What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Walsh 11/11

panthersam

Juniors
His improvement has also happened since he has been linked to a move to the UK. For the first time in his career at Penrith, he hasn't got his future safely secured.

Maybe someone should threaten his life so he plays out of his skin for the rest of the season ahaha

soc123_au

Staff member
Another great effort from Walshy with the boot tonight. A few of the field goal attempts were ordinary bet the conversions were first class.

murraymob

Coach
interesting thing is there has been no official announcment to say he is actually going.The English club has said nothing official has been signed

Panther Pete

Juniors
His goal kicking was first class again last night but his kicking in general play IMO was ordinary. Twice in the first half his bombs were caught in goal on the full which gave them an easy 20 meters (and relieves all the pressure we had built) and then kicking dead a grubber from 10 metr out when all he needed was to sit it up in the in- goal and Lewis Brown scores. Then repeatedly kicking on the 3 rd tackle in the second half?

Abacus

Juniors
Does anyone else believe that Walshy was sharking the playmaking in the 2nd half on Saturday night. I haven't seen a replay yet but I can't recall the ball going to John when we finally had opportunity to attack the Dragons' line in the final 20. At 1 point you actually see John throw his arms out in frustration.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. I was looking for another Panthers try to kill off the game & so looking for Walsh to use the backline. Hopefully it's not a case of Walshy feeling he needs to produce everything himself (we've all seen where that gets us) to remain the dominant playmaker.

soc123_au

Staff member
The first 10 of the 2nd half the mistakes started creeping in. We were trying to score off every play. I assumed the message went out to kick early and play it down the other end to settle them down.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Does anyone else believe that Walshy was sharking the playmaking in the 2nd half on Saturday night.

I did notice that there were a couple of times I thought give the ball to John or Moylan, I thought it may have just been me thinking he was hogging the ball sometimes, but we won so can't complain to much I suppose.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I thought the same on occasion that he should have let John have the ball, I just thought it was maybe me being overly critical of him.

Sorry don't know what the F**k I have done here repeating myself lol.

Last edited:

marty65

Juniors
I gotta a feeling that Walsh's UK deal might already be done (these things get often organised a long way in advance), and the pressure release that has come with that possibly explains Walsh's new found form and confidence. Having John next to him, as well as a very dominant pack of forwards, has certainly helped him also. As most people on here, I was giving it to Walsh a few weeks ago. But I have to give credit where credit is due. He has been very good in the last 3 matches. If he keeps this up for the rest of the year, then I will send him off to the ESL with my best wishes.

murraymob

Coach
well now we know.I wish luke and his family all the best .He is tailor made for english footy and will be a good signing over there

Nealo 12

First Grade
Well that explains the form turn around, I like how he's been playing lately.

Its a shame that it takes a new potential contract to get some guys up and playing better !

All the best for next year but you have a job to finish here first.

It will be interesting to see how he goes under Nathan Browns coaching.

saintsam

Juniors
Hi guys would just like to clarify that St Helens formally announced the signing of Luke for next season on the official site a couple of weeks ago so it is indeed a done deal. I hope he continues his good form for Penrith. Good luck for the remainder of the season.

Latest posts