What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Announcement tomorrow

Fire

First Grade
Something to do with your stadium.

Either you're moving or it's getting an upgrade or something.

The presence of Luke Kelly and Willie Tonga intrigues me.

The Stadium thing makes the most senses.....but....an indigenous scholarship or something as well?

Or is Greenberg going to announce that we are calling for tenders for the NRL franchise?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Something to do with your stadium.

Either you're moving or it's getting an upgrade or something.

Sounds exactly right.

But what the heck are they doing re: the timing of big announcements??? Pretty sure the appropriate day of the week is Wednesday....

Greenberg will just announce a salary cap exemption to allow Izzy to join the Bulldogs. Cheating merkin just wants to run our noses in it hence the announcement on our turf.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It mentions The PIRTEK Parramatta Eels in the title, maybe we are going back with Pirtek again???

They are our sponsors to the end of the season, and so they ought to get naming rights at all our "exciting announcements" until they're done.

Personally I hope we never associate with them again unless they pay double what anyone else is offering. Too much drama resulted from that association

They are our sponsors to the end of the season, and so they ought to get naming rights at all our "exciting announcements" until they're done.

Personally I hope we never associate with them again unless they pay double what anyone else is offering. Too much drama resulted from that association

You're probably right, but Duncan was the only bloke on the Board who seemed to think that it was inappropriate that the CEO owed money to the Chair....I'd have quite on the spot.

oldmancraigy

Coach
You're probably right, but Duncan was the only bloke on the Board who seemed to think that it was inappropriate that the CEO owed money to the Chair....I'd have quite on the spot.

I wouldn't be quiet about it, I'd kwit on the spot!

Having said that, you don't know what else was going on, and Duncan's story was all that got told there - no surprise it seems to be in his favour...