What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Vote for next coach after Madge - possibles.

• Tooves

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cartwright

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Furner

• Dean Pay

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Another Assistant coach from top tier club

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Taylor (Rip)- New South Wales cup best coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madge with a fair pay cut.

• Gardiner (bears)- going ok with so so side

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bradford ( super league)- uber coach

• None of the above, I will nominate my own schmukles.

• Total voters

CAFPOW

Juniors
Cronk would be a nice addition to Madge's coaching staff. After all, Madge knew him from his Storm days :p

themacemaceman

Juniors
Who do you replace him with? Certainly no one better available.

If we were going to flick him we needed to do it before this year when we could have picked up Cleary. Now that horse has bolted.

There aren't any decent first grade coaches currently available and not really any young guys bashing on the door to be noticed like Madge was either.

Agree that he has probably reached the end of his tenure but the other options are thin on the ground.
Garth Brennan was a name being bandied about as a candidate for the knights job when Brownie got it.
Apparently the panthers thought highly of him back then and so did a few commentators.
Haven't heard him mention since.
Currently coaching panthers reserves with a 5-6 record.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Laurie Daley is an option.

Apparently, even if NSW win this year, there is no guarantee that he will be their coach next year.

Those close to him also say that he'd be keen for an NRL gig if the opportunity presented itself.
That could be a good option too.

There isn't a lot out there.

A lot of Souths members I know can't stand Toovey and don't want him. I'm not a fan of Toovey either.

Rabbits20

Immortal
No bensvillerabbit aka benny68 wont do that he knows R20 and Shadow talk real logical footy sense on here....Shadow...
I've been talking lots of footy talk lately so I've no idea what he's whining about.

On another note Shadow our assistant coach David Furner doesn't seem to have added much at all.

A few have said have him as head coach but we'd still get the same results imo due to a poor playing roster.

CAFPOW

Juniors
I am looking at the Melbourne Storm website. Surely, we need some of these Coaches, Consultants and Managers

Development Coaches
Defensive Consultant
Kicking and Catching Coach
Recruitment Manager
Recruitment Scout
Rehab Coach
Leadership Coach
Performance Coach of Strength
Performance Coach of Rehab and Rookies

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I've been talking lots of footy talk lately so I've no idea what he's whining about.

On another note Shadow our assistant coach David Furner doesn't seem to have added much at all.

A few have said have him as head coach but we'd still get the same results imo due to a poor playing roster.

r20 i still prefer madge than furner.....Shadow...

Rabbits20

Immortal
I am looking at the Melbourne Storm website. Surely, we need some of these Coaches, Consultants and Managers

Development Coaches
Defensive Consultant
Kicking and Catching Coach
Recruitment Manager
Recruitment Scout
Rehab Coach
Leadership Coach
Performance Coach of Strength
Performance Coach of Rehab and Rookies
Hold on that sense doesn't belong in here.

That sense doesn't belong at Souths either as you know.............

CAFPOW

Juniors
Hold on that sense doesn't belong in here.

That sense doesn't belong at Souths either as you know.............

Yeah. We gotta have a Kicking and Catching Coach. Sure, it's much more expensive than a Selley's Super Glue. But we have to do something.

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'll start by saying that i do agree that we need a fresh approach. It appears that maguire has become stale at souths and that the players have become deaf to him.

In saying that, if people think maguire is the only problem, and that replacing him is the silver bullet back to the top is badly misguided. The problems at souths run deeper then just maguires coaching.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'll start by saying that i do agree that we need a fresh approach. It appears that maguire has become stale at souths and that the players have become deaf to him.

In saying that, if people think maguire is the only problem, and that replacing him is the silver bullet back to the top is badly misguided. The problems at souths run deeper then just maguires coaching.

Even on the matty johns show Gordon Tallis identified us as unenthusiastic. He hasn't seen a forward besides Sam Burgess try to place a big hit on anybody.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
our team is shiiit its time to sack the dud 19 sammy gets no real support i love angus crichton i knew he was a good one as soon as i set eyes on him he reminded me a bit of ron coote they both have a similar aggressive tackling style and their running game is very similar too doyen would know what i mean........Shadow....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
our team is shiiit its time to sack the dud 19 sammy gets no real support i love angus crichton i knew he was a good one as soon as i set eyes on him he reminded me a bit of ron coote they both have a similar aggressive tackling style and their running game is very similar too doyen would know what i mean........Shadow....

I like fuimaono as well. Big unit and runs with purpose. We definitely need a player like him
On the edge.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
crichton is special i expect him to push for an aussie jumper one day i would like to see him have a crack in the centres though i doubt very much that fuimaono will ever wear an australian jumper im talking seniors here not juniors....Shadow...

Latest posts