What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU - Team of the week

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm assuming that Delaney was the only Parra player in the team?

if so they must have been watching a different game how Hayne not only missed the team of the week but also didn't even get a point in the LU player of the year is beyond me.

Hurriflatch

Referee
don't get me wrong Delaney had a solid game but there were a lot ofd better players out on the field.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah that's a good description of Delaney, solid if unspectacular....must have been a dry week for centres. How Hayne didn't get a mention is mind boggling....

James_Hardie

Juniors
Bazal said:
Yeah that's a good description of Delaney, solid if unspectacular....must have been a dry week for centres. How Hayne didn't get a mention is mind boggling....

Well the people who make up that team are no bigger experts on the game than you or I.

I am sure Brett Delaney won't be printing off a copy and sliding it into his resume. Not worth anything really...

sooperdooper

First Grade
there description is correct solid not spectacular
but let me repeat myself watch this kid bloom... he has not bloomed yet but he will

Utey

Coach
sooperdooper said:
there description is correct solid not spectacular
but let me repeat myself watch this kid bloom... he has not bloomed yet but he will

waiting...

sooperdooper

First Grade
<UPtheEELS> said:
waiting...

im still waiting for alot of players to stand up this year as well
but your totally being unfair
but as i said just remember i said that whether he is with us next year or not watch him improve when he plays with a team who are playing well

Utey

Coach
he should have taken this opportunity of Benny not playing by the balls and given it his all, he looks very lucklustre at the best of times. Simply too slow to be playing in the centres, his trial at 5/8 was poor and he doesnt run straight enough/or have the attacking ability at nrl to be a half descent lock.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I've never seen him beat anyone yet

Hayne on the other hand.........

yy_cheng

Coach
He should know his time in 1st grade is up as Benny is looming around the corner. He should go out, show some more initiative and try and play out of his skin. He plays a safe game but he should look at how Jarryd takes his opportunities. If he doesn't succeed, he's bound to find a contract elsewhere, if he does, he will become more confident and possibly get over that roadblock that is stifling his talent.

If at the moment he and parra cannot settle on the monetary terms of his contract, it's because he hasn't shown enough to warrant more.

NOW IS THE TIME BRETT.

sooperdooper

First Grade
<UPtheEELS> said:
he should have taken this opportunity of Benny not playing by the balls and given it his all, he looks very lucklustre at the best of times. Simply too slow to be playing in the centres, his trial at 5/8 was poor and he doesnt run straight enough/or have the attacking ability at nrl to be a half descent lock.
he hasnt played lock at an NRL level so how can you claim that?
morrisson is our current lock does he run straight?

sooperdooper

First Grade
yy_cheng said:
He should know his time in 1st grade is up as Benny is looming around the corner. He should go out, show some more initiative and try and play out of his skin. He plays a safe game but he should look at how Jarryd takes his opportunities. If he doesn't succeed, he's bound to find a contract elsewhere, if he does, he will become more confident and possibly get over that roadblock that is stifling his talent.

If at the moment he and parra cannot settle on the monetary terms of his contract, it's because he hasn't shown enough to warrant more.

NOW IS THE TIME BRETT.

good post, i think you may agree with me he has the talent. Jarrod has done well, very well. However Brett is the sort of centre who needs great ball from his team and the fowards doing well..... he isnt a tahu who can do anything

Freak2

Juniors
SD - I agree Froggy is capable of being a great player.

We all saw it last year in prems where he was a standout.

Always appears to be slow and not trying which confuses me. Would love to see his true form once again as I am sure some people will have egg on their face. BTW - Hagan's a fan!!