What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge The Myth ?

WA Tiger

Bench
I think AD will be fine at Fullback...Mbye was good on defence I didn’t notice him in attack but I thought we’d lowered the bar for him there ...

Talau has to get a shot at centre..somehow...If Madge doesn’t play him we will eventually lose him...We need Anyone!! but Jennings on the wing....

Madge has to wake up...if he can’t coach the backs (what position did Madge play) then find someone who can and take the credit ...I’d be happy with that..just give change a shot

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't blame Madge for that loss. I'm not even going to get pissed at the players. Benji and Brooks just didn't do enough but the whole team didn't really perform to a top level. I think we basically got scared to win and decisions went against us.

Wizardman

First Grade
Im not blaming Madge for anything. He is the man for the job at this time. He is severely hamstrung capwise by Mbye, Packer and Reynolds. From reports, he has tried to shop out all three. Get rid of those deadweights and we can judge him more fairly.

Perth Tiger

Bench
If he is serious about winning Musgrove and Cheekam have to be in the side this weekend ..
do you really think they would make any difference?

Something obviously happened with Musgrove over the break, probably got really out of shape and sure Chee Kam offers more than Lawrence but not that much more

super_coach

First Grade
Really hard to bag Lawrence when he is getting 10 to 15 game time. The bench is not being used very well IMO and I can not see why you would carry both Clark and the young kid. I know a lot of people want a bench that has real impact, but you also need your best defensive players on the field when fatigue is a factor. I would be looking at Huff and maybe Taylor

Tiger05

First Grade
Is the bench not being used well ? I like the idea of having the 2 bookends with impact coming in at the back end of the second half along with a fresh backrower who can play in the middle and a utility who can have an impact. I think it's a pretty good plan.

Seyfarth and Clarke to me have filled a role in the middle. I think Seyfarth looked like he was up to it.

I reckon we just lost that game from going into our shell and the halves didn't fire. I think AD is starting to look really good.

gordynz

Juniors
do you really think they would make any difference?

Something obviously happened with Musgrove over the break, probably got really out of shape and sure Chee Kam offers more than Lawrence but not that much more

MCK is a match winner as proven in two games last year and is f**kin miles ahead of Lawrence. You guys all talk about Benji being past it etc, Chris Lawrence is literally good for nothing other than two or three dropped balls a game.

Benji more so than any other player is the reason we won both the games we did and he kicked the FIeld Goal the other night to put us in front. Hes 35 years old for gods sake what more do you want from the guy lmao

Vozzy

Juniors
The main issue is when it was 22-12 we tried a stupid offload in our own half also we put up 2 useless bombs that were caught ingoal giving them a 7 tackle set and Brooks once grabbed the arm in a tackle he didn't need to get involved in. It was these 4 sets of 6 where we could of found touch or just not do anything risky that lets the opposite get an easy out or good field position. They don't realise that just completing sets and kicking to corners and chasing once in a lead will actually tire the opposition more cos they have to keep going 80-90m down 2 tries yet we keep trying to score with risky plays. Like Parra last week against Broncos it was close until Parra kicked away but they kept completing and applying the pressure on them. Tigers just put pressure back on themselves.

You could have the love child of Jack Gibson, Craig Bellamy, peak Bennet and peak Sheens - and all the financial and recruitment benefits they bring with them - and you still wouldn't get a win rate of 50%.

What is the answer? I don't know. My head is still at 8:30pm on Sunday.

gordsy

Juniors
MCK is a match winner as proven in two games last year and is f**kin miles ahead of Lawrence. You guys all talk about Benji being past it etc, Chris Lawrence is literally good for nothing other than two or three dropped balls a game.

Benji more so than any other player is the reason we won both the games we did and he kicked the FIeld Goal the other night to put us in front. Hes 35 years old for gods sake what more do you want from the guy lmao
To be able to tackle and close out games.

With no go forward and being one out in attack doesn’t apply any pressure to any opposition defence no matter where they are on the table, through in a rubbish kicking game and no line speed in defence it’s a wonder we have had two wins this season .

Pezz70

Juniors
Both halves were terrible, Benji looked tired from the get go? Not sure if they are getting flogged in the warm up?
I am thinking that Walters gives Benji a 10min break at the 20 & 60 min mark then gives Grant a spell at the 30 & 50 min mark if he needs it.

Exert from his post match presser.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/0b7b7dd103d75e8756193aad265b8c98

“But I'm sick and tired of the ups and downs of the performances. We need to change that. That’s what this club has been, I didn’t want to say that, but it’s the truth. and the truth is we need to fix how we do things when we are performing."

Well, he's been here for a while, so why hasn't he fixed it? Seems to be blaming everyone but himself.

He ain’t out their running around with the footy. The only one to blame are the players. Madge has proven himself as a coach none of these players have proven themselves premiership winners (Grandpa Marshall excluded), in fact a fair percentage of them
Have not yet proven themselves as regular first graders

Pezz70

Juniors
Is the bench not being used well ? I like the idea of having the 2 bookends with impact coming in at the back end of the second half along with a fresh backrower who can play in the middle and a utility who can have an impact. I think it's a pretty good plan.

Seyfarth and Clarke to me have filled a role in the middle. I think Seyfarth looked like he was up to it.

I reckon we just lost that game from going into our shell and the halves didn't fire. I think AD is starting to look really good.

I thought Douehi was really ordinary, caught out of position and number of times and just didn’t bring the ball back hard enough. I think he is a good player but his game against the coast was not good

stryker

First Grade
Yeah he is a myth and I said so last year.
If his team isnt stacked he has f**k all ideas.

Tigerm

First Grade
He ain’t out their running around with the footy. The only one to blame are the players. Madge has proven himself as a coach none of these players have proven themselves premiership winners (Grandpa Marshall excluded), in fact a fair percentage of them
Have not yet proven themselves as regular first graders
I've got nothing much against Madge, but I don't believe he has selected our best side (of course I don't know if they were available, e.g. Musgrove, Packer etc) and we are still persisting without a kicker. Benji is just not up to it, WTF we let Momo go is strange. Glad we got Grant though.
But anyway, I don't think it wrist slitting time yet.

gordynz

Juniors
To be able to tackle and close out games.
Over the course of 2019 and so far 2020 he's been near on our best player and has been MOTM for both of our wins this year. He closed out both of those wins perfectly. As for his D, he has more of a dig than the majority of halves, sure he might not be as technically sound but he has definitely improved in that area. Take a look back at that game on Sunday and you'll find that he aint the reason why we lost. Other individuals that have not been dropped made crucial errors in that second half that resulted in us losing.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yep problem is the coach. Same situation as Sheens, Potter, Taylor, Cleary and now Madge. If there has been one consistent flaw in the Tigers, it's definitely the coach - nothing else! I mean come on, Madge inherited an outstanding roster full of rep players and had absolutely zero issues with salary cap or recruitment. The fact that he was sacked from the Bunnies speaks volumes - just like all the other current inept head coaches who have been sacked in the past (Wayne Bennet, Des Hasler, Ricky Stuart etc).