What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Keary

Fingerbang

Bench
I always liked Keary as a 7, and yesterday's game showed his value. We need him....pay whatever it takes. And Holmes

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I'm all for signing the half with the best long range kicking game. It's something we really need and haven't had since sowards departure.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
As an aside I watched Luke Keary closely on Sunday. I had not really paid attention to him and I thought he looked pretty sharp. It is well documented that we have two Number 6's in the halves and they do not compliment each other. I liked that Keary played directly. He tended to take the ball from the dummy half on the move and going to the line before linking with his forwards. Benji does not do this. We bring our forwards into the line directly from Rein.

The longer the game went the more Keary started to worry me as a Saints supporter. I thought that if South's were to win it would come off the back of Keary.

Is he worth $800K? I don't think so; but it seems obvious that Benji won't be around next year and I would be happy to sign a 23 year old up and coming genuine half-back.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As an aside I watched Luke Keary closely on Sunday. I had not really paid attention to him and I thought he looked pretty sharp. It is well documented that we have two Number 6's in the halves and they do not compliment each other. I liked that Keary played directly. He tended to take the ball from the dummy half on the move and going to the line before linking with his forwards. Benji does not do this. We bring our forwards into the line directly from Rein.

The longer the game went the more Keary started to worry me as a Saints supporter. I thought that if South's were to win it would come off the back of Keary.

Is he worth $800K? I don't think so; but it seems obvious that Benji won't be around next year and I would be happy to sign a 23 year old up and coming genuine half-back.

Just watched the full replay.......Keary V's McCrone......

From what I saw McCrone outplayed Keary easily. I know it was wet weather football but Keary didn't really serve up anything better than McCrone.

And Keary wants 800k.........need to see more to warrant half that amount IMO

FlameThrower

Bench
$800k for Keary??? That's crazy ,,,,what is Coote expecting , I don't think it's near that figure? And who is to say McCrone shines as a foil to Widdop? The answer may be under our noses??he offers more than depth and apart from that stupid penalty that lead to Souths try he played well??

Minh

First Grade
At the end of the day, any half are only as good as the forwards who lay the foundation....