What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man U of the NRL

Estoboy

Juniors
thats us!

and it only took 13 months to get here!

If this WAS Man U, heads would be rolling from the CEO down.
At least our defence is pretty damn good!
-16 is fantastic for four straight

bjm8

Juniors
What the hell are you trying to say?

Everytime you start a Man U thread i yawn a little louder. How many is it now?

Mong Chariot

Juniors
Estoboy said:
thats us!

Go make a flag.

innsaneink

Referee
I bet Noyce wishes he kept his trap shut that day, talk about getting caught up in the hype.

weasel

First Grade
The Brisbane Broncos offer a pretty good NRL comparison to Manchester United, imho. This thread has me completely baffled, I can't see any connection between Tigers and Man Poo at all. :-s

I wouldn't usually come into your team forum but I saw this thread on the front page of the forums and thought I'd have a peek.

braz

Juniors
After we won the comp, our ceo said he wanted to build a dynasty and be a successful club each year like what man u are in the epl.

Don't see what the issue is. Maybe the bloke that started this thread would prefer our ceo to say,

"look we'll do our best. maybe miss the 8 by a couple of wins and lose a couple of our stars. oh and we might increase our off field scandals also."

Nothing wrong with setting high goals IMO.

innsaneink

Referee
braz said:
After we won the comp, our ceo said he wanted to build a dynasty and be a successful club each year like what man u are in the epl.

Don't see what the issue is. Maybe the bloke that started this thread would prefer our ceo to say,

"look we'll do our best. maybe miss the 8 by a couple of wins and lose a couple of our stars. oh and we might increase our off field scandals also."

Nothing wrong with setting high goals IMO.

In hindsight, something in between the two might have been better.

colonel_123

Juniors
Estoboy said:
thats us!

To be fair to Noyce, I think the administrative areas he was referring to, such as having the highest crowd average in Sydney, increasing sponsorship revenue and having the best merchandise sales in Sydney, have remained strong since the grand final. Not Man U strong, but in a crowded Sydney market with a poor performing team, strong none the less.

On the field I think it was just assumed that if the club kept Marshall, Farah, Fulton, Gibbs, Halatau, Harrison, Collis, etc together then they'd remain successful on the field. Unfortunately, Prince left unexpectedly, Marshall and Fulton missed almost all of 2006, while Gibbs, Halatau and Farah played much of last year with injuries and some.

Granted there have been mistakes of planning since that time and maybe more could have been done to prevent off field incidents, but there have been a lot of unforeseen problems as well that you can't really blame Noyce for.