What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly are pretenders

Will be interesting to see if Glenn Stewart plays again this season and if so, what kind of impact he adds after such a long period out of the game.

An alarming stat is that they were held tryless for the last 50 minutes of last nights match against the Eels and also for the last 75 minutes against Souths.

For a team with close to the best backline in the comp and in particular the best halves combination, it just shows how bad their forwards are going.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
It's still the same pack that did this but boy for the first time in a long time they wilted under pressure and stayed down like the other weak teams I thought they had always distanced themselves from.

Have you ever seen Steve Matai play? He is the softest player in the NRL. Almost every week he goes down and has a cry for mummy.

roofromoz

First Grade
Aw shit. Manly will probably 'pretend' their way to a 30+ point thumping next Sunday now...

--Storm--

Juniors
Manly are safe for the minor premiership; Souths have choked again just like last year against the Roosters.

Red Bear

Referee
Manly's spine and centres are of the highest quality. I think there's some question marks on their forward pack - it's still pretty good, I just don't think it is as good as previous seasons. Write Manly off at your peril though, I'm far from a fan of them but they've been very good for a long time

nomis88

Juniors
Obviously a team on top of the table that includes Stewart,Lyon,Foran, Cherry-Evans and Watmough etc are pretenders.!

Valheru

Coach
Write off Manly at your own peril.

They have had a little slump in recent weeks but that is nothing out of the ordinary for top teams at this time of year. They will be ready to go by finals.