What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Management

Raider_69

Post Whore
No you email him .. you seem to be quite chummy with him .. get back to me with his answer will ya. Can you also ask what qualifications Donny had when he was given err err offered the job.

No need for me to ask him, its not an answer i wish to know. If i did, id ask him. Thats the difference between you and i.

Btw Nick what do you classify as a "good job" ... does performance or lack of performance on the football field come into the equation or just the fact that they can organise a good piss-up at the QLC.
Management is responsible for putting together a team of players capible of being successful, they've done that imo, and the storm game a few weeks is proof that when we get our sh*t together we can play as good as any in the comp. Why this isnt occuring more consistantly, that is due to the coaching staff and players. Management dont come up with the game plans or excute them.

And if our on-field performance doesnt improve in say the next 5 years would you still consider they are doing a "good job".
If the side is capible of being successful then yes, if the performance doesnt improve ill question the job of the players and coach. If Management dont give the coach or player group sufficient talent to work with, then ill lay the blame at their feet.

Can you also give me some examples of where these answers that you get from management would make me look foolish.
This post will suffice for the time being.

Bay56

First Grade
This post will suffice for the time being.

No, some examples please ...

Btw ... so I own a business that manufactures watches and I employ people that not only cant put together a decent watch but the foreman cant tell the time ... I then deliver these malfunctioning watches to clients ... they complain and I blame the workers.

So you believe that management has put together a side capable of being successful based on the performance against the Storm but blame the coaching staff and players for other performances ... I see so they take the credit but none of the criticism ... geez luv a job like that with all the power but no responsibility.

I suspect that in a couple of years time the not so impressionable Nick will have two more years experience of life under his belt (equating to 10% of his life which exponentially equates to approx 17.85%).

#-o

Ok, let's use your example as a watch manufacturing company :|

Now if somebody has a problem with the... watches.. they will air their concern by contacting the.... watch company...

If you have some deep concerns, air them directly to management... It's not like they are hard to get in contact with...

An email takes 5 minutes to type and send...Or if you want to talk face to face there is a post match after every home game..

It's not like you have to travel to some high mountain peak in India to get in contact with them..

Raider_69

Post Whore
Btw ... so I own a business that manufactures watches and I employ people that not only cant put together a decent watch but the foreman cant tell the time ... I then deliver these malfunctioning watches to clients ... they complain and I blame the workers.

Correct, and then its up to you to do whats in your power to rectify the employment issues

So maybe what you would do is look at an employee in the most important sector of watch making, an employee who has represented his country, perhaps his name is Trent Barrett. Perhaps you've realised that you're watch factory needs some young blood to lead his bigger, dopey fellow employees around the factory, maybe you look at hiring a bloke by the name of Stuart Flannagan, a highly sought after watch maker

or maybe you look to elect to fire a bloke who spends more time on compo then he does making watches, perhaps his name is Michael Weyman, and you look hire someone who is young, mobile durable and a potential future rep watch makers... say theirs name are David Shillington or Chris Heingington.

Maybe you're watch factor is missing an intimdating watch maker who has unique skills, perhaps you rectify this buy attempting to poach a Mickey Paea from another factory.

Or what about retaining some highly sought after watch makers, you recognise that your factory is struggling for quality watch makers, so rivals try to move in on chief watch maker Todd Carney and Adrian Purtell... despite more money being offered elsewhere and more talent to play with, somehow you convince them to stay with your factory... thats a fair effort IMO. Sadly your factory loses one of its young guns to another factory, a watch maker you poached years ago from the QLD system and after some langthy compo time, he feels he wants to make watches closer to his family so he elects to move back to the QLD watch making industry. So in response you step up talks and get another good young watch maker signed on, lets say their names are William Zillman and Bronx Goodwin respectively ;)

Id say you're doing as good a job for your factory as you can

Bay56

First Grade
#-o

Ok, let's use your example as a watch manufacturing company :|

Now if somebody has a problem with the... watches.. they will air their concern by contacting the.... watch company...

I dont have the time :)

I should though cause I keep on buying watches from the same place knowing that the chances are they will be faulty.

Bay have you ever heard of the saying "If you want something done right you have to do it yourself".

No point getting Nick to ask questions for ya. ;-)

Bay56

First Grade
Correct, and then its up to you to do whats in your power to rectify the employment issues

So maybe what you would do is look at an employee in the most important sector of watch making, an employee who has represented his country, perhaps his name is Trent Barrett. Perhaps you've realised that you're watch factory needs some young blood to lead his bigger, dopey fellow employees around the factory, maybe you look at hiring a bloke by the name of Stuart Flannagan, a highly sought after watch maker

or maybe you look to elect to fire a bloke who spends more time on compo then he does making watches, perhaps his name is Michael Weyman, and you look hire someone who is young, mobile durable and a potential future rep watch makers... say theirs name are David Shillington or Chris Heingington.

Maybe you're watch factor is missing an intimdating watch maker who has unique skills, perhaps you rectify this buy attempting to poach a Mickey Paea from another factory.

Or what about retaining some highly sought after watch makers, you recognise that your factory is struggling for quality watch makers, so rivals try to move in on chief watch maker Todd Carney and Adrian Purtell... despite more money being offered elsewhere and more talent to play with, somehow you convince them to stay with your factory... thats a fair effort IMO. Sadly your factory loses one of its young guns to another factory, a watch maker you poached years ago from the QLD system and after some langthy compo time, he feels he wants to make watches closer to his family so he elects to move back to the QLD watch making industry. So in response you step up talks and get another good young watch maker signed on, lets say their names are William Zillman and Bronx Goodwin respectively ;)

Id say you're doing as good a job for your factory as you can

Sounds like a great plan there Nick.

Unfortunately our watch factory is under Work Choices legislation and all workers get the same amount ... leaves little room to employ marquee watchmakers that make all the difference in the watch making industry.

Hopefully the ineffciencies of this once great watch making factory doesnt result in it being moved off-shore.

Bay56

First Grade
Bay have you ever heard of the saying "If you want something done right you have to do it yourself".

No point getting Nick to ask questions for ya. ;-)

Dude I dont have to ask any questions ... the watch doesnt keep time properly simple as that ... I'm just a sucker for the colour so i keep on buying them in the hope that one day I'll have a watch that I can really be proud of.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I agree, but it seems he was a good enough watch maker for the best factory in the world to feel they need his services, a factory that are not in the business of hiring dummys and a factory that very very rarely fail to get a man they want.

For some reason they thought adrian purtell was someone they needed. And our management convince him to turn his back on an offer to play footy... err make watches under Craig Bellamy and the reigning pre... i mean watch making champions.

Purtell is also a valued pla.. I mean watch maker who has been at the club for 7 years.. In that time he has showed consistent improvement in his development.... of watch making.... and has thus been rewarded with a contract extension so he can try cement his spot in the starting.... top line watch making team..

:?

Bay56

First Grade
The problem with Adrian Purtell the so called chief watch maker is that he lets to many watches slip through his fingers and onto the factory floor ... for every good watch he makes another has to be thrown in the bin.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I agree, but he must be doing something right if melbourne and craig bellamy were interested enough to table a fair offer at him

they are no mugs, and they dont tend to sign too many mugs either.

Bay56

First Grade
I dont need Craig Bellamy to tell me that Purtell is a good watchmaker .. er er player.

I've seen him play and I'll make my own judgement ... from the first time I saw him some two seasons ago he has not changed ... weak in defence but can run through a gap given good service by his inside man.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Just quietly I recon Craig Bellamy is probably a better judge of watch makers then you or i could ever dream of being bay... well you at least, me and him both saw the watch making potential of ben cross :D

dubby

Bench
Just quietly I recon Craig Bellamy is probably a better judge of watch makers then you or i could ever dream of being bay... well you at least, me and him both saw the watch making potential of ben cross :D

Yeah Ben Cross really inspired me tonite :sarcasm: