What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maguire Might Not Choose Teddy This Year

BranVan3000

Coach
Until yesterday, he has been f**king awful since Origin last year. No thanks!
Nah he's been the only good forward with Murray for Souths for a long while now. He's just in a shit team.

Not that he is amazing every game but he's had one poor halfback after another every 3 weeks jumping in

He is statistically over every forward picked except Yeo and Haas in average meters and over all of them except Yeo, Haas and Jurbo in tackle efficiency

Munky

Coach
In origin, you need a minimum of two props on the bench. The starting backrowers in Origin should be able to play 80 minutes or don't pick them. I find it staggering that they picked three genuine backrowers on the bench when the two actual starting backrowers picked can play 80 minutes comfortably.

Pick mids and rotate them like f**k. Picking one is an absolute joke.

Jurbo isn't a prop either.

Spencer is good for fifteen minutes a game where if things are going well he absolutely destroys defensive line (especially if the opposition utility is on the field with the starting hooker).

If momentum turns then I don't know since Ivan used to yank him off the park the moment Penrith went on the back foot.

Danish

Referee
Surely Suaallii will play wing ?
The games I've seen him at center he can't read defence and can't pass it to a wide open winger.

Edwards is a great club footballer in the panthers system, I can't see him being any where the threat Teddy would have been.

This blues team is terrible, full of toilers with no game breakers.

QLD by 20+

you don’t think QLD will feel threatened by Edward’s unbelievable talent to make lots of kick returns metres?

Rod

Bench
I don't understand how Robson makes it over Koroisau.

Other than that the team could have been a lot worse, my expectations are that low after Freddy.

Woody90

Juniors
Edwards is a great club footballer in the panthers system, I can't see him being any where the threat Teddy would have been.

It’s all really a moot point isn’t it? People sitting here arguing Edwards vs. Tedesco when neither would go close to making the QLD fullback spot.

Doesn’t matter which one you pick, we’re going to get slaughtered.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
It’s all really a moot point isn’t it? People sitting here arguing Edwards vs. Tedesco when neither would go close to making the QLD fullback spot.

The game features both attack and defence. Dyl shits on Walsh

Woody90

Juniors
That's not a reason to not pick him. NSW only need to worry about winning the next game and if the coach and selectors think he gives them the best chance of doing that then he should be picked.

Having said that, I wouldn't have him in the team but not for that reason.

I mainly wouldn’t have him because he’s average…but the fact that he’s off to union makes it an even weirder choice for mine.

Yosh

Coach
Big fan of Yeo coming off the bench as a prop. Don't think Spencer should be there though, better options for bench prop. I'm happy enough to see Edwards get a run, deserves it.

Wish we had Cleary....

Valheru

Coach

Lol what?

Teddy is still the Australian fullback

Valheru

Coach
I mainly wouldn’t have him because he’s average…but the fact that he’s off to union makes it an even weirder choice for mine.
The first part is fine and the only reason he should not be picked.

Him going to union is totally irrelevant.

mozza91

Coach
I don’t have a problem with Suaali being in the side but I’d prefer him on the wing and would’ve picked JAC ahead of him.

I don’t have a problem with Lomax being in the side. If that side’s the Knights NSW Cup team and we need a below average goal kicker.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Lenin off the bench is going to be massive. Bloke has been an absolute weapon for the Roosters this year.
the simpsons art GIF by hoppip

Latest posts