What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maloney

Blair

Coach
Maloney is an Aussie and cops it because of that.
I thought his kicking over 60% of the game was great. He did not lose us the game or Manu.
It was Blueys rotation of players the lateness in Auckland time/bed time and our defence on Tupous side that caused the loss.
Not good for my blood pressure watching the boys give up good leads.
Anyone know when Sammy Rapira/Steve Rapira/Ropati are back, have we got anyone to replace Tupou..........are Omar/Fish over their injuries.
i think we are a couple of quality players short in our back line.........maybe Inu should have been kept........he might have owned Matai like he did in last years GF.....but we will never know.

I'm not sure about Steve R, but it was quoted in this week's SMH that Sam R is back Rd 24 and Ropati's gone for season.

Luck's due back next week and we might be able to give him a bit of a send-off. Poor Maloney had to do a lot of defending against Williams in the middle of the park, that's an obvious mismatch and Maloney did good.

Maybe we're bagging Maloney to make us feel better about losing him? I think an overwhelming majority of Warriors supporters would have preferred he stayed with us.

Inu tallied another 16 points tonight, including a try from a bomb. Nielson looked average at best last night against the Dragons.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
You think so? I didn't see it that way. He was much better allround tonight than last week.

Kicked 3/4 too.

Notice when the chips were down he did the talking too, Manu was no captain tonight.

Maybe he should try tackling more and talking less.

jaseg

Juniors
Rubbish. I'm the first to rip into Maloney when he has a bad game (and he's had quite a few this season) - but he didn't have a particularly bad one yesterday. His kicking was quite good, and although he missed his usual quota of tackles he also made a couple of good defensive reads. Hurrell/Tupou (although that really reads as Bluey/Tupou, given Hurrell's obvious injury-related movement issues) were the real culprits on that side.

And don't forget Johnson bombing a sure thing to put the game away a few minutes before the final whistle. That was frustrating.