What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LWOS heavyweight championship

bender

Juniors
The Rules of this thread are simple, Name a fight (any fight), a predicted winner and the round they will win in. Points are awarded for predictions based on the following scale:

Correct winner - 10 pts
Correct Round - 10 pts
Within 3 rounds - 5 pts
Correctly predicting KO (more than 3 rounds)- 3pts
Correctly predicting a draw - 20 pts
Correctly predicting a points decision - 3 pts
Predicting a Loser on points - minus 1pts
Predicting a Loser by KO rnds 8 and up - minus 5 pts
Predicting a Loser by KO rds 4-7 - Minus 10 pts
Predicting a Loser by KO rds 1-3 - minus 15pts

No person can ever go below zero points.

Whoever has the highest number of points is considered the LWOS heavyweight Champion.
Current Score

Champion: Bender 48 (4-0, 2 KO)

1. Spacemonkey 28 (2-0 2KOs)
2. Vertigo 25 (2-0, 1KO)
3 Ozbash 23 (2-0, 1KO)
4. El Duque 21 (2-2, 2KO)
5. Navigator 15 (1-0, 1KO)
6. Reservior Dog 15 (1-1, 1KO)
7. Hutch 15 (1-0, 1 KO)
8 Ali N. 13 (1-0, 1KO)
9 Outlaw 13 (1-1, 1KO)
10 Moffo Fan Club 13 (2-2, 1 KO)
11 Bronco 0 (0-1, 0 KOs)
12 Blade 0 (0-1, 0 ko's)
13 Everlovin Antichrist 0 (0-1.0KOs)
14 Dougie 0 (0-1 0KOs)
15 Mud n Blood (0-1 0KOs)

Posts will be accepted either here, or at LWos.

Blade

Juniors
Hmmm... something occured to me just looking over that Champions list. :roll: .. :lol:

Anyway, is the Lewis - Klitschko fight the next one we're predicting the outcome on?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Id' say so.

Make predictions in which thread?

bender, I edited your topic and turned it into a sticky so it stays up the top. I hope you don't mind.

Trojan Horse

Juniors
The fight is today (22-06-'03)) and the feed should come thru about 12:00 noon (Sydney EST). The fight is at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA.

bender

Juniors
If i am not mistaken, with Vitali being stoppped at the start of the 7th round, I become the new champion. Feels a bit hollow with spacemonkey not fighting last round.

Champion: Bender 38 (3-0, 2 KO)

2. Vertigo 25 (2-0, 1KO)
3 Ozbash 23 (2-0, 1KO)
4. Navigator 15 (1-0, 1KO)
5. Reservior Dog 15 (1-1, 1KO)
5. Hutch 15 (1-0, 1 KO)
7 El Duque 13 (1-0, 1KO)
8 Ali N. 13 (1-0, 1KO)
9 Outlaw 13 (1-1, 1KO)
10 MFC 3 (1-2, 1 KO)
11 Bronco 0 (0-1, 0 KOs)

Mundine-Echols and Holyfield v Toney seem to be the next fights on the list. Anyone putting up an early prediction?

El Diablo

Post Whore
bender said:
If i am not mistaken, with Vitali being stoppped at the start of the 7th round, I become the new champion. Feels a bit hollow with spacemonkey not fighting last round.

Champion: Bender 38 (3-0, 2 KO)

2. Vertigo 25 (2-0, 1KO)
3 Ozbash 23 (2-0, 1KO)
4. Navigator 15 (1-0, 1KO)
5. Reservior Dog 15 (1-1, 1KO)
5. Hutch 15 (1-0, 1 KO)
7 El Duque 13 (1-0, 1KO)
8 Ali N. 13 (1-0, 1KO)
9 Outlaw 13 (1-1, 1KO)
10 MFC 3 (1-2, 1 KO)
11 Bronco 0 (0-1, 0 KOs)

Mundine-Echols and Holyfield v Toney seem to be the next fights on the list. Anyone putting up an early prediction?

bender you should kust edit your top post when you need to update.

BTW, im on 2-0 2KO's as I picked Lewis via KO in 1 in the Lewis-Klitschko thread.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Damn, serves me right for not paying attention round here. Ah well as I din't fight I've been justly stripped of my belt I guess. Better get back in training for the next one ;-)

El Diablo

Post Whore
SpaceMonkey said:
Anyone keen to tip for Green vs Beyer?

I know sweet FA about Beyer apart from that his apparently not that good and got a gift decision against Lucas.

I'll go with Green by 6th round KO.

bender

Juniors
I have just taken the one point off El Duque, for the Danny Green loss, as it was a DQ and not an actual stoppage, That fight could have very easily cost ED the Lwos championship. Ed, please check your score, as i seem to have missed one of your results.

Next up is Mundine- Echols. Definitely an interesting fight.

Echols is the safer bet. Plenty of power, better chin, far more experienced. Echols is undoubtedly World Class and probably the best Super Middleweight in the world at the moment. At the very least, he would rank with Ottke and Calzaghe. Mundine is tough to guage where he sits. He is very inconsistent, but his biggest matches have always been the ones where he has performed well. Note: Waters, Thornberry, Ottke and to a lesser degree Ellis. His bad performances were against opponents where i believe he underestimated them such as Soliman, Mayo and Sullivan. Mundine does have the speed and power to win, the question is his chin.

The more i think about this, the more i am leaning towards Mundine. In fact, i am fairly certain that if Mundine does not get knocked out he will win the fight. I expect Mundine to come of age and win in a very good fight. I'll predict Mundine KO 10.

Blade

Juniors
I hear you ElDuque.

I can't understand how anyone can really, seriously, say Mundine can beat Echols. Stranger things have happened, sure, but Echols' is a Warrior who's survived life's most unpleasant and unfortunate heartaches and survived, and Mundine, well, he's a ex-Dragon who hasn't breathed fire in years :lol:

Go Antwon...!

bender

Juniors
Blade said:
I can't understand how anyone can really, seriously, say Mundine can beat Echols. Stranger things have happened, sure, but Echols' is a Warrior who's survived life's most unpleasant and unfortunate heartaches and survived, and Mundine, well, he's a ex-Dragon who hasn't breathed fire in years :lol:

Go Antwon...!

I guess that explain s the ranking blade :D ;-)

Anyone up for Delahoya- Mosley. Delahoya ud.

Latest posts