What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks is ready for City Country clash!!

bellyache

Bench
I want to see Luke play City - Country in 014, Luke is the answer to NSW Dominance beyond 014.. Dudes got it all in spades, Give Luke a shot?

mepelthwack

Juniors
It's probably a little early in his development but I'd support it either way. For certain he will rep in the future.

Diesel

Referee
Good on him if he can make the squad this early into his career.

Slightly OT, but I thought the CvC was getting scrapped for this year after the decline in support for this match

pHyR3

Juniors
His long kicking and bombs have been really good, something the club has missed since just probably 2010/11 when lui and marshall were doing okay.

but his defence WILL be exposed in SOO this early and maybe even next year. He has the potential to be a very good defender though, like JT or something. Just needs to put on a few more kilos, get the positioning a bit better and go in a touch lower.

Also, his options near the line for passing and chips can be a bit suspect but they'll get there. just getting used to that extra 1 second of thinking time being gone in FG rather than NYC.

oldmancraigy

Coach
His long kicking and bombs have been really good, something the club has missed since just probably 2010/11 when lui and marshall were doing okay.

but his defence WILL be exposed in SOO this early and maybe even next year. He has the potential to be a very good defender though, like JT or something. Just needs to put on a few more kilos, get the positioning a bit better and go in a touch lower.

Also, his options near the line for passing and chips can be a bit suspect but they'll get there. just getting used to that extra 1 second of thinking time being gone in FG rather than NYC.

JT is a horrid defender. But makes up for his lack by trying exceptionally hard - rushes, plays cover defence etc etc.

ek999

First Grade
Pearce, Hodkinson, A Reynolds, Wallace would all be ahead of him. He has only played a handful of games and is yet to prove he can lead a side around the park. And he can't defend. No doubt he will be in contention in a couple of years but he is no where near ready yet

ouwet

Bench
Pearce, Hodkinson, A Reynolds, Wallace would all be ahead of him. He has only played a handful of games and is yet to prove he can lead a side around the park. And he can't defend. No doubt he will be in contention in a couple of years but he is no where near ready yet

Have to agree with all that...

betcats

Referee
Yeah leave Brooks out this year, CvC next year to see where he is at and then origin 2016 is when we really should be looking to get him into the blues side, I don't wanna Jarrod Mullen the kid.

betcats

Referee

Who is Albert Kelly eligible for? He was born in northern NSW I think but he went to Patrician brothers and was a Parra junior.

ek999

First Grade
Who is Albert Kelly eligible for? He was born in northern NSW I think but he went to Patrician brothers and was a Parra junior.

I thought Country because of where he was born. If he is eligible for City then he would be ahead of Brooks too

ek999

First Grade
Also Aidan Sezer (even though he plays 5/8 for Gold Coast) would be a better option over Brooks

betcats

Referee
I thought Country because of where he was born. If he is eligible for City then he would be ahead of Brooks too

Yeah my mistake it is country, just saw an article with Barret talking him up for selection, can't post links on my phone.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Too early

His defence is hit and miss, he has good and bad games. His defence against the dragons was disgraceful but then he backed it up against the titans with Dave Taylor running at him and didn't miss him once. Same with the cowboys, he managed Tariq sims easily.

But yeah there are other halfbacks who would be ahead of him at this stage