What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maloney

SilentOne

Juniors
honestly why kick a field goal? It's the most negative thing to do in rugby league unless it's do draw level or win in extra time. even then I hate it.

you can't f**k off to the roosters soon enough.

kos

Juniors
Small beer. Didnt lose us the game. Our edge defence was crap -Omar and Billy, and we lost our way ...again when Ben, Rusty and Feleti were off.

Iafeta

Referee
Horror play, but he certainly wasn't helped by Lillyman's error and the absolute lunacy of Bill Tupou's defence. If you could single out three blokes who ought to be scolded by the coach (not that he will), its Lillyman for that error and some soft hit ups, Tupou for soft as hell hit ups and absolutely diabolical defence, and Slaimankhel for much the same and gifting them a try.

Meth

Staff member
Lillyman's error was the turning point of the game for mine.

MKEB...

Staff member
Moving this thread back to Maloney...

I Had no problem with the field goal...but where was hw for the rest of the game?

vvvrulz

Coach
Everyone is going to dig into Maloney and Topou, but however poor they were pretty much the whole team was terrible for 50 minutes. No one should be excused except Matulino and Packer.

JoeD

First Grade
No issue with FG but went missing and was plain shyte for 65 minutes of the game.

Juju

Juniors
Lewis Brown has turned to crud since he's signed elsewhere.

We may as well turn this thread in to a moaning thread about the players that are annoying us.

_addict

Juniors
Maloney started out pretty well with some reasonable kicks at the end of the set (or a little earlier), but then it softened to average, then fell to pieces altogether. The field goal wasn't a problem, but everything afterward was diabolical.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No issue with the field goal. It should have taken us to halftime.

I have so much issue with the coaching and management of this team. We have a club that blew smoke up their arse with a press conference during the week that trumpeted something a whole of clubs are already doing, when the side is outside the 8, coached by someone not up to the job, having sold a player that we are still paying for - and is guiding a side towards a minor premiership, if not a title - and countless other things.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I have no issue with the field goal, if anything it kept us in the game for 1 extra try, which is the whole point (no pun.....).

I do have an issue with Maloney being a clueless gumby and the most overrated player in the club's history, Lillyman getting a rep for tough hit-ups from....soft hit-ups, Tupou being useless etc, but I've already copped enough of a roasting for these thoughts throughout the week.

Aragorn

First Grade
I have no issue with the field goal, if anything it kept us in the game for 1 extra try, which is the whole point (no pun.....).

I do have an issue with Maloney being a clueless gumby and the most overrated player in the club's history, Lillyman getting a rep for tough hit-ups from....soft hit-ups, Tupou being useless etc, but I've already copped enough of a roasting for these thoughts throughout the week.

I find it hard to give you any credibility with your username....you really should consider changing it. ;-):lol:

jaseg

Juniors
Lillyman's error was the turning point of the game for mine.

This. But can't blame Maloney for that - the FG should have taken us safely to halftime. Didn't think that was an altogether bad play. Other areas of his game were once again disappointing, though.

Bill Tupou can piss off right now, to be honest - I have time for Slaimankhel for a variety of reasons, but Tupou has worn my patience. He does not deserve to be a first grade winger.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
For me Omar is a perfect example of why we should be making better use of the Vulcans. We can't expect to just pluck these guys from NYC and have them compete at NRL level.

Tupou is Tupou, it's hard to see him getting much better. His ability is fairly limited and a limited winger without express pace and poor defensive reads is a bit of an issue.

He's there because Manu has those occasional shockers that make Tupou look solid by comparison and also encourages the opposition to keep attacking Manu instead of him. It's the same reason everyone was content with Henry at centre, compared to Ropati he was a defensive dynamo, and again the opposition were less likely to target him when they had Ropati/Manu opening the floodgates on the other side.

We've dug ourselves a hole in regards to outside backs. Cleary started it by overloading us with backrowers and Bluey has compounded it by releasing Inu. The NYC wingers look promising (not Likiliki, the less said about that crap the better), but I don't see promoting more NYC players to make their debut as an option.

vvvrulz

Coach
Tupou is Tupou, it's hard to see him getting much better. His ability is fairly limited and a limited winger without express pace and poor defensive reads is a bit of an issue.

A poor as Topou is, I still think there is some pace in him but he simply is never there to gobble up a half break. Omar had space and showed no gas whatsoever, couldn't outrun anybody.

He tries, but I don't understand the Omar hype.

Latest posts