What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Elites Auction League

Monk

Referee
Well I guess that makes 12. Ill Suss out between NFL.com and ESPN tonight and list the pro's and cons in this thread.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Awesome. Looking forward to it fellas!

And dont be fooled by the whole Browns fan thing. Im more Otto Graham than i am Colt McCoy.

kurt faulk

Coach

hey monk, check out which one allows the earliest drafting time. i'm guessing we're gonna have the draft on a weeknight?

Monk

Referee
Yeh I definitely will. I just finished work and am off to soccer now, so as soon as I get home I'll be researching like a nut!

Monk

Referee
Okay so here it is, NFL's Live Drafts open up on the 16th of July, ESPN's on the 17th of July. So there's a good month and a bit till we could actually draft at all (unless we somehow manage to do an offline draft). I had a look at CBS and they havn't even opened up their 2012 fantasy season yet so I can't see any of the customisation tools or if they even have auction leagues at all! So yeh back to NFL and ESPN, they are pretty much exactly the same, i shit you not. I spent a good hour and a bit comparing all of the key parts, and they are both fantastic. Awesome customisation and it's all amazingly in depth. If this were an IDP League, i'd probably give a slight edge to ESPN as it allows more defensive positions (ie. CB and S, rather then just classifying it as a DB, though there is an option for DB should you want one). But it's not, so that makes that bit moot.

Both sites tick all the boxes and more, but i'd probably give the edge to NFL.com. Only because they have a tiny bit more customisation for the live draft itself. Such as changing the nomination time, and Bid Time an little things like that. They also have Waiver Budgets and cool things to further distinguish the league from our regular ones.

Just my two cents'. If you guys want to check the leagues out for themselves you are more then welcome to. You may spot something I have missed.

Monk

Referee
Haha of course not, did you get the PM i resent?

Also - let's get some logo's cranking guys! My team is the only one with a logo!

zombie jesus

Staff member
DinoRidersLogo1.jpg

Valorian Dino-Riders are ready to go.