What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt

Eels Dude

Coach
Burt is a very good attacking winger and fullback. We only need to look back at the first few games this season to see what he is capable of. I don't think it's fair to critcize him at all for his form, there are a number of players (+ coach) who should be singled out before Burt is. The guy tries hard every week and is playing out of position and being let down by poor playmaking. Saying he is not first grade quality is rubbish, If he I had to choose 5 current players in Parramatta to keep, he'd definately be one of them.

Burt is shit thats all I can say. He is a speed hump in defence and he can't break tackle if his life depended on it.

_goParra

Juniors
fish eel said:
i stand corrected on the try scoring front. Think i must have misread the score sheet and i didn't get to see the game unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately). Either way, his kicking has been average at best and that's not good enough. What about Thorman as a kicker?

I think Burty kicks OK. His two misses were from out wide, ie the final try scored by Grothe

his kicking is definitely sub standard, he kicks at 60% compared to el masri-89%, de vere 85%

anybody can kick from in front, its the difficult ones he needs to nail. We would have definitely won either of our last two games if he had kicked well.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
_goParra said:
fish eel said:
i stand corrected on the try scoring front. Think i must have misread the score sheet and i didn't get to see the game unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately). Either way, his kicking has been average at best and that's not good enough. What about Thorman as a kicker?

I think Burty kicks OK. His two misses were from out wide, ie the final try scored by Grothe

his kicking is definitely sub standard, he kicks at 60% compared to el masri-89%, de vere 85%

anybody can kick from in front, its the difficult ones he needs to nail. We would have definitely won either of our last two games if he had kicked well.
It snot the goalkicks that are the problem. Its the hearts of 16 of our players!!

yy_cheng

Coach
I agree that our backline can't do much with our current game plan. Although Burty is out of posn and a little down on confidence, he should be given a run in Peterson's spot to prove his worth.

I'm a Cayless fan but do you think it's also our on field leadership? He is more a leader by example and when he is off the field, I have no faith in Wagon or Vella as acting captain.

We need a Ray Price type who would fire up our players with words as well as by leading by example.

We need a captain or someone who can get into our guys on the field and not in the dressing room at half time.

Webster has the mouth but probably not the Seniority. We're like a bunch of school kids playing under a Head Master.

Funny enough, Smith used to be a teacher.

Redback71

First Grade
:twisted: :evil: :x :twisted: :evil: stop bagging our guys you usless bunch of shit heads sure they may have there off days and not play well buts thats not ok.

i am a bs fan and in most cases a coach cant be blamed for the on feild performance of the team, in this case i must say the reason we lost on the weekend was hes fault like why on hell did he put one of our best in morris on the bench for most of the first hallf. where down 20 zip morris comes sets up a try and we win the 2nd half (once again) 20 - 4 but winning 2nd halves does not cut it when we loose the game.

my faith in bs is starting to where thin.

im mightly pissed off with the performance of our guys just as much as you guys especially when if we had won the last 2 weeks we would be in 2nd possie on the table right now.

but put our guys down in that fashion just dosent cut it.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Everyone has been way to hard on Burt here!!

I mean i'd take Burt over Peterson any day!!!.

Burt is being played out of position, that's all it is!!, he's a fine attacking player who like most smaller men find it harder to tackle, i've seen Burt put on better hits & make better try saving tackles then bloody dildo Peterson.

I bet no one was happy last year when he broke his collarbone!

Kids these days :roll: , and i thought Solomona was the biggest scapegoat?

i reckon he needs to play wing as well. choose between him and petersen, and drop the other to reserve grade. play mateo (for thelove of God!) and then we only have one more centre to worry about, lol.

soleilbleu

Juniors
Eels Dude said:
Burt is a very good attacking winger and fullback. We only need to look back at the first few games this season to see what he is capable of. I don't think it's fair to critcize him at all for his form, there are a number of players (+ coach) who should be singled out before Burt is. The guy tries hard every week and is playing out of position and being let down by poor playmaking. Saying he is not first grade quality is rubbish, If he I had to choose 5 current players in Parramatta to keep, he'd definately be one of them.

I agree with you, Eels Dude. I had an epistle to post, but it mirrored your thoughts exactly. He is definitely a talent, but is not being given the opportunity to show it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Have a look at the FRF Eels Player of the year.

Lukey is 3rd on 44 points, voted by us.

Yet some ppl think he should not play First Grade.

Strange that.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Milhouse Van Outen said:
Yeah I agree I was harsh- it just p's me off that this guy gets so many chances- when guys with more obvious talent...i.e Scott Donald are no longer with us. I know who i'd have on my wing between those two. Donald would have scored more tries in 3 seasons than Burt has in his whole career. Who gives a stuff about his form as a junior- his form in first grade has been atrocious bar one or two games since he started way back in 1999.

I felt sorry for Scott Donald that he had to play in PL g/f back in 2001,He was our best winger all year but as soon as the coaches pretty boy Burt came back from injury he was pretty much straight back into the side.

Donald was totally robbed in 2001,He should of being playing 1st grade,Burt's a good player but Donald is better.

mountain_eels

Juniors
hey wats all of your problem with burt. last year you were all like nearly in tears cause he was injured and saying that it was a huge blow for the club and now your all sayin that he doesnt even deserve a spot in the team...well its funny seeing as he's the third highest point scorer in the comp but doesnt deserve a spot? he's been played of position all season. first at fullback where he was getting gradually better each week and then shifted into centre. he's a winger for gods sake. he cant break a tackle one on one cause he's too small but thats not his fault. he didnt just choose to be that size...he's a natural born winger.....and wats all of ur problem with peterson. all you do is say he's useless. he is one of the most consisten try scorer in our team. yeah we all know he's a near useless defender but hell theres only a couple of players in our team at the moment who can actually defend....your all just using some select few people as scapegoats. your all hypocritical. all of you were sayin that u would not accept seeing wade mckinnon playin in first grade but now that he's there your all singin his praise.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Luke is a winger, and he doesn't get much ball. we would miss him more then we would regret having him in. as Eel's Dude said, there are other people to look at before Burty.

Latest posts