What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man of the match

Breathingfire

Juniors
Vidot was great. He made some fantastic yards at some crucial moments in that match. He is a very good player for the Red V

64 Dragon

Coach
Vidot was great. He made some fantastic yards at some crucial moments in that match. He is a very good player for the Red V

Still can't wait to see him get into the clear. He is forced to go looking for the ball in midfield, which does not seem to be a problem for him. He is big enough to take the ball up consistently. If we ever get two real, inform centres in the team our backline should start to fire.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Undoubtedly MOM
Jason Nightingale
images

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Still can't wait to see him get into the clear. He is forced to go looking for the ball in midfield, which does not seem to be a problem for him. He is big enough to take the ball up consistently. If we ever get two real, inform centres in the team our backline should start to fire.
Agree with you re Vidot. Was thinking the same thing myself....we havnt really seen him in open space yet....as I said before yesterdays game I think we will be happy with him and Latimore (whos fitting in better with every game)....guess we will wait and see.

Breathingfire

Juniors
I think Daniel Vidot is Price's first piece of really astute recruiting. In the same way that Bennett gave us Weyman and co. Vidot is the real deal! I am a huge fan...its like having another backrower in the team the way he carts the ball forward. He has a huge engine and plays with his heart on his sleeve which I love. I get the feeling he is really committed to the club they way he carries himself on the field. There was a period in the match where we earned a penalty and Anasta tried to slow the play down and Vidot snatched the ball off him. Its these little things that are an important part of the contest, particularly in a tight game.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Soward I thought was fairly average. I expected a lot more to be honest. A couple of nice runs in the first half and some decent defence but overall his kicking game was pretty poor. When that's your main weapon and it's off then it's hard to really be in the game and make an impact.
Nightingale was brilliant (as usual)...Rein and vidot were excellent. But ben hornby controlled things beautifully. Up front I thought weyman and merrin were great. Creagh wet good. Whilst he scored a try I am still yet to see matt prior do anything worthy of first grade selection. Anyone could have scored that try so people shouldn't be claiming that as a Matt prior inspired play.

All in all great escape victory.

64 Dragon

Coach
Soward I thought was fairly average. I expected a lot more to be honest. A couple of nice runs in the first half and some decent defence but overall his kicking game was pretty poor. When that's your main weapon and it's off then it's hard to really be in the game and make an impact.
Nightingale was brilliant (as usual)...Rein and vidot were excellent. But ben hornby controlled things beautifully. Up front I thought weyman and merrin were great. Creagh wet good. Whilst he scored a try I am still yet to see matt prior do anything worthy of first grade selection. Anyone could have scored that try so people shouldn't be claiming that as a Matt prior inspired play.

All in all great escape victory.

Hornby did lead the team well. I still have one criticism of his game. His tendency to give his outside men the ball when they have two or three defenders right on top of them. I am sure he could re-think this tactic and take the tackle himself or turn the ball back inside for someone else. It's almost as if the opposition know when and where the pass is going to go.

Latest posts