What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Walsh 11/11

Abz

Juniors
Just letting you guys know (if you haven't heard already) Walshie's 11/11 against the Warriors on Saturday was a club record. Granted that most of the tries were scored in front of the sticks, it's still a great effort by the youngster. Also your +- went from being in the red to green in one game. Brilliant effort from the mountain men :)

murraymob

Coach
walsh is like a bottle of wine you find at the back of a closet.It can taste like a million dollars or the next week taste like shit.Last week his kicking was off this week on who know next week

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I don't like him but his last two games have been good, I hope for the sake of the team he actually plays well for the rest of the year.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
lol yeah he might be tying to put a highlights reel together of his games this year to show the clubs in England.

As I said for the sake of the team and management for the times they have stood by him he owes them to play well for the rest of his time with the club, not to mention us long suffering fans.

soc123_au

Staff member
I have been wondering if Walshy has spent too much time reading negative feedback on forums & the pressure had gotten to him. Then with being released to go to the EPL the pressure is gone. The last 4 weeks he has been pretty good.

franklin2323

Immortal
lol yeah he might be tying to put a highlights reel together of his games this year to show the clubs in England.

As I said for the sake of the team and management for the times they have stood by him he owes them to play well for the rest of his time with the club, not to mention us long suffering fans.

Yeah. What better way for a ESL team to get a half to play in finals footy the year before.

Soward will take his of kicking and never running only do it better

franklin2323

Immortal
I have been wondering if Walshy has spent too much time reading negative feedback on forums & the pressure had gotten to him. Then with being released to go to the EPL the pressure is gone. The last 4 weeks he has been pretty good.

What's he done different though? He has a 5/8th running and Moylan to ball play but it's the same basic game from him just with decent players around him

Looked like he purposely tried to lose the Melbourne game with his ridiculous 5th tackle options in the last 10mins

Doomednow

Bench
I was certain he was going to St Helens. Still credit where it's due he's a few really good games recently. 11/11 is a heroic effort.

maple_69

Bench
He had a decent amount from the sideline. It was a great kicking performance.

Walsh's kicking game in the first half against Melbourne was exceptional. Did not give Slater a chance, found space in behind the back 3 every time. He's more than capable of it. Moylan has definitely been the difference in our performances though in my book.

what ever

Juniors
I'd never want to be a professional league player - especially a half. You are either a hero or zero from the fans. Luke i think you did great this week. I'd rather have Walsh than Shaun Johnson! Johnson is only play for himself. Walsh plays with the TEAM. And am liking how Walsh and John work together.

mxlegend99

Referee
Last week he missed 3/3 with an easy kick and 2 hard ones. This week he nails em all including kicks from both sidelines. If he kicked like that last week it would have let fans breath a bit easier toward the last minute. Against Warriors it was just salt into the wound each time.

Nealo 12

First Grade
Well for now we've got a good kick return thing happening...takes the pressure off Walsh to produce a miracle to get us off our own line.

murraymob

Coach
could be now luke feels the presure is off him .He run the ball more than normal and his kicking game is back.Not to mention the fact we have a forward pack now that is going forward.Good luck to him

Doomednow

Bench
Last week he missed 3/3 with an easy kick and 2 hard ones. This week he nails em all including kicks from both sidelines. If he kicked like that last week it would have let fans breath a bit easier toward the last minute. Against Warriors it was just salt into the wound each time.

I might be reading you wrong but it sounds like you won't give him any credit for making 11 this week and are still bitter at him for missing 3 week (which we won).

franklin2323

Immortal
I might be reading you wrong but it sounds like you won't give him any credit for making 11 this week and are still bitter at him for missing 3 week (which we won).

Some people still would bag him if he won the Dally M, Clive Churchill & Brad Fittler medal.

I hate the fact he doesn't do it atleast 15 games a season rather then 5.

Though the last month he has been good more so now with a decent 6 outside.

mxlegend99

Referee
His improvement has also happened since he has been linked to a move to the UK. For the first time in his career at Penrith, he hasn't got his future safely secured.

Latest posts