What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lying pack of BASTARDS?

TroyJax

Juniors
The club has been spreading the story that Tim decided he’d had enough and Benji is ready to take over. The idea for him to move on prematurely was mutual. Benji has been quoted saying he was surprised Tim pulled the pin early.

Now it comes out that there is a Non Disclosure Agreement in place around his exit. Why the hell do we need this? It seems probable the club is lying and Sheens was indeed fired and the NDA is in place for his 2024 salary. WTF? 4 coaches in the past 14 months! No wonder the side plays like it’s confused what to do. Now they’ve brought Morris in so they have a ready made replacement for Marshal when he inevitably doesn’t turn this cargo ship of incompetence around and gets taken out.

Am I reading this wrong? f**k me these merkins are useless….

Llangennech

Juniors
The club has been spreading the story that Tim decided he’d had enough and Benji is ready to take over. The idea for him to move on prematurely was mutual. Benji has been quoted saying he was surprised Tim pulled the pin early.

Now it comes out that there is a Non Disclosure Agreement in place around his exit. Why the hell do we need this? It seems probable the club is lying and Sheens was indeed fired and the NDA is in place for his 2024 salary. WTF? 4 coaches in the past 14 months! No wonder the side plays like it’s confused what to do. Now they’ve brought Morris in so they have a ready made replacement for Marshal when he inevitably doesn’t turn this cargo ship of incompetence around and gets taken out.

NDA's get signed for most things nowadays it seems. In any case, as has been said, some of the things or way Sheens has been speaking in press conferences after matches, he's had a couple of senior moments. The press conference after the Warriors match was a bit awkward, well felt awkward at times to me. Sheens has always been good in front of the camera, now that he is showing his age a bit, it's good strong management and empathetic management to get him away from the journos.

Tigerm

First Grade

I guess it would have been worse, if they just let it continue on.
Does it really matter how he went, he’s gone and that can only be a good thing, as it should never have been allowed in the first place.
It’s a fact of life, that coaches get punted if they can’t deliver, it always has been and always will be that way, but notice there is never a shortage of people wanting to take it on?
We just gotta hope Benji can deliver.

TJ where did the info come from about the NDA? Not doubting you but is there a link to a published article?

As TM said he should never have been brought back. Even as head of football. He's been out of the NRL for 10 years, and had failed miserably during his stint in England. Getting worse with each appointment.

If that wasn't enough of a red flag to the farkwits who brought him back.......ah, serenity now.

Complete waste of 2 years. Man I hope Benji can steer the ship away from the iceberg. I hope so much. But I know it's going to end in tears.

Tigerm

First Grade
TJ where did the info come from about the NDA? Not doubting you but is there a link to a published article?

As TM said he should never have been brought back. Even as head of football. He's been out of the NRL for 10 years, and had failed miserably during his stint in England. Getting worse with each appointment.

If that wasn't enough of a red flag to the farkwits who brought him back.......ah, serenity now.

Complete waste of 2 years. Man I hope Benji can steer the ship away from the iceberg. I hope so much. But I know it's going to end in tears.
I read it in the Tele this morning as well, while I was waiting for some tyres to be fitted, I don’t have the rag on line, so I couldn’t post it.

Thanks mate

So much for corporate transparency......

What could you expect when your major sponsor is a legal firm and the chairman of the board is the owner.

Sorry for the negativity. I've just had a Rex hunt of a week at work....

Tigerm

First Grade
Thanks mate

So much for corporate transparency......

What could you expect when your major sponsor is a legal firm and the chairman of the board is the owner.

Sorry for the negativity. I've just had a Rex hunt of a week at work....
I just think that they don’t have to tell everyone what transpired, it doesn’t happen in any business that I’m aware of, that your termination payment is public knowledge.

That said, he had a contract, he would have been paid to the terms of that, whatever that may be?

The important thing for me was, he is gone.

TroyJax

Juniors
It matters because we’ve all been taken for a ride.
Admin brought Sheens in to get rid of Madge, then installed him as coach only to sack him a year later and install the least experienced coach in the entire game.
They don’t give a f**k about winning games of football.

Fordy20

Juniors
It's getting hard to care anymore. I'm glad the year is over and Sheens is gone. It was a mistake to bring him back, but you would think after the debacle of the last 18 months, he won't be coming back in any capacity, other than ceremonial as a life member of the club during functions.

WA Tiger

Bench
I thought sheens was fantastic in the post game interviews .. There should have been been an award for that..Daley M

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Royce Simmons said:
Tim, on the other hand, he had people replaced that he didn’t want replaced, he had people added to his staff he didn’t organise himself. You have to wonder who was in the wrong?

So what you’re saying is, not only was Tim not awarded the level of authority that lead to a decade of underachievement in his first reign, but he also had to operate under the same conditions he imposed on Madge?

Well, forgive me if I don’t have any sympathy for the old fraud.

WA Tiger

Bench
So what you’re saying is, not only was Tim not awarded the level of authority that lead to a decade of underachievement in his first reign, but he also had to operate under the same conditions he imposed on Madge?

Well, forgive me if I don’t have any sympathy for the old fraud.
And comparing Sheens to Bennett ..C’mon. I think Bennett had one off year at Newcastle but that was a train wreck anyway.

gordsy

Juniors
And have been bought back into the fold every time. The club is Marshall, Farah and Sheens obsessed.
The club brings them back to take the heat off the board. The way we are set up it's almost Impossible to get rid of the morons like Lee and Pascoe because the balance sheet is good an they are dug in like ticks.
We need a Russel Crowe type to be our benevolent dictator.