What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love the jets website , but !?

2 True Blues

Coach
Love the jets website setup but someone seems to think that KB beer is not a very good marketin tool it would appear.

VB seems to be one though. ?

From the jets website :

" Game day at Henson Park is real rugby league: VB Beer, Garlo's Pies , Sausage and steak sizzle, children kick the ball around the HILL, Players acknowledging supporters after the games. A great AND inexpensive way to spend at Saturday afternoon in the football season. "

Got to love the advert, and it's too true. But did anyone notice the absense of KB and that kids are not ADVERTISED PLAYING FOOTY AT HALF TIME ALL OVER THE new RE-SURFACED OVAL. Only on the hill now kids !!

;-) :lol: :lol:

outsider

Juniors
VB is really a token sponsor and as KB is also produced by CUB it should make no difference. Judging by the sales of KB it must outsell the others by 2 to 1 and is very popular in fact they ran out on the hill before half time as they did with bread for the steak sandwiches. I was told it was the same at the other kiosk as well but no shortage of VB. Henson is renowned as a KB ground. I would doubt that CUB would be disappointed given it is owned by the the same people.

2True Blues is right though they need to promote the players tradition of always going right to the fence to shake hands and thank the fans on the hill and the kids having a kick on the ground with their dads.

The website has been a huge improvement.

Greg.Everytime my kids had a beer in their hands i did what any responsible father would do.I SNATCHED IT OF THEM AND SKULLED IT.:lol:

Outsider.The tradition carries on.The players did go to the hill side and they shook hands with everybody that came down to the fence.:)

outsider

Juniors
Enmore, i know and it is great to see, it started I am told by Col Murphy when he was coach and is great to see it continue.
It is a selling point as is KB (when available) as is a kick on the ground these are areas that the Jets are able to offer that are not available by another other club except if you pay a 5k fine:) .

Finally the club is starting to get the site together but it is still under used.

It is also terrific that you do the decent thing and take those beers from the kids and show them how to drink safely.

outsider said:
VB is really a token sponsor and as KB is also produced by CUB it should make no difference. Judging by the sales of KB it must outsell the others by 2 to 1 and is very popular in fact they ran out on the hill before half time as they did with bread for the steak sandwiches. I was told it was the same at the other kiosk as well but no shortage of VB. Henson is renowned as a KB ground. I would doubt that CUB would be disappointed given it is owned by the the same people.

2True Blues is right though they need to promote the players tradition of always going right to the fence to shake hands and thank the fans on the hill and the kids having a kick on the ground with their dads.

Well there is a thing called economies of scale. VB achieves that because of the national demand for its product. The more you make the cheaper the per unit cost, the higher per unit profit. The second thing is marketing. Whilst VB is a mature product, KB is considered a product in decline of its product lifecycle. No one spends marketing $ on a product in decline.

Having said that they both taste like piss, but I prefer the flavour KB's nostalgia delivers.

Starting selling Coopers at Henson!

Henson Park Hornets said:
Bugger the Coopers (that's for yuppies), bring back the Silver Bullets (Reschs cans) at Henson!

I second that. Although I don't think I'll get back for a game this season, I know loads of folks who watch from the hill who are Resch's drinkers.

If I can get Resch's in Shanghai, why can't I buy it at Henson Park?

outsider

Juniors
Die-Hard p/t Jet Fan said:
Well there is a thing called economies of scale. VB achieves that because of the national demand for its product. The more you make the cheaper the per unit cost, the higher per unit profit. The second thing is marketing. Whilst VB is a mature product, KB is considered a product in decline of its product lifecycle. No one spends marketing $ on a product in decline.

Having said that they both taste like piss, but I prefer the flavour KB's nostalgia delivers.

Starting selling Coopers at Henson!

While what you speak of is correct in regard to product size and demand, a declining product in cost and profitability is simply pulled or rebranded and when KB was originally rebranded it virtually killed the brand completely and so know it just hangs on but it does sell and does make CUB a profit albeit a small one.
In the FMCG industry which beer is they have a brand manager who has a budget to market beer into its desired market group. FMCG businesses want all their brands to sell and would prefer KB to exist to cater for a market than to lose to another non CUB brand that is why it still exists as if you pull it off as it does not sell as much as VB they cannot guarantee that the market share will stay wihin the group and may be lost to another brewery and it is market share overall they care about.

outsider said:
While what you speak of is correct in regard to product size and demand, a declining product in cost and profitability is simply pulled or rebranded and when KB was originally rebranded it virtually killed the brand completely and so know it just hangs on but it does sell and does make CUB a profit albeit a small one.
In the FMCG industry which beer is they have a brand manager who has a budget to market beer into its desired market group. FMCG businesses want all their brands to sell and would prefer KB to exist to cater for a market than to lose to another non CUB brand that is why it still exists as if you pull it off as it does not sell as much as VB they cannot guarantee that the market share will stay wihin the group and may be lost to another brewery and it is market share overall they care about.

VB sells more than KB so its brand manager gets more than the KB manager. Not arguing that they aren't making a profit or that they don't value it in their product portfolio, simply that they aren't going to flog it in the way the flogs VB as that would make it unprofitable. Can't see much differentiation in product, albeit the nostaglia value of KB, so even though they are owned by the same company they do compete with one another. Marketing dudes have to justify their jobs somehow :lol:

Anyway tell me more about the rebranding of KB, and its subsequent decline. I remember it being around as a kid, what happened?

2 True Blues

Coach
outsider said:

Apparently there were a lot of supporters waiting for the jets to come off the ground after the wests match on the stadium side, however they did their warm down stretches centre field , but am sure once the crowd gets to know the new players better things will be all good. The crowd only usually warms up at Henson when the jets are bein put under pressure in a close game and that is when they get vocal. This is yet to happen thus far this season I suppose.

Think more fans approach the players on the hill side fences after a close game too.

The new website is great isn't it. !!l

2 True Blues

Coach
outsider said:
in fact they ran out on the hill before half time as they did with bread for the steak sandwiches. I was told it was the same at the other kiosk as well but no shortage of VB. Henson is renowned as a KB ground. I would doubt that CUB would be disappointed given it is owned by the the same people.

Thats a shame if they are running out. Must have missed some potential revenue there:? , but to have ran out in the first place must have meant a killing in kiosk sales. Great to see, but hopefully more bread next time hey BB43. ;-)

outsider

Juniors
they had meat left at the top Kiosk just no bread but they had [lenty down at the bottom one so we had to head there to get a bite. They just didn't take enough up the top or KB either. They took unused meat back over.

outsider

Juniors
Die-Hard p/t Jet Fan said:
VB sells more than KB so its brand manager gets more than the KB manager. Not arguing that they aren't making a profit or that they don't value it in their product portfolio, simply that they aren't going to flog it in the way the flogs VB as that would make it unprofitable. Can't see much differentiation in product, albeit the nostaglia value of KB, so even though they are owned by the same company they do compete with one another. Marketing dudes have to justify their jobs somehow :lol:

Anyway tell me more about the rebranding of KB, and its subsequent decline. I remember it being around as a kid, what happened?

KB was a major brand and like everything else the marketing heads decided to change to update. It however ended up looking similar to XXXX and the regulars then stopped buying it virtually killing it off. The beer was the same but not the can and people then saw it as drinking XXXX.

It is used nowdays as an example of how not to rebrand and when Winfield changed their packaging they spent over 5 million dollars and the changes were hardly noticable but were modernised.
VB do not contribute a lot of money at all to this competition it is more or less a bonus for their sponsorship of the NRL. They give no support at any game that I have seen unlike Jim Beam, no promotional staff, nothing so do not think because they have naming rights that they are major contributors.