What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mal Meninga or Laurie Daley

We all have our issues with Furner as head coach do you reckon one of these guys would be a better coach for the raiders? i know mal has already had a stint but i wouldnt mind seeing one of these two guys be our current coach or have been the coach to replace henry
random thread imo but just interested in peoples thoughts especially Daley as he is currently country coach.

Cryptic

Juniors
Um... None of the above... Meninga and Daley may do OK at rep level but that's because it's more about getting the team together than it is the set plays and picking what to train on... That's what they do week in and week out at their own clubs...

schnitzel

Juniors
Daley is on a good wicket with Fox Sports and so is mal with QLD. Probably don't need the money or the headache. Ricky Stuart or Craig bellamy are more realistic chances.

trev

Juniors
I think Laurie would be good as a halves 'mentor', similar to what Andrew Johns does with other clubs.

Mal is in contention for the St Helens gig.
I personally dont see him as an NRL coach
as for Laurie , he is an unkown , therefore if we are going to get a new coach ( not suggesting we should ) then we need one who has had coaching experience at NRL level eg Steve Folkes.

Cryptic

Juniors
Stuart is NOT a coach we want to touch with a 100 metre pole... He is useless...