What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loyal support

stumped

Juniors
Can somebody, anybody shed some light on the supporter who is willing to preach the good will ?

He is the guy who, and I'll Quote,

"I've told them guys who run that club, that Sean Fagan should be taken to task for his ill informed knowledge of rugby league history"

to the best of my knowledge Mr Fagan has many books published relating to the history of Rugby League in Australia, as for this guy, mate, I take my hate off too you, who ever you may be, however, one small tip, wear some socks, you look like a goose and had more people commenting on you poor choice of dress than your gung-ho tirade about what "those guys" should be doing.

The loyal support the Jets maintain surely must be all that is needed when it comes to the club and the proud history that surround it.

Fighting a battle of words over who was or wasn't the first team formed is mighty petty in my eyes, at the end of the day, Newtown RLFC was formed in 1908 and have had some form of association with Rugby League since that date.

outsider

Juniors
If a supporter said they are entitled too but are you implying it was not a supporter but rather someone from the club.

I believe that as the club has the original minutes signed and dated and Glebe has a news article then you would have to take the original minutes as being correct. Any legal people here that could confirm what would stand up legally?

At the end of the day if people debate this issue then they are talking about you so that can't be too bad, can it!

brendothejet

First Grade
as i've said in a different thread, 100 years ago, the Newtown Rugby League Club was formed.

Case Closed.

stumped

Juniors
brendothejet said:
as i've said in a different thread, 100 years ago, the Newtown Rugby League Club was formed.

Case Closed.

well excuse me, you almighty pain in the arse. last I looked this is an open forum and points of view are (should be) welcome.

I also state that fact in my post, perhaps you and some other outspoken dim wits on this forum lighten up and discus footy, more so, the Jets.

what was good to hear was Teddy Rowlly? state on 2sm radio today he (Newtown Jets) was going to spend the money raised at the club's season launch to have passes printed for the school kids in the area and have some of the Jets players handing them out.

great work, good forward thinking and a positive start too the year.

brendothejet

First Grade
stumped said:
well excuse me, you almighty pain in the arse. last I looked this is an open forum and points of view are (should be) welcome.

I also state that fact in my post, perhaps you and some other outspoken dim wits on this forum lighten up and discus footy, more so, the Jets.

what was good to hear was Teddy Rowlly? state on 2sm radio today he (Newtown Jets) was going to spend the money raised at the club's season launch to have passes printed for the school kids in the area and have some of the Jets players handing them out.

great work, good forward thinking and a positive start too the year.

I was agreeing with you, idiot.

Yes it is good to see the Jets players handing out passes to students. I've always thought you've got around 200 kids around the area in local primary/secondary schools. 95 percent locals and I'm sure most of them follow a footy team. Get em in the ground. get em buying a hot dog, coke and a flag and we're set.

2 True Blues

Coach
They would come back once they knew what a good day it is too mate. sounds like a great idea. I recall in year 2005 volunters were walking around the hill during the sharks home game ( first game of 2005 ), giving out free tickets to henson to the people at that game ( whom were mostly sharks fans ). I ended up with about 20 tickets that day as they were littered around shark Park afterwards. Ended up giving them to some mates etc as I already had a season pass anyway.

Though the school idea is a good one. "Most" shark fans don't seem to follow their reserve grade anyway from what we all saw in 2005. This is an idea however that may work better.

I don't know about 2004 - present, but from 2000 - 2003 the club did an annual schoolchild pass distribution - one pass went to every primary and secondary school student in the area.

The kids also were able to use a tear-off on the pass to enter a draw at Marrickville Metro for a big prize (which varied from year to year). This also meant that the club and Metro could get some non-specific demographic info (suburbs they were from, school they attended, etc, etc) on the kids and their families.

It should probably be revived nowadays - but this time with a web-based entry system for the competition/prize draw on the Jets' site. Then (with an "opt-in" system), we could e-mail the kids club news and info re game days, etc. Also we could push special family ground entry / merchandise deals, let them know about the Junior Jets - all that kind of deal.