What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make or Break over next few weeks

i think a lot of the uncertainty is due to the lyon circus the club is hanging off making offers to players so if they don't get him they can give them more money and/or keep some players they would otherwise have released

StEely Matt

Juniors
spiderdan said:
this weekend is really gonna test us.

timana, hindy and gu2 all out.

a number of players have had their minds on where they will be next year rather than focussing on playing this year.

apparently while the side was in camp big dean widders spent a lot of time on the phone speaking with souths officials.

hopefully he and john morris can just focus on playing now that they have their futures set.

since when are timana, hindy and grothe out? I thought they were listed on the team sheet??

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
yeah, if only we knew what the f**k is going on..

it's a good thread this because Bigfella is feeling what all of us are feeling at the moment, I understand the sense of confusion, frustration and uncertainty that surrounds all of us with the way the club has conducted business regarding their playing roster for next year, it's been unusual and intrigueing to say the least.

The club is taking a different tact to the Smith regime where negotiations with players was far more transparent than this year where even if you were slightly "in the know" you could get sense of what direction and players the club are chasing, this year is definitely not the case, one example is the fact that even people as high up as the chairman don't know what players are being looked at or even signed for that matter, it's an unusual situation but one that I still believe could come up with the right results despite the apparent comments of John Morris, who revealed that the club will lose a number of players with the way they are conducting negotiations another way to look at it is I guess how do you tell a player you don't want them?

To add to the intrigue I was told by a source as recently as last night that things are right on track to get the recruitments we want and the squad we need to be competative. again, I've said it before and I'll say it again, we'll see what transpires from this but at the same time it doesn't mean we shouldn't be biting our finger nails with the anticipation of media releases in the coming week or 2,

it's certainly a nervous time.

That is what disappoints me. I believe the club is taking the wrong approach by playing these games behind closed doors. They have nothing to gain and it's just going to make people more and more frustrated.

yy_cheng

Coach
since when are timana, hindy and grothe out? I thought they were listed on the team sheet??

em checkout the date of his post. It was for the game against the raiders. SOO players didn't play