What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon poised to roam free as a Panther at foot of mountains

Prodigal-Eel

Juniors
Lyon poaching claims
By David Riccio
June 18, 2006

NRL officials last night invited Parramatta to make a tampering complaint if they felt Brian Smith had made an illegal approach to Jamie Lyon about joining Newcastle next year.

The controversy came as speculation the St Helens star would be recalled from England for Origin III gained currency once more, prompting officials to again hose it down. Lyon is barred from talking to any club but Parramatta until June 30 but his agent, George Mimis, did not deny Smith and Lyon had met last week in England.
"I can neither confirm or deny that," Mimis told The Sunday Telegraph. "It's not something I can comment on. There has certainly been some expressions of interest from Newcastle. Contrary to popular belief, Jamie did not leave Parramatta because of Brian. Brian has said he does not have a problem with Jamie and Jamie has said he does not have a problem with Brian.

Advertisement:
var gnEbMinZIndex = 10000; var gfEbInIframe = false; var gEbBAd = new Object(); gEbBAd.nFlightID = 121620; gEbBAd.nWidth = 300; gEbBAd.nHeight = 250; var gstrEbRandnum = new String(Math.random()); gstrEbRandnum = gstrEbRandnum.substring(gstrEbRandnum.indexOf(".")+1 , gstrEbRandnum.length); gEbBAd.strNonSupported = "http://bs.serving-sys.com/BurstingPipe/NonSupportedBanner.asp?FlightID=121620&Page=&PluID=0&Width=300&Height=250&Pos=" + gstrEbRandnum;
pageid=90413411

"At the moment we can only talk to Parramatta but after June 30 I would imagine we would have some talks."

foxsports.com.au

Hellsy

Immortal
Prodigal-Eel said:
Lyon poaching claims
By David Riccio
June 18, 2006

NRL officials last night invited Parramatta to make a tampering complaint if they felt Brian Smith had made an illegal approach to Jamie Lyon about joining Newcastle next year.

The controversy came as speculation the St Helens star would be recalled from England for Origin III gained currency once more, prompting officials to again hose it down. Lyon is barred from talking to any club but Parramatta until June 30 but his agent, George Mimis, did not deny Smith and Lyon had met last week in England.
"I can neither confirm or deny that," Mimis told The Sunday Telegraph. "It's not something I can comment on. There has certainly been some expressions of interest from Newcastle. Contrary to popular belief, Jamie did not leave Parramatta because of Brian. Brian has said he does not have a problem with Jamie and Jamie has said he does not have a problem with Brian.

"At the moment we can only talk to Parramatta but after June 30 I would imagine we would have some talks."

foxsports.com.au
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19502863-23214,00.html

Well if it was just lunch with BS then it would be OK, hopefully they discussed their families ;-) ;-) :crazy:

MrT

Juniors
Then why Did jamie Leave?
I believe Eels supporters deserve to know the truth.

The Lyon saga just wont go away and it wouldn't surprise me if we even STILL ended up signing him. The amount of $$ we have at our disposol is ridiculous.

Cannings 220k
Morrisson 300k+
Stringer 230k+
PJ Marsh 200k
Morris 180k
Widders 150k
Burt,Delaney,Mckinnon, other Pl players and the cap rise

James_Hardie

Juniors
Lyon poaching claims
By David Riccio
June 18, 2006

Why don't we let him talk to other clubs. How does it bother us? He isn't playing here, so it won't affect his performance for our club. Let some other club waste their money, so we know who they are letting go to fit him in and who else is on the market...

Smartman

Juniors
Why dont Parramatta just let him negotiate with other clubs now considering they dont want anything to do with him?

Daneel

Bench
Smartman said:
Why dont Parramatta just let him negotiate with other clubs now considering they dont want anything to do with him?

Because he is anyway, so why bother with something trivial like permission.

Smartman

Juniors
Daneel said:
Because he is anyway, so why bother with something trivial like permission.

He might be talking to the other clubs but he cant sign anything until july 1st.
I just thought Parramatta would want closure asap on this whole affair.

Daneel

Bench
Smartman said:
He might be talking to the other clubs but he cant sign anything until july 1st.
I just thought Parramatta would want closure asap on this whole affair.

Your not even suppose to talk to other clubs, they can show an expression of interest but that is all. If you think players don't sign contracts before July 1 or at least agree to terms than you should probably change your name from smartman to something more appropiate.

Latest posts