What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly is a one man team

Cloud9

The circumstantial evidence points to it.
If you take out Brett Stewart, they will most likely lose.
Mick Crocker did it in the GF 2007, and we won.

Loudstrat

Coach
Stewart must mean 70 points to Manly then :lol:

Or maybe he owns Slater.

Stewart doesn't need acts of thuggery to make the test side. Just needs to get on the paddock and catch a pass.

t-ba

Post Whore
I cereally doubt he's worth 40 points in a grand final...or a clean sheet in defence.

Nook

Bench
He does have an impact though. He's the only Manly player that would have scored those 3 tries today.

Navjot

Juniors
He does have an impact though. He's the only Manly player that would have scored those 3 tries today.

True, manly fans shouldnt get too excited yet as the commentators said the tigers are a rabble at the moment.

Tommax25

Bench
There is a decent arguement I suppose but what does that matter? The cowboys made the top 4 a few years ago SOLEY upon Thurston and Bowen. Take one out, they fail. Take the other out, they fail. Take both out they fail. Both in however and they could beat anyone in the comp, regardless of who else was in the team. However you can win, just take it.

Stewart is signed long-term and doesnt have a history of injury or with the judiciary (like on of the other leading fullbacks I can think of). I'm fine with us being labelled a 'one-man team'.

so after all this time a Melbourne supporter finally admits that stewart was taken out by that piece of sh*t crocker

and to the subject at hand......i dont know about a one man team, i think we won today because all our players were in their prefered positions

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Well Manly did beat the Roosters 42-0 last year without him, but thats another story.
Take Billy Slater out of the Storm, they will struggle. Every team has at least one player who is central to the way they play the game.

effnic

Bench
Didnt score a single try in the gf but yet we put on 40 points. But he does make a difference after all he is the best player in the nrl.

adamkungl

Immortal
so after all this time a Melbourne supporter finally admits that stewart was taken out by that piece of sh*t crocker

and to the subject at hand......i dont know about a one man team, i think we won today because all our players were in their prefered positions

Find one person that denies Stewart was taken out... taken out doesn't imply legally or illegally.

Well Manly did beat the Roosters 42-0 last year without him, but thats another story.
Take Billy Slater out of the Storm, they will struggle. Every team has at least one player who is central to the way they play the game.

Except Souths. We have Craig Wing as back-up for either of our 6,7,or 9 if one of those three out.

I think we are one of the only sides who isn't surrounded on a one-man-team.

The evidence proves it.
If you take away the Storms cheating tackling techniques, they will lose.
It happened in the GF 2008, and the team of cheating scum lost.

Find one person that denies Stewart was taken out... taken out doesn't imply legally or illegally.

fair comment.......but if you go back, the melbourne knobheads and quite a few other knobs at the time were saying that it was a fair and legal tackle, and that crocker did not take him out.......so it is finally good to hear one of the melbourne supporters, say that he was taken out, and was not tackled fairly and legally

Evenflow

Bench

Not necessarily. While obviously they wouldn't be quite as strong if you take Slater out of their team, he can be replaced by Turner who is/was essentially a full back in the first place. That said they wouldn't lose anywhere near as much as what Manly did when Robertson was playing FB.

Even Manly fans have admitted that while he's a pretty good winger he's a sh*t FB and struggled big time. When he had to be moved there it not only weakened the FB position but also on the wing where he was replaced, it has a flow on affect with the whole team when Stewart is out and it affects them more so than some other teams if one of their star players were out.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule and they haven't lose every game in the past that he hasn't played in, but i think being 0-4 without him and arguably only winning the game today because he played i think the evidence is pretty clear that Manly will always struggle without him in the side. I'm sure most Manly fans won't like to admit that but i also think deep down they know it's true no matter how much they deny it.