What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 2005 - Fifa 2005

Raider_69

Post Whore
Anyone else here keen as on these titles
i havnt got em yet cause of the finances but both will be on my shopping list when i go out after the HSC 8)

Got the Fifa demo and love it, but i hate using Arsenal but meh... its either that or AC Milan :?

If anyone out there has either could ya give me ya reveiw/comments on the game. New features, graphic wise etc

fat_mike

Juniors
got fifa 05 and havent stopped playing it since. career mode is great. you select a region from 6 regions around the world to manage in and take control of team from the lower league and the lower teams from the top leagues. you have staff to look after and give advance to via a point system for how good you perform on the pitch. you have to do all this while satisfying the board of directors of your club to keep your job. awesome game and thats just the off the pitch stuff. on the pitch you have the awesome first touch feature where you can knock the ball into space and turn defenders completely inside out.

so far i've taken control of hearts in the scottish league and am currently in my second year of managing them. finsihed top 2 and have turnt the team around. looking to manage in england next and hopefully score a premier league managing spot.

awesome game allround and and E.A sports have definetly built on what they had with FIFA 04. enjoy

B-dos

Referee
I just got Fifa 2005 last week. And this game rocks. I played it on ps2 for about 4 hours last night. Ive made it about 5 seasons and have taken Oxford United to the Premier League. Im halfway through the season and only one win behind Arsenal. I recommend if totally. Great game!!

Munky

Coach
PES 3 or 4 is all I need say.

EA have nothing on Konami when it comes to gameplay.

B-dos

Referee
quote]
[/quote]

Does Konami have English Premiershiop licenses? No? ok.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Far out. I was looking at Madden 2005 today & looks good. The problem is I'm sick of buying a new one each year because it's got bad new features. Can you still do creat a team on the new one?

sunny

Madden 05 is awesome. If they could make a rugby league title even half as good as it, I'd be a very happy man.

B-dos

Referee
Munky said:
B-dos said:

Does Konami have English Premiershiop licenses? No? ok.

When you are looking down on the field, nothing matters but the gameplay.
I agree with what youre saying, but gameplay also involves things off the pitch and Fifa wins when it comes to Career mode and stats, and general Football realism off the pitch.

Dragon

Coach
Nope, Master League in PES blows away career mode, and as for stats well you might want to actually PLAY Pre Evo before making such comparisons.

B-dos

Referee
Nope, Master League in PES blows away career mode, and as for stats well you might want to actually PLAY Pre Evo before making such comparisons.

Oh well, im biased, im loving Fifa 2005 at the moment. When (if) i get sick of it, ill give PES4 a go. Right now though, nothing will sway my opinion that fifa 05 rocks.

Phillips

Referee
played both games and they are great :clap:

Madden 2005 is unreal, the massive hits you can put on are outstanding, i was playing against my cousin and crunched one of his players from a kickoff i spent 5 minutes watching the replay of the tackle in slow motion before saving it to my memory card :lol:

FIFA 2005 is a big improvement from FIFA 2004 (which i also own), career mode seems to be good, im only up to my second yr after being promoted with Wycombe, although i hate it when players reject your transfer offer :x so ive only bought Matthew Upson & Francis Jeffers thus far.

Forum Idiot

Bench
madden 2005 isnt that great. the player models look ridiculous. i cant understand how ea fails to make the players look human year after year! i always have to edit their bodies because of how ridiculous they look. new animations are great but get too repetitive. same old same old for the franchise mode except this year teams dont relocate every 2 seconds which is more realistic.
i liked 2004 better when it first came out.
the new player models look stupid. the arms just look weird alot of the time and that puts me off even though its the gameplay that matters most. gameplay has improved alot i think. running the ball is ridiculously hard this year though but thats nothing you cant fix by playing with the AI sliders.

my favourite moment in madden 2005 this year was winning the superbowl on the final play with the cleveland browns. the play was brilliant. i still have it saved to my memory card. short pass over the middle to my star tight end who got a couple of good blocks and then broke free downfield after putting a carolina cornerback right on his back with a ferocious shoulder and scored the game winning TD in the right hand corner.
that was extra sweet for me because my tight end and quarterback both played for my alabama team in NCAA football 2005. my QB won the heisman trophy in his senior year and i traded a few icons on my browns team to take both of them at 1 and 2 in the draft. paid off big time. i think my QB was rated 95 as a rookie and my tight end was rated in the 90s too. Benji Paddington (QB) and woodrow clement(TE)
NCAA football 2005 is the best game ever. college football is much better than the NFL.

Adidazzler

Juniors
Ive hired FIFA 2005 and it's heeps good. I've gotta say but, the first touch thing is pretty crap (no offence). It just put's the ball a little bit away from you, something better than that should be used, maybe something where you can activate slow motion and it goes close up on the player and you can see passes, or even shoot. And corners are really hard, the keeper or a defender get's to the ball 8/10 times. And free kicks always hit the wall.
Now I need to decide wether to get FIFA 2005 or PES 4.
Anyone got some more information about PES 4? Like whats Master League like now? Can you create a player/team/tournament?

Cheers,
Addi

Lang Park

Juniors
The latest official Australian Xbox magazine has reviews for both PES 4 and Fifa 2005,PES 4 scored 9.4 while Fifa 2005 scored 8.9.they claim "PES4 is the most accurate and authentic soccer sim to ever grace a console",they also say that" the presentation is not quite up to the slick standards of Fifa 2005 though when the game play is good asthis it barely matters".another quote from the review"In game every pixellated little prima donna moves exactly like they would in real life,incorporating all the physicality of running,shooting,heading and tackling"."Tons of great additional touches elevate PES4 far above the jostling competition too,just check out the way 2 players competing for the ball try to shoulder eachother away,and failing that,pull eachother's shirts till one goes down".

Ihaven't played PES4 or Fifa 2005(i own fifa 2003 and don't like how it plays)but for me gameplay is the most important aspect for a soccer game so i'd buy PES 4 over the flashier Fifa 2005.