What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Covell would have won us that game

bonstonker

Juniors
i don't care where viane is,as long as he is somewhere on the field intimidating the opposition in attack and defence. ;-)

i don't know how serious the sattler charge is,but maybe we will find out next week if covell is up to it.i sure hope so

SouthernTiger

Juniors
There is no evidence that we would have won with Covell. Hodgson missed two kicks, not three simon, and the last one was extremely tough. Covell, undoubtedly, has the ability to get those kicks but whether he would have done so cannot be shown by bald assertions. My side for next week, coincidentally

1. Hodgson
2. Moodie
3. Halatau
4. Elford
5. Duffy
6. Fitzhenry (he can stay there for now but if Kerr is playing well he deserves to be an option
7. prince (prefer him in the 6)
13. Sattler
12. O'Neill
11. Laffranchi
10. Skandalis
9. Farah (Mears was a disgrace last night)
8. Gibbs

14. Galea
15. Lima
16. Heigninton
17. Harrison (I would bring on no later than 25 minutes)

HappyTiger

Juniors
Why the criticism of Nick Graham.I thought he had a solid game last night and has been one of our more consistant players week in week out.

Stats last night
28 tackles,1 offload,15 hit ups for 89 yards,NO mistakes or errors.I cant fault him for that.He and Jason Moodie were the only guys who didnt make and error or a mistake all game.

simon says

First Grade
Look,if we were a team that put ponits on easy,I wouldnt be asking for Covell.But we dont score ten tries and put teams away.We score 2-4 tries and need every point we can get.We need our GK to get 80% of his kicks(and that includes a penalty or two).

Hodgson(who is playing really well)does not look like getting one from the sideline AND misses them from fairly easy positions as well.He missed a fairly kickable one against Souths(we lose in golden point)and again tonight and we lose by two.Thats two games and four points that we could have!!!!!!!

While Covell rots in bloody PL!!!!!!!!Now where you put Luke is a riddle...wing(Duffy went well so??)centre(Wilson's in terrible form),backrow....I dont bloody care,but we need him there to win us close games........and our games ARE close.......

yappy

Bench
Three things:-

No one loves Cov more than me, but he wouldn't have won the game for you yesterday. His radar is out. His benefit over Hodgo atm is marginal. Sheens isn't going to use him as a wing, and with Duff there now I wouldn't want him too. So where to put him? He does go alright in Premiers in the back row. Remember he started there for the Maggies in 01. BUT whilst alright in Premiers is one thing, Firsts is another, and who out of Buckets, Graham, Galea, Harrison, Halatau, Senter etc do you drop to make room. In response to Bon, yes he does make good yards, and breaks as well as very solid in defence, but the Tigers have these qualities already. With Wilson hopelessly out of form centre might be an option, but whilst his wing defence is very sound positionally, I've seen him take some wrong options in closer. Still centre is about the only spot on the park Sheens hasn't had him playing so I think this is a very long shot. I've heard the plan to use Super as a supersub, but I don't buy it.

Forget Viane. I've said it so many many times now, maybe one of you will listen. The only person he warries at the moment is his own fullback. He is playing like he doesn't want to get hurt again. The kamakaze is gone. Until he returns you've just got another average Premier League player.

I told you Duff would get the job done.

gr8_1

Juniors
yappy, what is wrong with GrayV ? Has he lost the passion for the game or is he not happy at the moment ?

I think Gobbs mentioned a few weeks ago that he was looking forward to playing FG again and ripping people apart.

Maybe Georgie isnt firing them up in PL enough :twisted:

bonstonker

Juniors
yappy,i am listening to you in regards to viane.
that is the reason i said i wish he was back to his old self.
i'm not saying put him in now,but as soon as he does show his old self i would throw him straight back in with instructions of go flat out if you want to keep playing first grade.
i think he would respond and give us what we need,impact

Gobbso

Juniors
Viane lacking confidence due to injuries? He's not the first and won't be the last player to take a while to regain his old form. He'll be back, although might be a while. His fitness is great, its just a matter of getting game time under his belt, where he can somehow re-establish the 'Gravy Train' once again.

magpiemax

Juniors
yappy said:
Three things:-

No one loves Cov more than me, but he wouldn't have won the game for you yesterday. His radar is out. His benefit over Hodgo atm is marginal. Sheens isn't going to use him as a wing, and with Duff there now I wouldn't want him too. So where to put him? He does go alright in Premiers in the back row. Remember he started there for the Maggies in 01. BUT whilst alright in Premiers is one thing, Firsts is another, and who out of Buckets, Graham, Galea, Harrison, Halatau, Senter etc do you drop to make room. In response to Bon, yes he does make good yards, and breaks as well as very solid in defence, but the Tigers have these qualities already. With Wilson hopelessly out of form centre might be an option, but whilst his wing defence is very sound positionally, I've seen him take some wrong options in closer. Still centre is about the only spot on the park Sheens hasn't had him playing so I think this is a very long shot. I've heard the plan to use Super as a supersub, but I don't buy it.

Forget Viane. I've said it so many many times now, maybe one of you will listen. The only person he warries at the moment is his own fullback. He is playing like he doesn't want to get hurt again. The kamakaze is gone. Until he returns you've just got another average Premier League player.

I told you Duff would get the job done.
I did'nt realise you love Cov.I was under the impression your a happily married man with kids that studies and works and you have time for Covell as well!! anyway that's another issue.But in relation to the backrow problem at wests trying to get Cov in there, I think Graham should be closely scrutinised over the next few weeks and if there is no significant improvement.They should rotate him at best of the bench.And as for your scathing attack on Gravy you might well be right but hopefully he will get his confidence back soon.And as for Duffy well before too long he will be in the Wests first grade side on a regular basis. ;-)

yappy

Bench
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Well the first bit I won't even touch.

I'd hardly call it a scathing attack on Gravy. I've seen alot more of him than most hear over the last 5 seasons. Before he made his debut I was on here telling everyone about this kamakaze we had who would be playing firsts soon and killing it. So it's not like I've got a set against the kid. It's just that since his broken arm he isn't a shadow of that player. He's bigger and stronger looking than back then but the problem isn't that - it's mental. If he gets his head back in order he could be better than before,

Duff won't be back with us for some time methinks. Good for him - that's what it's about.

I gotta agree about the Graham bagging - over the first few rounds i was dying to have Laffranchi back, but Graham has really turned it on over the past few games, he's playing the like ball player he's supposed to be, and he's no.1 offloaded in our squad. O'Neill also had a blinder.

super_coach

First Grade
like most people i thought duffy was strong last night,for a guy playing his first top grade match a top effort after a shaky start.luke covell a great goal kicker and better than average player-in a team like the bronks or east he would be a pretty good flanker-but with our mob i think he will struggle a bit.
as for the nick graham bashing-just look at our left hand defence-right up their with any team in the league-he calls the numbers and calls the runners-he controls the whole left hand defence-okay he dosnt have that old dash he once had-but put the vcr on and have a look at what he is doing--the right hand defence is another thing and maybe where this is where covell may find himself-i think he mainly played left wing so left second row would probaly suit-the only problem we have about six guys from the reseves who probably also derseve a crack-but one things for sure-when your on struggle street you need a 85% gun,not a 65% gun

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I agree that we need him (if he still kicks as well as he did last year). But from seeing Duff, Covell can definately NOT take his place, and Moodie has been great for us. I f**king hated Moodie when he played for Newc and Parra, now I think he's great!! So we can't put him on the wing... But we need 85% kicking to win these games... Souths game and panthers lost partly due to poor goal kicking. perhaps try Prince there if no Covell.

Nick Graham and O'Neill have disappointed me this year.

Latest posts