What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M Monas the new Manly captain!

hrundi99

First Grade
I went to the game and he played pretty well. His supporting cast let him down (including Menzies of all people).

Mal Meninga

Bench
I flicked on the game yesterday arvo and it surprised me that Monas was captain, considering he hasn't seen too much action this season. Congrats, but he's no Todd Carney 8)

Poida_Raider

Bench
you'd think they'd go with a club man of all people to be a captain, or atleast someone with a bit more experience. but i spose the only club men they have is menzies, and hoppa... kinda.
and then they dont have that many experienced guys either, williamsn woulda be better i reckon, but hes not in the starting side. good luck to mick though.

how shit are manly though!! haha

legend

Coach
It was done as a sweetender for Joel, who was a guest of the Sea Eagles yesterday. A bit of emotional blackmail to try and get him to sign on the dotted line.

The Roosters will probably make Finch captain next week. :lol:

Briza

Juniors
legend said:
It was done as a sweetender for Joel, who was a guest of the Sea Eagles yesterday. A bit of emotional blackmail to try and get him to sign on the dotted line.

Thats a bit silly, Monas deserved to be the one and will hold it for the rest of the year, I believe Ben Kennedy will replace him next year.

Bay56

First Grade
legend said:

I thought the same thing when I heard the news.

Bay56

First Grade
thuganomics said:
I would of thought Walker would of taken the captaincy role.
No No No .... its "I would have thought Walker would have taken the captaincy role. ;-) ;-)

Disco

Bench
I believe had Randall been fit he would have been Captain

But either way Mona's will do a fine job, and he had an absolute blinder on sunday

legend

Coach
To me it seems a little transparent that a player returning from an extended injury layoff is given the captaincy the same day his brother is in the stands being wooed by management to sign a deal with the club.

Call me a cynic but to me it paints quite an obvious picture.

Latest posts