What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon retires ! eels are screwed

ngunity

Juniors
He better not go to Union. Last thing League needs is to lose another Origin-level back to a game that is inarguably inferior to League.

Hopefully Jamie has a yearning for Country air more than a desire to play a piss-weak sport that is a laughable joke in comparison to league

Glenn

First Grade
Not so silent Bob said:
Parramatta aren't screwed without Jamie Lyon. They can bounce back from this, and the loss against the Bulldogs.

It could take a week, two weeks, or a month, but they can do it.

A very good call indeed :D

Fibroman

First Grade
He should tuffen up. Obviously his parents didn't smack him when he was naughty as a kid. The bloke obviously hasn't got too many outstanding bills to pay at the moment. He will probably return to league when he runs all his credit cards up.

Gidsgal

Juniors
Sorry, but the eels were always screwed!!! It doesn't take Jamie Lyon leaving the eels for the eels to be scewed!!

Phillips

Referee
Gidsgal said:
Sorry, but the eels were always screwed!!! It doesn't take Jamie Lyon leaving the eels for the eels to be scewed!!

last time i looked the eels were not on the bottom of the ladder
last time i looked the eels just beat Brisbane
last time i looked the eels have lost 1 and won 1

Gidsgal

Juniors
Phillips said:
Gidsgal said:

Your umm point there being exactly

Phillips

Referee
Gidsgal said:
Phillips said:
Gidsgal said:

Your umm point there being exactly

my point is, how exactly are the eels screwed :roll:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Phillips - I think this is Gidsgals attempt at humour.
But it backfired and now she just looks a little silly.

Gidsgal

Juniors
Maroubra Eel said:

I'm not joking mate, I'm deadly serious, tell me, since when have the eelse been a threat, ohhh, yeah, last week against the Broncos, thats right. The eels haven't perfomed really well since before the 2001 grand final.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Gidsgal said:
Maroubra Eel said:

I'm not joking mate, I'm deadly serious, tell me, since when have the eelse been a threat, ohhh, yeah, last week against the Broncos, thats right. The eels haven't perfomed really well since before the 2001 grand final.
I can tell you are deadly serious, but you have made yourself look silly. Now run along and play.

Gidsgal

Juniors
Maroubra Eel said:
Gidsgal said:
Maroubra Eel said:

I can tell you are deadly serious, but you have made yourself look silly. Now run along and play.

Tell me, how exactlly have I made myself look silly. I really don't care if I made my self look silly, I don't know any of u, so why should i care about what I say or how I make myself out to be!!

I was just replying to the topic heading

Fibroman

First Grade
The eels on paper are a very good side, but they just can't seem to put it together on the field. I didn't see last week's match, so I can't comment on whether the eels were good, or the broncos played poorly. I think they lose a lot of strike power in attack without Lyon.

I don't think you look silly Gidsgal. What a lot of people forget, is that these forums are about expressing an opinion and backing it up with facts. If the eels had won both their games by 30, then perhaps you would look silly.