What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote's defence

Balnmo

Juniors
Lote Tuquiri may be very good in attack but when it comes to his defence I am not so sure. He has been found out of position over the last 4-5 weeks continually. teams get in behnd him every week leaving him scrambling in defence or letting in tries. He would be the worst winger in the league under the highball as well.

macnaz

Staff member
Perhaps, dumb fullbacks getting in the way doesnt help any. Anyway we are totaly f**ked up all across the park.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
I was one of Lote's biggest fans coming into this year.

He has been great in attack and started off at least not a liability in defence.

Last night was sh*t house. He missed several tackles that led to tries. My favourite was for the first one in the corner, where he actually looks like he got out of the way for the little bunny to scoot past.

He started off well, but I guess over time, the team culture of being sh*te in defence has worn him down..............

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Leichhardt Lote is struggling with the grind of NRL. Was unstoppable at the start of the season but his form has slowly deteriorated.

westie

Bench
Most of Lote's stuff ups come when Lawrence is infield. Has a nice combo with his centre and obviously has no idea what the next guys in like Lui are doing.

Bench
Most of Lote's stuff ups come when Lawrence is infield. Has a nice combo with his centre and obviously has no idea what the next guys in like Lui are doing.
No wonder he doesn't know what Lui is doing,even Lui doesn't know what Lui is doing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's doing the exact same thing he has always done in League and Union. Running in from his wing in defence and attack and taking far too long to move back out to the wing.

He and Sailor did it all the time. It's something Bennett coached into all his wingers.

If our forwards wrapped up the ball carrier better, as they were earlier in the season, then offloads wouldn't be getting away and he wouldn't find himself being caught out as much.

And if he stayed on his f**king wing, he would find he wouldn't have play running at him very much. Lets face it, the only time teams run at Lote's wing is when there's a sh*tload of space out there because he's been too f**king slow to get back into position.

westie

Bench
He and Lawrence both play pushing in. He has to follow. I like the system, as long as McKinnon is back to race the winger to the corner if it goes poorly.