What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Bailey is back!!! Saints v Bulldogs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Friday 31st August
DRAGONS vs BULLDOGS at the Sydney Football Stadium - 7:30pm
Referee - P Simpkins
Touch Judges - A Foster / A Fallah
Video Referee - I Parnaby

1. Amos ROBERTS
2. Nathan BLACKLOCK
3. Mark GASNIER
4. Paul McGREGOR
5. Matt COOPER
6. Trent BARRETT (c)
7. Jason HOOPER
8. Chris LEIKVOLL
9. Mark RIDDELL
10. Jason RYLES
11. Darren TREACY
12. Andrew HART
13. Wayne BARTRIM
14. Craig STAPLETON
15. Luke BAILEY
16. Ben HORNBY
17. Jamie FITZGERALD

Luke Bailey suffered a 'season' injury with a torn pectoral muscle very early in the year. He played last week in 1st Division. His return couldn't come at a better time with Saints losing Lance Thompson and Colin Ward through injury and Craig Smith through skull duggery.

Don't know the Bulldogs team yet but a notable ommission will be pivot, Brent Sherwin who is suspended.

A win by Saints will see them in with a chance of holding 5th position.

MY TIP: SAINTS BY 13

Gosh, there's a strange smell in here................................o god no, I've tracked in more of that dogs**t - must have happened acrosit when I was at their place to get their team. Bloody musty smell there too, probably a few 'cats' as well.
(Actually their site wasn't upto date - like their style)
But here it is, no Britt, no Reardon (both being 'rested')
I reckon after the poor showing and their nothing to lose position we are good for 12 + win, now for the big tip for the week - Roosters over Parramatta !Luke Patten
Hazem El Masri Nigel Vagana Willie Talau Shane Marteene Braith Anasta Darrell Trindall Paul Rauhihi Craig Polla-Mounter Steven Price Jamie Feeney Willie Mason Darren Smith Interchange Dennis Scott http://communities.ninemsn.com.au/s2001/players/team2/playerid204.asp Glen Hughes Barry Ward Adam Peek Corey Hughes

I'm fairly confident that we can take the Bulldogs this week. I was worried about their forward strength but with Britt out and Bailey in we can match them.
My only concern is if we win and then finish 7th, we'll have to play them with Britt, Reardon and Sherwin all back in the team and firing. This would make them a much harder proposition especially coming of a loss.
But first we've got to beat them.....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well one week at a time.
I see that head butter Talau is still there as well as that head hunter Steven Price.
Poor ol' bottom lip Luke... watch him have a stumbling good time this Friday.
Should be beaut.

Willow,
I just saw your list of the Dragon's that will just about be put to sleep this weekend. I'm wondering though, where's the Dragons 'glamour-thug' Jamie Ainscough this weekend?
Cheers mate. :)
Go 'Doggies.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't know what happened to our outstanding representative winger this week.
Ainscough must be injured.
But his replacement, Matt Cooper has been in tremendous form in our all conquering 1st Division side and he put in a good show last Sunday.
I wouldn't worry to much about activities out wide if I were you. It's what's coming head on that'll make your little booties shake..
emsmilep.gif

imported_Jackal

Juniors
I had some friends over this evening who just left half-an-hour ago (don't you just hate people who don't know when to leave?), and we were talking Rugby League .. much to the dissapointment of the women.
Two of the friends were Dragons supporters, and they were saying that Ainscough's omission this week was anything from a bruisedrib injury, hamstring cramp to a pulled lower back muscle .. all conflicting reports.
I don't know what to believe considering a friend at Uni, also a Saints fan, told me just today that he heard from a good source that it was due to a calf muscle injury.
Flick a coin I guess.

I'm also hearing different reports to why Ainsy is missing this weekend, along with the idea that he's been dropped.
I tend to believe that he injured myself.
Anyone know why CH9 have decided to replay the game at 9.00pm?
Cheers - Aaron C.

M

Macca

I have it on good word, that Ainsy was having trouble breathing after the game last week (so I would guess Ribs, Chest, or Back) But don't worry he will be back for the semi's!!! (minus a penalty try this time round)

Pity it was his last Home game as a Dragon, and we did have a nice farewell planned for him!!!

oh well, it will have to be at Stadium Australia now!!!!

Dr@gons Man

Juniors
emsmile.gif
emsmile.gif

Dragons should win. But then again so they should of last week!
The Dogs recent form has been down about 598% SO GO THE RED N WHITE!!

We are lucky that the Bull has managed to recover from his injury. With Riddell pulling out with a knee injury we will have 4 top class forwards on the sidelines. We have a monster starting pack however, with Stapelton likely to start at lock and Barto at hooker.
I hope that Rod Silva is marking up on Tingha, Blacklock should be able to run rings around him.
My prediction is Saints by 8 in a battle.