What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon ready for angry Eels

Gronk

Staff member
Lyon ready for angry Eels

By Dean Ritchie
July 27, 2007 12:00am

MANLY centre Jamie Lyon last night spoke of the "hostile" treatment he will endure by returning to Parramatta this weekend for the first time in 1231 days.
Lyon has not been to Parramatta Stadium since March 15, 2004, when he walked out on the club.
The return of Lyon gives Sunday's match an extra edge as the 60-year rivals prepare to battle yet again.
Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald added to match's hype by saying: "Parramatta fans have a long memories so they're sure to give Jamie a warm reception."
Lyon is aware he will be jeered constantly by what should be a near-20,000 sell-out for a match which pits second-placed Manly against third-placed Parramatta.
In his only interview this week, Lyon told The Daily Telegraph: "It all happened a few years ago now but I'm sure they (Parramatta fans) are still dirty.
"The fans more than the players will give it to me.
"They'll be pretty keen for the game. The memories (of his exit) will be there for the fans.
"I'm expecting it and won't be surprised if they boo me.
"It's always a hostile place out there - it's been that way for years. It should be close to a full house so that will add to the excitement.
"But I can't let it get to me. I've just got to focus on my footy.
"We've knocked off few big sides so it should be a massive game. I'm more excited than anything else."
Parramatta have established themselves as genuine premiership contenders in recent weeks, Manly doing the same earlier this year.
It should be a classic contest.
"I think they'll give the comp a real shake," Lyon said.
"They have unearthed some great talent in Krisnan Inu, Jarryd Hayne and Feleti Mateo. Put them with their established players and it's scary what they can do.
"We haven't been going too well of late. We had a good win over the Tigers a few weeks back but have been scratchy since.
"People talk about Melbourne's consistency and that is what we are after."
Parramatta captain Nathan Cayless has been granted indefinite leave following the death of his mother Marlene on Wednesday night.
Eels players will wear black armbands to mark their respect.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22141223-5006066,00.html

hybrideel

Bench
he'll be playing 5/8 so it will be finchy marking him or timmy unless they swap with tahu or benny in defence

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
hybrideel said:
he'll be playing 5/8 so it will be finchy marking him or timmy unless they swap with tahu or benny in defence

I thought we were beyond this sort of thinking?

The only positions that directly mark each other these days are centres and wingers.

Halves tend to attack closer to centrefield than they defend, meaning Lyon will spend most of the game standing opposite back-rowers.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee i hope he gets absolutley smashed, hopefully Finchy will give him a bath on Sunday.

sportsmad

Juniors
"It all happened a few years ago now but I'm sure they (Parramatta fans) are still dirty.
"They'll be pretty keen for the game. The memories (of his exit) will be there for the fans.
"It's always a hostile place out there - it's been that way for years.

i'll give him this, he's not as stupid as he looks :lol:

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
So he is expecting a hostile reception, well let's not give him one, and let him wondering when and what time during the game will he cop it from the crowd.

eelsta

Bench
sportsmad said:
"It all happened a few years ago now but I'm sure they (Parramatta fans) are still dirty.
"It's always a hostile place out there - it's been that way for years.

i'll give him this, he's not as stupid as he looks :lol:

Yes he is:lol:

Clarkieel

Juniors
nobody is as stupid as lyon looks

and yes we are all over it but how much fun will it be too boo him on sunday lol

Sterling

Juniors
Smartman said:
Thought the rnd 1 game was played at Telstra when the dogs smashed the eels 48-14 and then lyon fekked off. :D

So effectively he last played at Parramatta stadium sometime in 2003 :cool:

oh my god... dumbass man has finally come out of therapy after last years 'choke' :lol: :lol: