What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke O'Donnell

Once Dead

Bench
O'Donnell's stupidity almost cost his team.....he's a hothead and punching people off the ball is dumb, i don't care that he didn't get sent off, he was only allowed to stay on because of what happened with Ricketson........he's a liability, sure he offers a lot, but can't control himself

O'Neil last year was avg 100 metres per game and 25-30 tackles while o'donnell was getting paid for being suspended and injured

i like both players and both should be at the club and its kinda confusing that graham would be on the same amount as o'donnell yet he was signed when it should of been O'Donnell :?

bonstonker

Juniors
Vicious said:
bonstonker said:
Vicious said:
It`s not that he`s that bad a player,but he seems to get preferance over other more talented players just for the fact that he`s been loyal to Balmain/Wests Tigers.

absolute load of crap.

do you mean to tell me that after buckets season in 2003 he didn't deserve a contract.pure f***ing stupidity there mate,luke had produced f**k all for the wests tigers and he should be the one to get a contract. :roll:

luke makes double the mistackles,3 times more errors and penalties.
he makes just under 7 yards a hitup(half a yard more than buckets),a couple of offloads and f**k all line breaks,but he is somehow a god we let go. :roll:

why do wests tigers fans get so hung up on past players that produced f**k all for the club,yet forget about players who actually do produce year in year out for our club.
Wake up to yourself!!!!You are dreaming if you are suggesting Buckets is anywhere near the player Luke O`Donnell is.Do you think the Cowboys would want to swap Luke for Mark????Balmain supporters get hung up on Mark because of the loyalty he`s showed the club.That`s great,but the bottom line is no other club ever wanted Mark.I`ll say it again,he keeps himself very fit,does plenty of tackling and is always encouraging his team mates,but his tackles very rarely hurt or force an error from the opposition,he very rarely runs the ball hard,never makes a productive hit up up the middle of the field when the hard yards need to be made and has little or no aggression.These are some of the reasons as to why he`s never played in a finals series or never played rep football.Luke O`Donnell has been a dominant force in the Cowboys brilliant end to the season and don`t tell me he didn`t show the same ability at the Tigers.He had a shocking run with injuries and got a harsh suspension,but once he had an uninterupted season,he had always shown that he would peform like he is now.

let me try and wade through that load of dribble and try to reply.
it doesn't matter who wants to swap who,sheens had both buckets and luke,and our forward of the year was re-signed.
i can't believe you would even question his re-signing.
sure,question the reason for letting luke go and signing graham back from england and sattler as well.but not buckets,especially coming of such a great season in 2003.
as for buckets never being wanted by another club,mate,attack me if you want,but do you really think no one would want him if he came onto the market.
gee,i could say the same about webke couldn't i,seeing as he has never received an offer from a rival club throughout his entire career.
statements like that are just stupid.

the trouble with the tigers is that we do not spend our full cap,so we must be careful with our signings and our return on the dollar we spend,and sadly we didn't get that from luke.
that is just the way footy goes,and we must move on.

and enough of the balmain one eyed crap about buckets,it is not my fault i can see the work he has done for both balamin and wests over the last decade year in year out.
this year he is still our number one defender and put elford into more gaps than our entire pack combined.
yet somehow you keep blaming him for our lack of go forward,when we had props doing f**k all.

forward momentum starts from the top,and that is our props,and if your props are getting smashed and are unwilling to charge it up the guts,then any team will struggle.

when we have props laying a proper platform,you will then see all of our backrowers making more yards and greater momentum for our backline.

it is much easier for a cowboy backrower to make yards behind their props than it is for our tigers.
surely you can see that.

as i have said all year,until our backrowers show they can work and tackle better than buckets week in week out,he will remain in the team.

or is sheens a balmain supporter who is simply hung up on buckets as well. :roll:

Vicious

Bench
bonstonker said:
Vicious said:
bonstonker said:
Vicious said:
It`s not that he`s that bad a player,but he seems to get preferance over other more talented players just for the fact that he`s been loyal to Balmain/Wests Tigers.

absolute load of crap.

do you mean to tell me that after buckets season in 2003 he didn't deserve a contract.pure f***ing stupidity there mate,luke had produced f**k all for the wests tigers and he should be the one to get a contract. :roll:

he makes just under 7 yards a hitup(half a yard more than buckets),a couple of offloads and f**k all line breaks,but he is somehow a god we let go. :roll:

why do wests tigers fans get so hung up on past players that produced f**k all for the club,yet forget about players who actually do produce year in year out for our club.
Wake up to yourself!!!!You are dreaming if you are suggesting Buckets is anywhere near the player Luke O`Donnell is.Do you think the Cowboys would want to swap Luke for Mark????Balmain supporters get hung up on Mark because of the loyalty he`s showed the club.That`s great,but the bottom line is no other club ever wanted Mark.I`ll say it again,he keeps himself very fit,does plenty of tackling and is always encouraging his team mates,but his tackles very rarely hurt or force an error from the opposition,he very rarely runs the ball hard,never makes a productive hit up up the middle of the field when the hard yards need to be made and has little or no aggression.These are some of the reasons as to why he`s never played in a finals series or never played rep football.Luke O`Donnell has been a dominant force in the Cowboys brilliant end to the season and don`t tell me he didn`t show the same ability at the Tigers.He had a shocking run with injuries and got a harsh suspension,but once he had an uninterupted season,he had always shown that he would peform like he is now.

it doesn't matter who wants to swap who,sheens had both buckets and luke,and our forward of the year was re-signed.
sure,question the reason for letting luke go and signing graham back from england and sattler as well.but not buckets,especially coming of such a great season in 2003.
as for buckets never being wanted by another club,mate,attack me if you want,but do you really think no one would want him if he came onto the market.
gee,i could say the same about webke couldn't i,seeing as he has never received an offer from a rival club throughout his entire career.

the trouble with the tigers is that we do not spend our full cap,so we must be careful with our signings and our return on the dollar we spend,and sadly we didn't get that from luke.

and enough of the balmain one eyed crap about buckets,it is not my fault i can see the work he has done for both balamin and wests over the last decade year in year out.
this year he is still our number one defender and put elford into more gaps than our entire pack combined.
yet somehow you keep blaming him for our lack of go forward,when we had props doing f**k all.

forward momentum starts from the top,and that is our props,and if your props are getting smashed and are unwilling to charge it up the guts,then any team will struggle.

when we have props laying a proper platform,you will then see all of our backrowers making more yards and greater momentum for our backline.

it is much easier for a cowboy backrower to make yards behind their props than it is for our tigers.
surely you can see that.

as i have said all year,until our backrowers show they can work and tackle better than buckets week in week out,he will remain in the team.

or is sheens a balmain supporter who is simply hung up on buckets as well. :roll:
We`ll just have to see what evetuates next year.On current form I seriously doubt Buckets will be starting.I agree that besides Skandalis,none of our props done their jobs properly,but that doesn`t excuse an experienced second rower to stand out in the centres and watch the side struggle to get out of their own half.I`ll promise Buckets won`t be named captain that`s for sure as he needs to concentrate on holding his spot in the side first and foremost.Anyway next season will reveal all and if Buckets decides to start running much harder and much more often,I won`t argue the case of him being in the side.However,I really do think that Bronson has to be one starting second rower and i`m very confident that Liam Fulton will get his chance at lock and prove to all Balmain supporters just how good he is.That leaves one second row spot in which I believe should go to a player who can play the role of a second rower/prop.Laffranchi fits this description although as I said,if Buckets was prepared to roll his sleaves up and put his body on the line,he too could potentially fill this role as he is not a small man!

westie

Bench
Vicious said:
bonstonker said:
Vicious said:
bonstonker said:
Vicious said:

absolute load of crap.

surely you can see that.

We`ll just have to see what evetuates next year.On current form I seriously doubt Buckets will be starting.I agree that besides Skandalis,none of our props done their jobs properly,but that doesn`t excuse an experienced second rower to stand out in the centres and watch the side struggle to get out of their own half.I`ll promise Buckets won`t be named captain that`s for sure as he needs to concentrate on holding his spot in the side first and foremost.Anyway next season will reveal all and if Buckets decides to start running much harder and much more often,I won`t argue the case of him being in the side.However,I really do think that Bronson has to be one starting second rower and i`m very confident that Liam Fulton will get his chance at lock and prove to all Balmain supporters just how good he is.That leaves one second row spot in which I believe should go to a player who can play the role of a second rower/prop.Laffranchi fits this description although as I said,if Buckets was prepared to roll his sleaves up and put his body on the line,he too could potentially fill this role as he is not a small man!

You'd be crazy to play Liam at lock next year barring injuries.

Vicious

Bench
Why would you be crazy to play Liam at lock???He tackles as good and as much as anyone else,he`d be close to the fastest forward at the club,he has good ball skills and he`s always a danger of breaking the line himself.That`s all the qualities of a very good lock.

westie

Bench
Vicious said:
Why would you be crazy to play Liam at lock???He tackles as good and as much as anyone else,he`d be close to the fastest forward at the club,he has good ball skills and he`s always a danger of breaking the line himself.That`s all the qualities of a very good lock.

Does the fact that he is playing 5/8 change your mind? Or the fact that Galea is capable of playing for NSW if he can stay on the park?

Vicious

Bench
Does the fact that he is playing 5/8 change your mind? Or the fact that Galea is capable of playing for NSW if he can stay on the park?
He played 5/8 in Premier League out of necessity,no one else was capable.He could end up being a very good 5/8,but since he`s played the majority of his football as a lock,I think playing 5/8 in 1st grade is still a couple of years down the track.I agree that Galea`s best spot is most definately lock and that if he consistently produced his best form,a state spot wouldn`t be out of the question.In saying that,I have no doubt that Liam is potentially an even better player than Galea.I think Galea done a good job playing second row this season,but he is probably too small to be considered for a rep spot playing there.Liam could possibly put on 5kg of muscle over the off season which would make him a reasonable size to be considered for the second row,however he is so talented,I feel it would be a waste to play him there.I`ve heard some people suggest that he would make a great centre and that could also be an option.

Anonymous

Juniors
He's too small for a first grade lock at this stage unfortunately. He has all the skills though. Hopefully he can bulk up over the off season and come off the bench.

westie

Bench
Vicious said:
He played 5/8 in Premier League out of necessity,no one else was capable.He could end up being a very good 5/8,but since he`s played the majority of his football as a lock,I think playing 5/8 in 1st grade is still a couple of years down the track.I agree that Galea`s best spot is most definately lock and that if he consistently produced his best form,a state spot wouldn`t be out of the question.In saying that,I have no doubt that Liam is potentially an even better player than Galea.I think Galea done a good job playing second row this season,but he is probably too small to be considered for a rep spot playing there.Liam could possibly put on 5kg of muscle over the off season which would make him a reasonable size to be considered for the second row,however he is so talented,I feel it would be a waste to play him there.I`ve heard some people suggest that he would make a great centre and that could also be an option.

He was moved to 5/8 because Georgy finally got to put players in their right positions (I.e Isaac to lock etc) and he stayed there because that was where he played his best footy (not that you actually saw it or any thing).

How could he have played the majority of his footy at lock when Isaac has been playing there for the past few years?

You say it would be a waste to play Liam at second row and then you suggest he should play center? Thats like playing Johns or Kimmorley at center. Galea is currently a far better player and is capable of making NSW in 2005.

westie

Bench
Vicious said:

He was moved to 5/8 because Georgy finally got to put players in their right positions (I.e Isaac to lock etc) and he stayed there because that was where he played his best footy (not that you actually saw it or any thing).

How could he have played the majority of his footy at lock when Isaac has been playing there for the past few years?

You say it would be a waste to play Liam at second row and then you suggest he should play center? Thats like playing Johns or Kimmorley at center. Galea

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
He's too small for a first grade lock at this stage unfortunately. He has all the skills though. Hopefully he can bulk up over the off season and come off the bench.

Depends on how he was used, there are a hell of alot of small first grades running around and Fulton probably does have the talent that a hell of alot of them don't

I do think however he will end up at another club as I can't see him pushing either Benji or Prince out of the halves and I doubt he would be able to make it as a lock in the NRL with his current frame - its a shame because the kid if he was about 10kgs bigger would kill it IMO

Vicious

Bench
His weight is already comparable with Scott Sattler and Ben Galea so I can`t see how he`s too small,but YES it would be beneficial if he added a couple of kilos in the off season and i`m sure he will.
You are an imbicile Westie!!!What other alternatives were there at 5/8 know all???
I`d like to bet i`ve seen a lot more of Liam play than you have fool.I never said he didn`t play well at 5/8,I said that I believe he`d be better off playing 5/8 in 1st grade a few years down the track.He`s a brilliant,dangerous runner of the ball.He does also have good ball skills,but his ball running is undoubtedly his best attribute and that is why lock is his best position.
When you have 2 natural locks in the one team,obviously 1 has to move.Liam played second row,a lot closer to lock than 5/8 and where did he play when Isaac was injured???
You say it would be a waste to play Liam at second row and then you suggest he should play center? Thats like playing Johns or Kimmorley at center. Galea
Wake up to yourself.I wasn`t the one who first suggested it,but as he is very quick and a great hole runner,why couldn`t he be a good centre???
do think however he will end up at another club as I can't see him pushing either Benji or Prince out of the halves and I doubt he would be able to make it as a lock in the NRL with his current frame - its a shame because the kid if he was about 10kgs bigger would kill it IMO
Obviously no one is going to move a fit Benji Marshall from 5/8.He is a freakish talent.I`m not Sheens biggest fan,but i`m sure he`s smart enough to realise that Liam is a superstar in the making and he will regularly start him at lock before next season is over.Benny Galea is a great player,but Liam is better.

westie

Bench
Vicious said:
His weight is already comparable with Scott Sattler and Ben Galea so I can`t see how he`s too small,but YES it would be beneficial if he added a couple of kilos in the off season and i`m sure he will.
You are an imbicile Westie!!!What other alternatives were there at 5/8 know all???
I`d like to bet i`ve seen a lot more of Liam play than you have fool.I never said he didn`t play well at 5/8,I said that I believe he`d be better off playing 5/8 in 1st grade a few years down the track.He`s a brilliant,dangerous runner of the ball.He does also have good ball skills,but his ball running is undoubtedly his best attribute and that is why lock is his best position.
When you have 2 natural locks in the one team,obviously 1 has to move.Liam played second row,a lot closer to lock than 5/8 and where did he play when Isaac was injured???
Wake up to yourself.I wasn`t the one who first suggested it,but as he is very quick and a great hole runner,why couldn`t he be a good centre???
do think however he will end up at another club as I can't see him pushing either Benji or Prince out of the halves and I doubt he would be able to make it as a lock in the NRL with his current frame - its a shame because the kid if he was about 10kgs bigger would kill it IMO
Obviously no one is going to move a fit Benji Marshall from 5/8.He is a freakish talent.I`m not Sheens biggest fan,but i`m sure he`s smart enough to realise that Liam is a superstar in the making and he will regularly start him at lock before next season is over.Benny Galea is a great player,but Liam is better.

Here we go...

You mean kinda like a 5/8?

You should have at least looked at a team sheet or two so you could pretend you knew what you were talking about. Brad Davis, Aza Heremaia, George Gatis, Micky B, Benny Roberts.

Please do, I could do with some extra cash

His best attribute is definately ball playing. You do realise what that is don't you?

Now that you agree with every one that Isaac is the better lock, why are you still suggesting that Liam play FG before Isaac?

Benji is an incredibly flawed player that would be in the 13 of very few NRL teams.

Not for a long time.

Vicious

Bench
Brad Davis, Aza Heremaia, George Gatis
When I said what 5/8s were available,I meant ones with a little bit of ability.
His best attribute is definately ball playing
So your not impressed with Liams running of the ball???
Now that you agree with every one that Isaac is the better lock, why are you still suggesting that Liam play FG before Isaac?
When did I say Isaac is the better lock???Isaac is a good all round player,Liam is a much more dangerous attacking weapon.
Benji is an incredibly flawed player that would be in the 13 of very few NRL teams.
That`s your best statement since you bagged Dene Halatau! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Benny Galea is a great player,but Liam is better
Not for a long time.

A fit Benji Marshall and Scott Prince have a mortgage on the halves positions,so irrespective of whether Liam favours 5/8 or lock,his best chance of becoming a regular starter for the Wests Tigers will definately be as a lock forcing Ben Galea to hooker or the second row!