What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail....Coaching Restructure!

spider

Coach
Snoop Shark said:
U would think they would learn a lesson

You could only wish so Snoop - but its like kicking a dog in the ass when it pisses inside - it will do it again, but when it thinks your not looking.

Michelle Leslie

Juniors
so many misguided opinions on here I reckon.

Does anyone on here even remotely knnow the difference between an assistant coach and the first grade coach in the NRL?????

I would love to hear what people think???

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Michelle Leslie said:
so many misguided opinions on here I reckon.

Does anyone on here even remotely knnow the difference between an assistant coach and the first grade coach in the NRL?????

I would love to hear what people think???

Look at the all blacks structure. Graham Henry has at least too astute ex all blacks, one an ex head all black coach, as assistants.

Breadman

Juniors
Would the board want the fact that they have had to pay out their last 2 coaches hanging over their head? I wouldn't think so, maybe thats why they'll keep him on and pretend he was useful in his last year

beekershark said:
And another thing.

Everyone at the club is saying that Adrian Lam has been basically running the show this season anyway correct ? Even players say as much and have said as much in the press.......

So bearing in mind our horrible form in the second half of the year....is Adrian Lam really the answer ? if he's been running the show....the show aint been getting very good reviews !?

I thought they were saying Lam has been doing the one-on-one coaching. Stuey has still been responsible for selections and game plans etc.

fizman

Bench
I don't have an opinion on JT either way just yet. I think his time at Souths next year will be more indicative of his abilities than what he is doing now.

beekershark

Bench
Bastard_Squad said:
I thought they were saying Lam has been doing the one-on-one coaching. Stuey has still been responsible for selections and game plans etc.

No, the word is " he's been running the show"- but......as they say BS.......

That's no scoop !

:lol: :lol:

OmniShark

Juniors
PJ said:
I agree Dread, get rid of him.
Offers nothing but the opportunity to white ant if he is still around the joint. If he is being shafted, and about f@cking time, then do it fully.
Last thing Lam will need is Nuffy stirring up trouble from within the club when the losses start.
Frenzy. said:
Bandaid solution. I don't want him having ANY say at all in the football team.
Completely agree 100%, making a clean cut now is the only way to move forward

We're up for the $300K regardless, so why have him around as a clueless negative influence ?

Sheros los Deros said:
No coach can do much better with our current squad.
Disagree 100%, our squad could potentially have delivered much more over the past 2 years under a coach
with strong people mgmt skills, a decent game plan, intelligence/flexibility rather than ignorance/denial etc etc

Is our recruitment program a shambles - yes (and there's a fair bit of cause & effect wrt the coach here as well)
But did Raper deliver a team where each player played to his potential - definitely not !!!

Sideline Eye said:
Lam was running the show early on in the season until Roper changed it....and downwards we went.

I guess its easy for people to assume that this changing of the guard (so to speak) co-incided with the slump. But I'd be interested to hear what it is you believed Raper changed, SLE? I'm guessing this "change" took place before the losses started.

PJ

First Grade
As bad as Ando left us, Raper is leaving us worse.

Not only have we lost most talented first graders, Nuffy has also cleared out most of the talented youngsters

Macca

Coach
I don't think it's totally wrong. Looks like a restructure is definately on the cards. Whether that means Raper will be head coach or not is another story.

Bundy

Juniors
Yeah thats what I'm talking about Macca. A restructure os similar may well be on the cards and could be a good move if carried out correctly. But I don't think Raper will be made coaching co-ordinator. The reasoning just doesn't add up. If he is being moved from head coach because he isn't up to the job for whatever reason, he wouldn't be moved into a job of similar or more responsibilty. If the co-ordinators role was in dealing with all grades, possibly even juniors then IMO that would equally or more important than head coach. The title doesn't really lend itself to a sideways movement in management structure.

Latest posts