What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden Next Gen

P.I.M.P

Juniors
Looks so good!!!

NEXT-GEN
The Hornet's Nest: EA's Next-Gen Madden promotional screenshots and video really riled gamers up. Attempting to emulate Nike's own "Gamebreakers" CG video that highlighted a digital T.O. doing his thing, EA released a wicked glimpse of what Next-Gen Madden will be like, or should be like, or might be like, or maybe will eventually be like.
The Boast: A picture is worth a thousand words and the images released of Madden on an unnamed next-gen system might have been worth millions to enthusiast gamers. From thick weather effects, subtle lighting, crinkling cloth and smudged uniforms to exaggerated expressions and high impact animations, Next-Gen Madden promised it all. The released video showed off an injury camera, eight-play selector, coach input, a sack cam, overblown touchdown celebrations and a lot of stylized action. You'll play it all, they said.

Sex, Lies and Videotape: Turns out the released video is actually an artist's interpretation of what Tiburon and Electronic Arts hope Madden will become. It was made months and months ago when the team was commissioned to create a non-interactive video sequence. We all should have gotten the hint when the new images surfaced and looked exactly like the leaked shot of PS3 Madden from months back. Things just don't stay the same in this industry, you know?

An Old Hope: The people at Tiburon say that *some* of the Madden team didn't want these fake visuals seen, not because they are setting the bar too high, but too low. Seriously, they say that these are the visuals they were shooting for originally, but the team now feels they will be easily surpassed on an undisclosed next-gen system.

Xbox Interface: A little bit of detective work reveals that the new play selector in Madden features a green A button, which is all Xbox. Could this indicate that the game Tiburon believes will surpass the video is actually an Xbox 360 title and not a PS3 title? If it is, we expect to see it on May 12th when Xbox 360 debuts on MTV. If Next-Gen Madden is real and can live up to that boast, it'll definitely be on that show.

Promises, Promises: Whatever happens, Next-Gen Madden isn't supposed to just be the same as '06. Hit Stick and Precision Passing gameplay innovations won't just be converted to new systems, but will be enhanced and reworked. The jump from Xbox and PS2 to the new consoles is said to feature an even bigger leap in details and play than what was seen during the transition from PSOne to PS2.

madden-nfl-06-20050419030945934.jpg

madden-nfl-06-20050419115505647.jpg

madden-nfl-06-20050419031247257.jpg

madden-next-gen-part-4-20050421085602827-000.jpg

madden-the-goods-20050425054959162.jpg

madden-the-goods-20050425054958865.jpg

madden-the-goods-20050425054957381.jpg

madden.jpg

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
i doubt in game will look like this but none the less..seeing how espn nfl 2k6 will never be..ill get this heap of junk again lol.

strong_latte

Juniors
Why can't they have rugby union or league games like this :( :( :( I mean this looks great, but I don't like NFL... :(

strong_latte

Juniors
P.I.M.P said:
it's ok i live in sydney n i play it...it's pretty madd...n the graphics r sick

I know what you mean, I borrowed madden a while back off a mate, and while I was blown away by it's graphics and movement I couldn't really get into it because I'm so disinterested in NFL as a sport...

SOMEBODY RICH IN RUGBY LEAGUE PLS FUND THE MADDEN CREW WITH 20 MILLION SO THEY CAN MAKE A MADDEN STANDARD FOOTY GAME!!!

Latest posts