What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lui

R2Coupe

Juniors
Yes, if you read one of my posts (I think it is thread No 45 about sacking Sheens) I support Jones replacing Sheens at the end of 2011. Jones is the NYC coach for a reason. Logically, you would believe Sheens had input into his appointment considering they would work closely in their roles?

Sheens never had the full cap to spend on players until 2010, yet we assembled a competitive squad and won the competition. Further, Sheens recognised the strength and future of the club was through its juniors. Weststigers could not compete financially with the wealthier clubs to buy names. However, this would mean little if we produced juniors simply to be poached by other clubs. Therefore, part of the salary cap (already less than the cap) was allocated to retaining our best juniors for the future. Aaron Woods has been retained due to Sheens' planning. In addition, we still managed to purchase Ellis and Tuquiri.

Warren McDonnell is doing a fine job as recruitment officer. Lui, Billy Kitt and Joel Jackson are among some of his recruits. All have potential. I also read the Tigers have signed a young lock from Logan Souths Club who is considered one of QLDs brightests prospects. You may have also read about a young player from Waikato named Tyson Te Koi (16yrs old, 191cm, 105kg) who is now at Keebra. Apparently a second row forward with huge potential and part of the Keebra and Weststigers program. Why do you think the Broncos, Titans and Roosters are sniffing around Keebra Park? Because Sheens' development blueprint works so well.

If a change of coach is to occur, let it happen at the end of 2011 with the coach coming from within Weststigers. Why? Because the coach is familiar with the Club, playing style, players, development program, recruitment systems and budget. Promotion from within with both players and coaching staff is efficient and sustainable

Vic Mackey

Referee
im happy to be corrected if im wrong, however i do belive the keebra park alliance was set up before sheens arrived here

macnaz

Staff member
Was anyone here aware that Arthur Beetson is working for weststigers as a talent scout? He mentioned it during an interview on abc granstand.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
On Lui. He played well. Setup 2 tries. That last one and the one he put Benji through. His defence was solid. There was a time in the game where I think Flannagan had a goe at him for a bad ball. That was bullsheet. He should have caught that ball and he should not have carried on like a gala.

On Sheens and McDonnell...how many rejects have they bought through the years. The bad outweighs the good. Kudos to them ? Not warrented in my eyes.

b.bear

Juniors
The kid did well last friday will get better with every game especially his combination with the other nyc up and comers, very calm character which I think we need considering our tendancy to panic when things dont go our way and he has a more structured game very solid and will compliment benji and robbie more in the long run ,imo....

R2Coupe

Juniors
Keebra park has been affiliated with the tigers since 2002 i believe... One year before Sheen rocked up.

Are you sure?

Program Graduates record

1994 Chris Sinclair (Balmain)

2003 Benji Marshall (Weststigers)

If there was a program in 2002, who were the graduates as the School doesn’t believe they are worth recording?

R2Coupe

Juniors
R Lui demonstrated a little of his immense talent last night. His passing, the bomb and most importantly, his desire to be there to maks sure a movement didn't breakdown was first class. His one on one defence also shone last night.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Congrats to the young man in the Wests no. 7 jumper last night, he did well. Still we saw Marshall playing too much first receiver. When is teflon going to understand that Marshall has to play second reciever. We just looked so much better when he did.

R2Coupe

Juniors
With the Bullogs reportedly offering the Manly half big bucks, Orford at 32 wanting another run in the NRL, and Barrett being considered good enough for Origin, it is good to know the Tigers have Lui.

Says a lot about the shortage of quality halves in the NRL and the recruitment of WTs.

b.bear

Juniors
The best way to do this is actually go to traing and tell Tim what you think of him rather than hide here and post this dribble :crazy:

c'mon fitzy tims going to very jealous about the way your stalking fasteddie get back to training the house down;-);-);-)

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
With the Bullogs reportedly offering the Manly half big bucks, Orford at 32 wanting another run in the NRL, and Barrett being considered good enough for Origin, it is good to know the Tigers have Lui.

Says a lot about the shortage of quality halves in the NRL and the recruitment of WTs.

Thanks Warren.

Can you stop coming on here and talking up how good the WT recruitment are. f**k me.

Lui the kid did well again.

Last edited:

R2Coupe

Juniors
Thanks Warren.

Can you stop coming on here and talking up how good the WT recruitment are. f**k me.

Lui the kid did well again.

Imagine having the audacity to express support for your team and club on a WT discssions forum.

I guess the irony is lost on you.

I suspect anything other than giving verbal bjs is a challenge for you.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Imagine having the audacity to express support for your team and club on a WT discssions forum.

I guess the irony is lost on you.

I suspect anything other than giving verbal bjs is a challenge for you.

I must've missed the sarcasm (if there was any). I apologise.

Let's move on.

Latest posts