What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LWOS Heavyweight Championship

B

bender

I don't know if this idea for a post will work, but Here goes, but with some excellent fights coming up it is worth a go.

The Rules of this thread are simple, Name a fight (any fight), a predicted winner and the round they will win in. Points are awarded for predictions based on the following scale:

Correct winner - 10 pts
Correct Round - 10 pts
Within 3 rounds - 5 pts
Correctly predicting KO (more than 3 rounds)- 3pts
Correctly predicting a draw - 20 pts
Correctly predicting a points decision - 3 pts
Predicting a Loser on points- minus 1pts
Predicting a Loser by KO rnds 8 and up - minus5 pts
Predicting a Loser by KO rds 4-7 - Minus 10pts
Predicting a Loser by KO rds 1-3 - minus 15pts

No person can ever go below zero points.

Whoever has the highest number of points is considered the LWOS heavyweight Champion.

B

bender

A KO and TKO is the same thing, otherwise it gets a bit hard, Reservoir Dog.

El Duque

Bench
bender, why is it that you can only get a max of 13 points for predicting a UD yet can get 20 points for a KO and round?

I personally think picking a UD should be at least 15 points as someone who picks a KO gets a minimum 10 for the same thing.

B

bender

You are probably right, in hindsight, i should have probably given 4 or 5 pts for a ud and 10 for Correct split decision and maybe even 30 for a draw which is a pretty good effort.

Unfortunately there is no edit facility, so we are stuck with the rules unless one of the moderators knows how to modify the original points

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry bender, we dont have control over that.Mods can only delete the whole thread or individual posts... can't edit the contents I'm afraid.

El Duque

Bench
I think the best way to judge is making it look like a fighters record.

eg: Spacey and myself are 1-0 1KO because we predicted the winner and the result.

If you'd just picked Roy by KO your record would be 1-0

If you picked Ruiz you're 0-1

The leader would be the person with the most wins and if people are tied on wins it goes to KO's.

What do you think?

B

bender

<table border=0 cellpadding=2 cellspacing=0 width=173> <tbody> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> Bender</td> <td height=16 width="40%"> 10</td></tr> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> Space Monkey</td> <td height=16 width="40%"> 13</td></tr> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> MFC</td> <td height=16 width="40%"> 0</td></tr> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> El Duque</td> <td height=16 width="40%"> 13</td></tr> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> Vertigo</td> <td height=16 width="40%"> 10</td></tr> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> Reservoir Dog</td> <td height=16 width="40%"> 0</td></tr> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> Outlaw </td> <td height=16 width="40%"> 0</td></tr> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> Bronco</td> <td height=16 width="40%"> 0</td></tr> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> Ali N</td> <td height=16 width="40%"> 13</td></tr> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> Ozbash</td> <td height=16 width="40%"> 10</td></tr> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> </td> <td height=16 width="40%"> </td></tr> <tr> <td height=16 width="60%"> </td> <td height=16 width="40%"> </td></tr></tbody></table>
After 1 fight, it looks like Space Monkey, El Duque and Ali N are in the lead. First person to get a clean points lead will be declared the first ever holder of the LWOS heavyweight championship.

B

bender

I think you and spacemonkey have1 win by knockout, I dont mind which way we go with the winner maybe i will list both record and ranking, with the ranking used for a while, but if it doesnt work, we can eventually revert to the traditional win loss situation.

B

bender

Next fight up is Mundine v Calcciachore (sp?). The Brazilian is an unknown quantity, but like most of Mundines opponents, he is coming off only a few fights in the last couple of years, having lost as many as he has won of his recent fights and he is coming up in weight from where he fought the majority of his career. Still, The Brazillian does seem to havefought some solid internationals and has got a reasonable record on the whole.

My prediction is:
Mundine KO10

Latest posts