What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Building Nicely

Valheru

Coach
Lol “setback after setback”, it must be hard having the video ref give you those 1 percenters all the time.

Patorick

Staff member
Lol “setback after setback”, it must be hard having the video ref give you those 1 percenters all the time.
Especially last year at Brookie against Souths.

And Mark Gasnier's "try" the year before with Bill Harrigan at Kogarah.

:crazy:

Aragorn

First Grade
I hate to say it, but I do enjoy watching Manly play... especially the kiwi connection of Matai, Foran and Galavau... despise the Stewarts though....

slamminsam246

Juniors
Manly back to where they belong. Top 4. With all the injuries we've dealt with so far this season, that's a massive effort. Go the Eagles! B2B!

slamminsam246

Juniors
Every team has an off day. Penrith turned up the heat in the second half and we had nothing at all on the day. Back on track next week.

BlueEyes

Juniors
Every team has an off day. Penrith turned up the heat in the second half and we had nothing at all on the day. Back on track next week.

Are you serious every team has its off day. How can we beat The Dogs and the Broncos but get a lesson from the Eels, the Panthers and the Titans - the cellar dwellers. Makes no sense, and if George Rose (Mr Ztapuf) left it would be no loss and Buhrer should put his Toyota Cup shirt back on for a while.

Wedgetail Eagle

Juniors
Agree, Manly can lift to beat Broncos & Dogs, but get rolled by teams they should beat. This has me perplexed. Manly would be top 4 if they won those games, instead they make hard work out of staying in the top 8.

Tommax25

Bench
Agree, Manly can lift to beat Broncos & Dogs, but get rolled by teams they should beat. This has me perplexed. Manly would be top 4 if they won those games, instead they make hard work out of staying in the top 8.

Manly would be 1st if they had won every game. You're living unrealistically. No team goes undefeated for the season these days. You win some and you lose some, and at the end of the day you hope you win more than you lose.

I'm not too worried by these losses to poor teams. I would be a hell of a lot more worried if we couldn't beat the top teams and could only spank the easy beats because that would mean we are no chance of winning the comp.

GongPanther

Referee
@ BleEyes.

There is always that common X-factor when the defending premiership winner plays a lowly side and it happens in most years.

Its when the bottom of the table teams really step up to play the reigning premiers and as always,you will find that there has been a lot of instances were lower teams do end up giving the more fancied team a shock loss.

BlueEyes

Juniors
@Gongpanther

That is true but you do wonder when it has been the bottom 3 teams that beat us. I know the Titans have moved up since but it was the bottom 3 teams at the time. I could understand one or two but all 3 just has the locals boiling hehehe.