What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly and the Storm run home

sheet_ed

Juniors
I looked at the 2 top teams and thought about both advantages they have at their respective home grounds - The run home is as follows:

MANLY
15 HOME Bulldogs Brookvale Oval
16 AWAY Dragons Oki Jubilee Stadium
17 HOME Roosters Brookvale Oval
18 HOME Tigers Brookvale Oval
19 AWAY Sharks Toyota Park
20 AWAY Eels Parramatta Stadium
21 AWAY Broncos Suncorp Stadium
22 HOME Knights Bluetongue Stadium
23 AWAY Souths Telstra Stadium
24 AWAY Warriors Mt Smart Stadium
25 HOME Knights Brookvale Oval

(4 at Brookvale - one a Bluetongue doesn't give any advantage)

STORM

15 HOME Dragons Olympic Park
16 BYE
17 AWAY Souths Bluetongue Stadium
18 HOME Knights Olympic Park
19 HOME Raiders Olympic Park
20 AWAY Roosters Aussie Stadium
21 AWAY Sharks Toyota Park
22 HOME Broncos Olympic Park
23 HOME Eels Olympic Park
24 AWAY Bulldogs Telstra Stadium
25 HOME Tits Olympic Park

(6 at Olympic Park + 1 Bye)

Methinks the minor premiership could be ours again :)

If Orford is injured we will play Manly in the GF otherwise my money is on the Tigers.

Ice777

Bench
We certainly have the easier run home, Manly play 6 of their last 7 away from Brookvale so it's hardly the most ideal draw on the home stretch. We should win the minor premiership which is a great achievement 2 years in a row if we do win it but as well know it means sweet FA in the big scheme of things.

We should make the GF and if we do i'm struggling to pick one side we'll play. The teams mentioned already are obviously a big chance but i also wouldn't rule out Parra. Anyway there's i loooong way to go until the big one and to use the old cliche' we'll just take it one week at a time ;-)

Dutchy

Immortal
You guys will get the MP, even of we don finish on even pts, you will get it on F/A

Only us and you deserve a chance at the major prem..hope it turns out that way

Lowdown

Juniors
Manly have no chance of beating the Storm to the Minor Premiership.

6 away games in a row - including Brisbane @ Suncorp, Sharks @ Shark Park, Eels @ Parra and Warriors @ Auckland.

Storm face an easier run, with plenty of home games. Good chance of beating their 20-4 record of last year me thinks - barring no more injuries - but that matters little.

However, they are still the major threat to the big show. I can't see anyone else other than a Storm or Manly premier based on current form.

Brisbane will remain to be the dark horses for obvious reasons and they will make the 8 - no doubt about it. Hopefully, they finish 7th - and not 8th!

chileman

Coach
I was happy with Manly finishing in the top 4 at the start of the season, now I'd take 2nd no worries as I think the Storms for and against will be hard to track down......but I don't think the Tigers or the Cowboys will make the GF....I think the biggest danger to the Storm and Manly is dare I say it.....the Broncos!