, i repeat four tries from loose balls. By the end of the game i was rather unimpressed.

The most annoying thing i find is the penalties for offside i get given against me. I mean sometimes it is definately offside, but others i just pick someone from the defensive line and they call them offside. There is nothing i can really do about it.

But despite that, i just cant stop playing.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Funny, on the first set of every game when i am playing an opponent better than me, i give away an offside penalty when they run it on the 5th.

Still, i'm lovin' it!

ghoti

Bench
TripleM said:
I had something weird like that once, the opposition were attacking my line, I put in a big hit (think I injured him) but he got an offload away, ref blew his whistle and I stopped, then it cut back to the game instantly and let him just run over and put the ball down for a try..

LMAO! That happened to my dad yesterday and he went right off! He was yellin and screamin it was friggin funny...I swear my TV recieved some intense mental damage...it was hilarious!

Goleel

Juniors
It's close to the most annoying bug/issue in the game, but nothing gets past going through hell to score tries with London on legend mode, only for Bradford to kick the ball out off the subsequent kickoff and score from the scrum. I can't believe the AI takes advantage of the games crap like that. A joke.

The more I play, the more annoying these bugs get, since every mistake hurts you when playing on the tough difficulties.

AdamH

Juniors
Some weird stuff has been happening on mine. Firstly one of my players get's injured so I replace him with a bench player. But for the remainder of the match he lies on the ground holding his knee. It was pretty funny. I tried to run on top of him but it was like he was invisible or something. :lol:

Something else that happened was on the fourth tackle the opposition sorta stuffed up and the ball was suspended in mid-air and all their players just stood still. So I grabbed at the ball a few times and eventually got it. The weird thing is that the referee said it was MY fifth tackle and I was bashed on my own line and they scored from the handover #-o

BTW Goleel, when a team scores against me I try to find touch from the kick-off all the time. My success rate with this tactic is amazing and it's saved my ass on so many occassions! :D

Erhan

Juniors
I think to win on the better levels you must try to go for touch every time. There have been times where the opponent keeps scoring and I keep kicking into touch and scoring off scrums, it's about the only way you can win on God level and sometimes legend.

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
what is annoying is the way in which the game freezes as well that annoys me, the passing is crap on the game, at times i feel scared to pass as it may bounce allover the palce or go into touch or something, but the way we cant pick up loose balls is bad too.

gman

Juniors
Not being able to pick up the loose balls is sooooo annoying! There are so many times where you pick up the loose ball and you can see the gap but then the ref blows his whistle for a scrum..aaarrgghhhh!

I think this games uses drop ball rules :lol: Be good if you could fight to win the scrums as well - but then again it is like the real game, how often is it won against the feed.

Rustay

Juniors
A weird thing happened on my game last night too. It was a handover (to me) and when i played the ball on the first, there was no1 from the opposition in front of me, they were all on the other side of the pitch. Easiest try you will score from 70 meters ever....i still lost though :(

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
More weird stuff.... On the last tackle say i run it up and get tackled and it says hand over, the ref blows his whistle and then the other team tackle me again and then the ball is handed over to the opposition and in the background in my defensive line my guy is laying on the ground from the tackle that happened 10 metres away.....

Does this happen to anyone else? :?

NPK

Bench
Yea that's weird...after play has stopped, sometimes they tackle the ball carrier again.

Goleel

Juniors
What's the fun in winning by kicking out all the time and only scoring from scrums? It's not how the game is meant to be played, its a whole lot more satisfying to not exploit the issues in the game and beat League God and Legend mode. I'm playing through an ESL comp in legend, sure its tough, but I don't use sprint from scrums or kick to touch off kickoffs unless the AI scores through something similar, and its great fun.

Latest posts