What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Managing Expectations

After compiling a win streak of 4 in a row, we fell to a big Warriors pack that made very few mistakes.

Our team was flat both physically and emotionally after two heavyweight physical encounters with Newcastle and Parra.

The team is a work in progress and needs our support.

So far they have given 100% each 80 minutes.

They will get better as the season progresses.

As the Calm One would say, patience.

I see us battling somewhere between 7th and 11th provided injuries don’t ruin our season.

Very happy with the effort so far and the realistic approach taken by Hook.

Go the red V!!!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
After compiling a win streak of 4 in a row, we fell to a big Warriors pack that made very few mistakes.

Our team was flat both physically and emotionally after two heavyweight physical encounters with Newcastle and Parra.

The team is a work in progress and needs our support.

So far they have given 100% each 80 minutes.

They will get better as the season progresses.

As the Calm One would say, patience.

I see us battling somewhere between 7th and 11th provided injuries don’t ruin our season.

Very happy with the effort so far and the realistic approach taken by Hook.

Go the red V!!!
They will always get our support win or lose...yes we might get frustrated and disappointed on many occassions but as long as they have a crack then thats all we can ask....when we get our shape and committment together we can match it with the best ala the first 40 mins against The Eels....as you rightly say we are a work in progress but after years out in the wilderness we naturally want a quick fix and most just dont want to wait but unfortunately it will take time...we still need some added thrust in the engine room but hopefully that is taking shape in the future.....Ive mention ad nauseam that we must stop giving away these cheap penalties in the shape of 6 again....it just kills over 80 minutes and is taken into next weeks game as far as fitness goes.....I realistically think we can make the 8 albeit in the bottom section...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
One of my expectations under Hook & Co was tjat we cpmpeted for the full 80 mins each game, win, lose or draw.
So far that expectation has been met. It is however, a very long season and we are only a quarter of the way through it, a lot can happen.

My new 'expectation' surrounds recruitement & retention and it is based on the above. Those who put in and give their all should be retained along with those 'doing the job asked of them'.
So far, Hook seems to have pulled the right reigns regarding recruitement.

possm

Coach
I still believe we will be in the top 4. The addition of McGuire is only a plus towards that end. Hook has shown that those who under perform will be dropped e.g. Merin so, I expect the make up of the 17 will change over the next few weeks.

FlameThrower

Bench
I still believe we will be in the top 4. The addition of McGuire is only a plus towards that end. Hook has shown that those who under perform will be dropped e.g. Merin so, I expect the make up of the 17 will change over the next few weeks.
Do you think we can squeeze out Storm, Panthers, South’s, Roosters or the Raiders from making top 4. Are we any better than any of those teams....I don’t think so.
If we can slip into Top 8, it will be a bonus, but we need to be realistic as well....

Crush

Coach
I think everyone is entitled to their own expectations. Nobody needs to tell others to “pull their head in” or to “manage expectations”.
If Possm expects us to finish top 4 then that’s how he feels, so be it.
If others expectations are for us just to compete for 80 then that’s fine.

My expectations are changing as the season goes on. After winning 4 from 5 I now want wins. I’m not happy with just competing, my expectations are making the 8 and challenging teams in the finals.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think everyone is entitled to their own expectations. Nobody needs to tell others to “pull their head in” or to “manage expectations”.
If Possm expects us to finish top 4 then that’s how he feels, so be it.
If others expectations are for us just to compete for 80 then that’s fine.

My expectations are changing as the season goes on. After winning 4 from 5 I now want wins. I’m not happy with just competing, my expectations are making the 8 and challenging teams in the finals.
Pull ya head in!

giboz71

First Grade
To be fair, we have a bottom 8 roster. We're currently being led around by a NSW Cup half in Clune, an incomplete fullback in Dufty, a rookie winger in Ramsey who's had less than 10 games and fringe first graders on our bench (Alvaro, Merrin, Ellis and Wiliame).

We've done well as the new coach has everyone playing to the best of their ability which is all we can ask for.

But in a fair fight, if all sides are playing to their optimum, we don't make the 8, pure and simple. Sides like the Storm, Penrith, Roosters and Souths will lap us all thing being equal (if you compare rosters).

If we do happen to sneak into the 8, it will be a monumental performance.