What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost For Words

DJDL

Bench
I seriously cannot remember a more insipid, heartless display of football from the Sharks than what we've seen dished up in the last month.

Yes we're down on troops, but at least they were having a dig under Bomber.
These guys are just going through the motions.

Fair enough the Club saw the need for a change of direction, but to derail the season 5 weeks in is just gobsmacking.
And the longer we wait to hear any news of signings, the more I can't help but think of Newman's selling the house analogy.

I really hope the decision makers are prepared to play the long game, because Lord knows it's a loooooong way up from here.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Careless
Underperforming
Negative
Triggered
Shambles

there is 5 more to describe their performance and overall attitude.

I seriously cannot remember a more insipid, heartless display of football from the Sharks than what we've seen dished up in the last month.

Yes we're down on troops, but at least they were having a dig under Bomber.
These guys are just going through the motions.

Fair enough the Club saw the need for a change of direction, but to derail the season 5 weeks in is just gobsmacking.
And the longer we wait to hear any news of signings, the more I can't help but think of Newman's selling the house analogy.

I really hope the decision makers are prepared to play the long game, because Lord knows it's a loooooong way up from here.
Like I said in the game day thread, if you had listened to the podcast with Riccio he says how the players were consulted to whether Morris should stay on this year and the players thought it best if he was moved on.
You can lay the blame at the club as much as you want, but maybe have a look and see that the players are not putting in, and after what they themselves thought best, letting Morris go now, and the club doing what the players thought best in letting him go, well then maybe direct your anger into other areas, not just management.

DJDL

Bench
Thanks Bubby. I wasn’t aware of that. I kept the f**k out of the game day thread and haven’t found the time to listen to the podcast yet. Interesting if true.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Turgid.
Insipid.
Diabolical.

This rot began the exact second Bomber was sacked. Whether or not he was/is a good coach is not the debate here, because clearly he had at least some coaching talent. But what he definitely had was this group of blokes playing for each other. Playing for him. And most importantly playing for the badge and it’s fans. At the moment we are a rudderless ship and we’re heading straight for the wooden spoon as it stands.

That said, the players now need to show some backbone and some pride in themselves. Instead they are showing no fight and determination. They simply don’t care anymore and that’s a complete farce considering that 60% of them are searching for a contract whether it be here or elsewhere next season. They’ve given up and that disgusting performance last night showed that.

They will still get paid at the end of the week and that’s all they’re in this for now.

Thanks Bubby. I wasn’t aware of that. I kept the f**k out of the game day thread and haven’t found the time to listen to the podcast yet. Interesting if true.
Yeah, it is essential listening mate. Like what has already been said, Riccio gives a lot clearer viewing about what has really gone on and is obviously not even letting in on more information that he has.

lolesi

First Grade
I might be going off a bit here but I personally don’t think things are ideal atm.

Bob Scott

Juniors
Hi , first time poster , posting from NZ , Sharks supporter for 35+ years , read this site for a while now but the last couple of weeks has me needing to vent a bit .
All the discriptions above for the performances are spot on but for me the thing that is lacking is the professionalism , i do believe some of these "players are paid" substantial amounts of money , so to not turn up and do your job is disgraceful , in most jobs i have had i would have been on a performance review .

Tiger Shark

Bench
Hi , first time poster , posting from NZ , Sharks supporter for 35+ years , read this site for a while now but the last couple of weeks has me needing to vent a bit .
All the discriptions above for the performances are spot on but for me the thing that is lacking is the professionalism , i do believe some of these "players are paid" substantial amounts of money , so to not turn up and do your job is disgraceful , in most jobs i have had i would have been on a performance review .

Welcome Bob.. if that’s your real name.

Well said. Players should take pride in their performance and strive to always put in. Not many of these players can say they’re doing that and yes Bomber going sucks but you’ve got a job to do.

If they were auditioning for a gig next year they’re doing a pretty bad job of showing they care.

Bob Scott

Juniors
Welcome Bob.. if that’s your real name.

Well said. Players should take pride in their performance and strive to always put in. Not many of these players can say they’re doing that and yes Bomber going sucks but you’ve got a job to do.

If they were auditioning for a gig next year they’re doing a pretty bad job of showing they care.

Cheers buddy , real name . That's what gives me the s#@ts , do your job , not just for yourself but the fans , who in most cases have more invested in the club than they have , plus i know i would play , if i could , for a damn sight less money but for a damn sight more love for the club and the game .
I just don't get this mind set " aw things are tough at the moment " , then step up , try harder , but no they look for the easy way out .

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Welcome Robert... you’re spot on they are sooking and it’s showing. Yet people are still blaming the board. Can’t wait for the clean out. Even wade is stinking the place up.

Craigshark

First Grade
Welcome Robert... you’re spot on they are sooking and it’s showing. Yet people are still blaming the board. Can’t wait for the clean out. Even wade is stinking the place up.

the sad thing is I don’t know if wade is sooking or if he just hasn’t got it anymore

Bob Scott

Juniors
the sad thing is I don’t know if wade is sooking or if he just hasn’t got it anymore
Yea , whatever it is he either has find it or step aside as captain , between him and Woods and Tolman , the seniors starting last night there was no steel or backbone , the young guys are struggling with the lack of on field leadership .